• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

25 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Your biggest mistake: not respecting a Talk Chelsea living legend.

roflmaoooooo

'legend' claims when made about an internet chatboard

are the same as those made about being a 'legend' at a Brixton curry takeaway, just without the dodgy goat

Avoiding defeat at Valencia is absolutely vital! If we lose there, then we must beat Lille and hope Ajax lose to Valencia (assuming Ajax beat Lille next).
Our away form has been pretty decent...

Lille could still have a glimmer of hope for EL qualification (miracles do happen after tonight) & Ajax will be without their main CB pairing. Let's hope Lille can do what they did against Valencia.

Nahh.
Europa is n't worth it.
It's obsolete.
Last year we won it after playing one and a half real matches.
In the CL we have a shot (Poketinio last year ?) and it's not all Real and Barcelona.
I watched Real on Sat -tearful- and Barcelona today did n't impress (held 0-0 by the Czechs).
But frankly I don't see how we can lose to Valencia - unless some weird things happen.

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Our away form has been pretty decent...

Lille could still have a glimmer of hope for EL qualification (miracles do happen after tonight) & Ajax will be without their main CB pairing. Let's hope Lille can do what they did against Valencia.

Lille are gonna need a miracle that's arguably bigger than our CL win in 2012. They need to beat Ajax and us (4 goals or more against the former + 3-2, 4-3 etc or more than one goal against us) and hope Valencia beat Ajax or us. 

Lille are gonna need a miracle that's arguably bigger than our CL win in 2012. They need to beat Ajax and us (4-0 goals or more against the former + 3-2, 4-3 etc or more than one goal against us) and hope Valencia beat Ajax or us. 
As long as they believe in it, there's a chance. [emoji16]

I am  gutted , In one play  2 red cards and a penalty against us. 

We dominated the game and completely silenced Stamford Bridge. (Chelsea never conceded 3 goals at home in one half in a european match)

But I'm fecking proud of my team. with 9 left on the pitch, we still managed to keep a draw.

I read a lot of comments that Chelsea have to splash the cash after the transferban. Some never learn, Tonight you have been blown away by a team which costed less than your goalkeeper.

Chelsea has some extreme talented young players, and a coach who has tons of credit from the supporters.  Have patience and let this group mature and learn.

With a specific philosophy and a steady course, you can create a force to reckon  with.  Probably you won't win trophies immediately, but after some time you"ll  end up with great team.(its the Ajax approach).

7 minutes ago, Kicker Conspiracy said:

We dominated the game and completely silenced Stamford Bridge. (Chelsea never conceded 3 goals at home in one half in a european match)

But I'm fecking proud of my team. with 9 left on the pitch, we still managed to keep a draw.

I read a lot of comments that Chelsea have to splash the cash after the transferban. Some never learn, Tonight you have been blown away by a team which costed less than your goalkeeper.

Chelsea has some extreme talented young players, and a coach who has tons of credit from the supporters.  Have patience and let this group mature and learn.

With a specific philosophy and a steady course, you can create a force to reckon  with.  Probably you won't win trophies immediately, but after some time you"ll  end up with great team.(its the Ajax approach).

In the past we spend money on duds. 

If we can spend money on top young players like Chilwell it's worth it. 

English player, young and top player. 

I think that is the type of money we should spend. 

3 minutes ago, Kicker Conspiracy said:

Dominated the game? Lets be honest. It was a game of 2 halfs anybody could see that. Even with 11 men in the second half we started much better despite conceding that 4th goal (poor goal to concede). Again blown away, hugely inaccurate, I said in other posts how a draw was probably a fair result but again Onana made 3 or 4 saves, where other than that superb one from Batshuayi, we would of wanted the players to have done a lot better with those opportunities. Michy and Tammy particularly had a few decent chances. Where as I can remember only one chance where Kepa had to make a difficult save in the second half.

I do agree on the point regarding giving this team time but there will be pressure on Frank and the squad to be up there and at least be competitive, we dont have the same luxuries as other clubs, weve sacked more successful, much bigger and better managers than Frank so I dont expect him to get any other sort of free passes bar this season if the transfer ban isnt removed . There is plenty talent here and we've known this for years but the expectation here will alway competing/winning trophies based on the clubs last 15 years. That wont change. Still a lot of work to be done with the team and 2 or 3 key additions in specific areas on the pitch wont hurt.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Dominated the game? Lets be honest. It was a game of 2 halfs anybody could see that. Even with 11 men in the second half we started much better despite conceding that 4th goal (poor goal to concede). Again blown away, hugely inaccurate, I said in other posts how a draw was probably a fair result but again Onana made 3 or 4 saves, where other than that superb one from Batshuayi, we would of wanted the players to have done a lot better with those opportunities. Michy and Tammy particularly had a few decent chances. Where as I can remember only one chance where Kepa had to make a difficult save in the second half.

I do agree on the point regarding giving this team time but there will be pressure on Frank and the squad to be up there and at least be competitive, we dont have the same luxuries as other clubs, weve sacked more successful, much bigger and better managers than Frank so I dont expect him to get any other sort of free passes bar this season if the transfer ban isnt removed . There is plenty talent here and we've known this for years but the expectation here will alway competing/winning trophies based on the clubs last 15 years. That wont change. Still a lot of work to be done with the team and 2 or 3 key additions in specific areas on the pitch wont hurt.

objectively speaking,, i agree with you,  "dominated and blown away" isn't a correct description of the match. But the fun part of being a supporter is,  being a bit biased and subjective.

Probably a draw would be the fair result in both matches.

46 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Ajax continue to attack even after 9 men down is immense. 

I still think we got lucky, no way we come back with 11 men. 

Other then that I'm glad that we have a team that fights till the end. 

It was 2-4 with a penalty to come Vs 11 men.

There's every chance we'd have come back.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It was 2-4 with a penalty to come Vs 11 men.

There's every chance we'd have come back.

Blind was fouled first, ref should have known he had no advantage from that duel and whistled there and then. But he didn’t.

Subsequently should never have been a penalty. Veltman even tries to pull his arm away. Never worth a second yellow.

The 2-4 seemed off-side, at least as if not worse off-side than Promes in the homematch.