Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Super Frank Thread

Followers 9

2 hours ago, Patrick Bamford said:

I used to believe that the one thing Lampard excels in at the very least is his man management but seeing some of the stories that emerged after his sacking, not sure if that's really the case anymore. If he is lacking with the man management, the tactical management etc, then he might well struggle to have a successful managerial career. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Frank Lampard 'open' to Celtic job and Steven Gerrard Rangers duel after Neil Lennon quits

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1401844/Celtic-news-Frank-Lampard-Chelsea-Rangers-Steven-Gerrard-Neil-Lennon-resigns

Isn't Lampard's wife gonna give birth soon or something? Doubt he would take the job right now, even though it would be interesting to see it happen.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Isn't Lampard's wife gonna give birth soon or something? Doubt he would take the job right now, even though it would be interesting to see it happen.

Following the announcement of her second pregnancy, TV star Christine Lampard has opened up about her excitement of welcoming another child with husband Frank Lampard.

Appearing on Tuesday's Loose Women, the 41-year-old confirmed that she is due to give birth in April, which means she is now over the 20-week mark.

"I'm 20 weeks already," she shared. "April is when it is, early April. It's really not that far away. It will be here before we know it, we can't quite believe it!"

Remember how many of us were excited before the season with our attack:

Werner 

Pulisic Havertz Ziyech 

Have they ever been all together on the pitch? 😔

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Remember how many of us were excited before the season with our attack:

Werner 

Pulisic Havertz Ziyech 

Have they ever been all together on the pitch? 😔

Tbf, that wasn't Lampard's fault. It's unfortunate but these lot keep getting injured. Only Werner has a stellar record.

Edited by Mana
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

But who were these players who didn’t get on with Lampard?

Well according to pundit Danny Murphy, via Chris from the Fulham Broadway’s Finest podcast, Mateo Kovačić and Antonio Rudiger.

Murphy was on talkSPORT on Monday morning after Lampard’s sacking and claimed: “A source told me that Rudiger & Kovacic went directly to the board to talk about Lampard.”

https://theathletic.com/2298337/2021/01/25/lampards-Chelsea-sacking-tension-with-marina-unhappy-players-and-secret-job-offers/

Managing celtic gives him a chance to build a CV and test out things with little pressure , would be a good move 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Has been linked with the England U21s job.

would not be the worst for him. Does not need to worry about club structures or new signings being imposed for him and has a vast pool of talent to pick from. I still think there is a very good coach in him. His judgement of players and overall strategic vision was spot on in my opinion he just could not implement it tactically. Maybe if given time and players who are still young and unbiased he will have it easier.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Gave his first interview since sacking.

Where?

On 01/04/2021 at 12:34, Jason said:

Has been linked with the England U21s job.

Would be an improvement on Boothroyd but to be honest he has been stealing a living in that job for years. For the players they have, the u21s play absolutely brutal football at times.

Seen in the article “Lampard, a more modern coach” as if that means anything meaningful though..... good old British media. He was anything but a modern coach here he seemed more old school in didnt coach shape by the looks of it and just let the players figure it out in the middle and final thirds.

Interesting interview though, was always too big for him this early in his career and I have no doubts he will eventually bounce back. A club like of a Celtic or Rangers would be a good grounding for him. Plenty of expectations, lower standard domestically and budget wise but definitely the sort of place which could make him as a manager. Every game is a cup final for the opposition and also there is European exposure through CL and Europa. 

Edited by OneMoSalah
  • 2 weeks later...