Didier Drogba

DYC.

Thanks a lot mate, i´m watching it now ;) Drogba is a legend and faithful to Chelsea, it´s great that he won´t be joining a premier league team on loan out of respect for us, i hope he sticks to his word. I think Lampard should have done the same last season, but in the end it wasn´t costly for us, thankfully. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Abramovich is considering bringing back Drogba as part of a new coaching set-up either under Hiddink or new man next summer (Telegraph) #CFCCFC.png

It was always going to happen. True legend and the Bridge is the place where he belongs. Let's hope Lamps and Terry are going to be part of the coaching team as well or doing something related to the club. The three giants of the Roman era, and nobody apart from Cech comes even close.

Want to build a dynasty, start with training the man to be the proper face up -- likes of the 'Old Guard' -- to become an eventual manager. Youth Team Manager to Reserve Manager to Assistant Coach (like Steve Holland), to then eventual manager. Let them choice tactics and team selection for the League Cup, or take charge of every other training session. Would love to see someone like Drogba or JT as manager one day.

Real passion for the club, and thoroughly bled through the system as player, coach and manager.

DDA has all the characteristics to succeed as a successful coach. It would be a match made in heaven. Most football players reapect DDA too because he always showed up in the most important games of them all.

Let's not forget Drogba had his own spell of bad form, early in career.

I think we were all slightly guilty then of jumping the gun on the Ivorian, so he'll be a good influence on Costa. Let's be honest, the Spaniard isn't messing with that man. He'll be good for morale overall too, we know Drogs is banter. He should've been here to help Mourinho, but alas that's moot now.

As much as I would love him here, he is doing fantastically well at Montreal scoring a goal a game. I think it would be a bit selfish of us to ask him to give that up when he clearly thinks his playing career is not over just yet. He should come whenever he wants, not just because we are in desperate need of someone like him now.