Didier Drogba

DYC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

From Didier's Facebook page:

As the new @premierleague season starts, before the first @chelseafc home game, I wanted to highlight and thank two People who were so important during my time at the Club.
First of all, I want to thank Marina for always supporting me in the good moments and even the difficult moments at the club, when most people were criticising me for saying loud (maybe a bit too loud actually) and clear what I felt unfair ( champions league CFC v Barcelona 2009 )
Only @marina_granovskia and a handful of people understood it as someone who cared for the club, the badge and the fans.
Her contribution to this club is beyond what people on the outside know.
Over nineteen years she worked so hard to build a world class club and to keep the blue flag flying high in the world of football.
And to Roman,
Boss, no need to tell stories of moments we shared together.
MY LOYALTY AND RESPECT FOR YOU IS FOR LIFE !!!
On both a professional and a personal level I can never thank you enough for your belief and support and the vision you created to help us all achieve our dreams.
You came unknown in to the football world, you leave having won everything possible @chelseafc
Together we made history that no one can take away
It is here forever 💙

• 1 month later...

Drogba is being a bellend.

Didier Drogba slams old club Chelsea for "lacking class" after Todd Boehly's takeover

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-boehly-drogba-abramovich-owner-28245916

Bohely has said goodbye to several Chelsea employees since the takeover was completed, as he looks to leave his mark on Stamford Bridge. Among those to be sacked was successful manager Thomas Tuchel, who was succeeded by Graham Potter last month.

As quoted by beIN Sports, Drogba told Canal+: "I knew this club with a certain class during the Abramovich era, but today I find it lacking. It’s very hard for me to see how they got rid of certain people, for example the physiotherapists, who were there for a very long time. They should go back to the principles and values they had."

Drogba's comments are questionable, considering Abramovich's alleged links with an authoritarian regime that's pursuing a destructive war. Abramovich also had a reputation for sacking coaches with ease, making 14 managerial changes during his ownership.

snip

Was it 'classy' Didier, when you did this?

Chelsea stars refuse to give physio Eva Carneiro a lift at training

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/video-Chelsea-stars-refuse-give-physio-eva-carneiro-lift-training

Chelsea’s stars were in no mood to give their physio Eva Carneiro a lift when they got hold of a transport vehicle at the training ground.

With Diego Costa at the wheel, accompanied by Didier Drogba, Felipe Luis, Petr Cech, and Thibaut Courtois, there was nobody willing to be a gentleman and get off to allow Carneiro to go along instead.

Sources say that although Costa wanted to stop to allow her to get on, Drogba was adamant that they leave her behind.

chelsea-stars-driving-1411716857.jpg

Eva Carneiro settles case with Chelsea and Mourinho

https://www.eastlondonlines.co.uk/2016/06/eva-carneiro-settles-case-with-Chelsea-and-mourinho/

Carneiro quit after a dispute with Mourinho, who publicly criticised her for treating injured forward Eden Hazard at a Premier League game in August last year. He allegedly called her filha da puta, Portuguese for daughter of a whore, as her decision left the team reduced to nine men temporarily.

Chelsea said: “We wish to place on record that in running onto the pitch Dr Carneiro was following both the rules of the game and fulfilling her responsibility to the players as a doctor, putting their safety first.”

Carneiro’s legal team on June 6 told the tribunal that she regularly had to put up with sexually explicit comments from colleagues. Documents also alleged that Mourinho after the Swansea match had suggested Carneiro should work with the ladies’ team.

Chelsea had said that the Gibraltar-born doctor was preoccupied with building her own profile and secretly briefed against the club to the media. They also claimed that Mourinho, now manager of Manchester United, had said filho da puta, meaning son of a bitch, which had “no sexist connotation”.

Carneiro said: “My priority has always been the health and safety of the players and fulfilling my duty of care as a doctor. In running onto the pitch to treat a player, who requested medical attention, I was following the rules of the game and fulfilling my medical responsibilities.”

Edited by Vesper

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/10/2022 at 18:25, Vesper said:

Drogba is being a bellend.

Didier Drogba slams old club Chelsea for "lacking class" after Todd Boehly's takeover

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-boehly-drogba-abramovich-owner-28245916

Bohely has said goodbye to several Chelsea employees since the takeover was completed, as he looks to leave his mark on Stamford Bridge. Among those to be sacked was successful manager Thomas Tuchel, who was succeeded by Graham Potter last month.

As quoted by beIN Sports, Drogba told Canal+: "I knew this club with a certain class during the Abramovich era, but today I find it lacking. It’s very hard for me to see how they got rid of certain people, for example the physiotherapists, who were there for a very long time. They should go back to the principles and values they had."

Drogba's comments are questionable, considering Abramovich's alleged links with an authoritarian regime that's pursuing a destructive war. Abramovich also had a reputation for sacking coaches with ease, making 14 managerial changes during his ownership.

snip

Was it 'classy' Didier, when you did this?

Chelsea stars refuse to give physio Eva Carneiro a lift at training

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/video-Chelsea-stars-refuse-give-physio-eva-carneiro-lift-training

Chelsea’s stars were in no mood to give their physio Eva Carneiro a lift when they got hold of a transport vehicle at the training ground.

With Diego Costa at the wheel, accompanied by Didier Drogba, Felipe Luis, Petr Cech, and Thibaut Courtois, there was nobody willing to be a gentleman and get off to allow Carneiro to go along instead.

Sources say that although Costa wanted to stop to allow her to get on, Drogba was adamant that they leave her behind.

chelsea-stars-driving-1411716857.jpg

Eva Carneiro settles case with Chelsea and Mourinho

https://www.eastlondonlines.co.uk/2016/06/eva-carneiro-settles-case-with-Chelsea-and-mourinho/

Carneiro quit after a dispute with Mourinho, who publicly criticised her for treating injured forward Eden Hazard at a Premier League game in August last year. He allegedly called her filha da puta, Portuguese for daughter of a whore, as her decision left the team reduced to nine men temporarily.

Chelsea said: “We wish to place on record that in running onto the pitch Dr Carneiro was following both the rules of the game and fulfilling her responsibility to the players as a doctor, putting their safety first.”

Carneiro’s legal team on June 6 told the tribunal that she regularly had to put up with sexually explicit comments from colleagues. Documents also alleged that Mourinho after the Swansea match had suggested Carneiro should work with the ladies’ team.

Chelsea had said that the Gibraltar-born doctor was preoccupied with building her own profile and secretly briefed against the club to the media. They also claimed that Mourinho, now manager of Manchester United, had said filho da puta, meaning son of a bitch, which had “no sexist connotation”.

Carneiro said: “My priority has always been the health and safety of the players and fulfilling my duty of care as a doctor. In running onto the pitch to treat a player, who requested medical attention, I was following the rules of the game and fulfilling my medical responsibilities.”

Just seeing this now.

Was always curious about how the new regime would try to form relationships with ex players and stars.

Feels it's always good to have a nice relationship rather than none at all.

Shame it seems to have gone off to a wrong start, but then again Drogba is but one player (big one though he maybe).

The only ex player I've heard they got in touch with is Paul Canoville, but I doubt he has any of the influence that the Drogbas generation has. And maybe JT who still coaches the youth team I guess.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...