Didier Drogba

DYC.

While I'm not for a second doubting Drogbas dressing room influence, he was at the club during equally disastrous spells of form in 10/11 and 11/12.

not even close. no where close.

a first team midfield of ramires-mikel along with an attack of a 30+ DD, anelka, malouda with kalou.

we lacked quality then.

compare it to the current scenario. hazard, willian, oscar, cesc, costa, matic - all supposed to be in their prime. but absolutely NO BALLS.

not even close. no where close.

a first team midfield of ramires-mikel along with an attack of a 30+ DD, anelka, malouda with kalou.

we lacked quality then.

compare it to the current scenario. hazard, willian, oscar, cesc, costa, matic - all supposed to be in their prime. but absolutely NO BALLS.

Looking at it quality wise you are probably right, but I was more looking at the form in isolation.

Can't argue with the mentality, their is only three players in this squad with a true winners mentality for me and one of them is out until Christmas.

Chelsea Transfer News: Didier Drogba Return Wanted by Players, Top Rumours

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2587830-chelsea-transfer-news-didier-drogba-return-wanted-by-players-top-rumours

"Didier was always the man who kept spirits up. He can speak three or four languages and was on great terms with pretty much every different nationality in the whole squad. He was the one who used to post pictures of the players together on Instagram. He bought the gold rings for his team-mates to commemorate the Champions League win in 2012. A few players have spoken about how they miss him and it would be great if he could come back to train and reignite the old spark."

While I'm not for a second doubting Drogbas dressing room influence, he was at the club during equally disastrous spells of form in 10/11 and 11/12.

apart from the abyss in quality to those teams (in 2010/11 we once played bosingwa at centre back and zhirkov, ramires, mikel in midfield when getting spanked by Sunderland, , Drogba was least at fault for our slump. In both seasons we still relied on Lamps+Drogs for goals. In 2010/11 Drogs had malaria FFS and still got us over the line more often than not. Ofc we could not be perfect under these conditions with Lampard injured but iirc we fell back to 4th at worst. In 2010/11, we got into these position as AVB mostly dropped Drogs completely and while playing shit football, Lamps bailed him out about half a dozen times. In both cases, the quality in the squad was poorer than it is today and the form was impeded by illness/injury and bad man-management. But the mere presence of our big character back then prevented us from getting anywhere close to as clueless as we are today. 2010/11 and 2011/12 were blips, but what has happened this season is a huge mess and there is no one to light us the way out.

What a bunch of pussies.

"Drogba's gone so we're going to implode".

You can imagine us wheeling him out in a wheelchair when he's 76 with Paulo Ferreira's great-grandson playing right-back as we battle to avoid the drop to the Evostik Southern Premier.

What a bunch of pussies.

"Drogba's gone so we're going to implode".

You can imagine us wheeling him out in a wheelchair when he's 76 with Paulo Ferreira's great-grandson playing right-back as we battle to avoid the drop to the Evostik Southern Premier.

Again, let's take it with a pinch of salt

It may be that Mou actually wants Drogba back, someone HE can rely on to impose his authority.

If the story is true - it hints at much wider issues behind the scenes

apart from the abyss in quality to those teams (in 2010/11 we once played bosingwa at centre back and zhirkov, ramires, mikel in midfield when getting spanked by Sunderland, , Drogba was least at fault for our slump. In both seasons we still relied on Lamps+Drogs for goals. In 2010/11 Drogs had malaria FFS and still got us over the line more often than not. Ofc we could not be perfect under these conditions with Lampard injured but iirc we fell back to 4th at worst. In 2010/11, we got into these position as AVB mostly dropped Drogs completely and while playing shit football, Lamps bailed him out about half a dozen times. In both cases, the quality in the squad was poorer than it is today and the form was impeded by illness/injury and bad man-management. But the mere presence of our big character back then prevented us from getting anywhere close to as clueless as we are today. 2010/11 and 2011/12 were blips, but what has happened this season is a huge mess and there is no one to light us the way out.

Some fair points made, but I was not saying he was at fault for our slump, what I was contesting was the thought that Drogba could just walk back into the dressing room and every thing will be good again.

Say for argument sake he returned tommorow were probably be a brief feel good factor/honeymoon period but as soon as we have a couple of shit results were be back to square one.

Chelsea dressing room secrets revealed by Didier Drogba: Tactics were chosen by Jose Bosingwa, Phil Scolari tried to oust him... and he didn't recognise John Terry!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3323802/Chelsea-s-dressing-room-secrets-revealed-Didier-Drogba-Tactics-chosen-Jose-Bosingwa-Phil-Scolari-tried-oust-didn-t-recognise-John-Terry.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490o

And that is why Bosingwa is a Chelsea legend. :worship:

So he has an agreement to return someday

Sensationlist headline doesnt reflect the story though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34928364

and if he were to come back in some sort of coaching capacity, I hope it would be for the right reasons such as he has the relevant qualifications, experience and is actually better than what we have

Legend, damn i miss him so much... he did mention the big characters in the Chelsea dressing room and how they were all leaders, we can all see the big difference then and now. I wonder who will take the mantle when Terry eventually retires ? For me that´s the kind of character that defined Chelsea for many years and made us so successful, a team with fighters and winners, never say die attitude, great resilience and passion. I want that feeling back so bad, we all do. Thanks for the link mate, cheers and all the best ;)

Legend, damn i miss him so much... he did mention the big characters in the Chelsea dressing room and how they were all leaders, we can all see the big difference then and now. I wonder who will take the mantle when Terry eventually retires ? For me that´s the kind of character that defined Chelsea for many years and made us so successful, a team with fighters and winners, never say die attitude, great resilience and passion. I want that feeling back so bad, we all do. Thanks for the link mate, cheers and all the best ;)

Yeah mate Ballack said the same, that we have no leaders compared to their era.

Drogba, Essien, Ballack, JT, Lamps, Makalele, Cech. What a generation.

Right now we have too many shy and lazy guys.

For the coming years it will be Cahill and Ivanovic if he stays.

But for the future I see Azpi as a great leader. Maybe Fabregas if we switch to a system that suits him more (4-3-3). Courtois and Zouma also have potential.