Didier Drogba

DYC.

He didn't need to be at his best. He's Didier Drogba, and he did this:

Honestly each time I watch that penalty shoot out I feel all the emotions I went thru on the night all over again. Going from us all just looking at each other with dumb blank expressions to it being a big mass of happy bouncy people. But I'd never felt as confident someone getting a penalty even with that being probably the 2nd to most nerve shattering one someone could take as when Drogs went forward to take that. I dont think I will go thru lower lows and higher highs over such a short period as a Chelsea supporter ever again.

Aslong as it ain't New York City (which I'm pretty sure it ain't) I think I've found myself a team to follow in America

Aslong as it ain't New York City (which I'm pretty sure it ain't) I think I've found myself a team to follow in America

Rumours suggesting Chicago Fire and Montreal Impact are the two clubs looking to sign him - http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/07/19/transfer-watch-didier-drogba-reportedly-talks-join-mls-chicago-fire-and-mont

Rumours suggesting Chicago Fire and Montreal Impact are the two clubs looking to sign him - http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/07/19/transfer-watch-didier-drogba-reportedly-talks-join-mls-chicago-fire-and-mont

I've always liked the name Montreal Impact. It sounds like one of those less than stellar PPVs WCW/WWF would have in the 90s, like In Your House : Montreal Impact 2.

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-soccer/story/2537129/montreal-acquire-didier-drogbas-mls-rights-from-chicago

The Montreal Impact has acquired the MLS rights to Ivorian striker Didier Drogba from the Chicago Fire, and is poised to sign the player to a contract, sources have told ESPN FC.

The current deal on the table will see Drogba, 37, sign an 18-month contract in excess of $3 million per year but the former Chelsea forward has not yet put pen to paper.

Chicago initially obtained Drogba's rights by filing a discovery claim on the player and pursued him for over a month. The Fire thought its offer would be enough to entice the former Chelsea forward to head to the Windy City but Montreal soon entered the fray, and the prospect of playing in the French-speaking city proved more attractive to the former Ivory Coast captain.

When Drogba indicated his preference was to be in Montreal, the Fire traded his rights to the Impact in exchange for what one source with knowledge of the deal described as a "substantial amount of targeted and regular allocation money" well in excess of $100,000.

This marks the second time in two seasons that Chicago has missed out on a high-profile designated player. In 2014 the club went through a protracted attempt to sign U.S. international midfielder Jermaine Jones that ended with the Fire getting nothing and the player ending up with the New England Revolution via a league-mandated (and much derided) blind draw.

I was on another MessageBoard & this fool was criticizing The Montreal Impact for signing The Great DD. I had to explain when you are in a high pressure situation & need a goal, this is your guy. I only provided he goal @ Old Trafford last year, but still it proves a point.

LoneFlawlessEasternglasslizard.gif

MLS just tripled in talent in like three months. Gonna be fun to see these guys live and in person for the first time, especially Drogba.

dude the MLS always had some Gems - my favorite was one of your Soca Warriors, Stern John - remember him? He was like MLS leading scorer like 15 years ago - true that The Great DD is coming here - now if we can convince Ashley Cole to come :Goober:

dude the MLS always had some Gems - my favorite was one of your Soca Warriors, Stern John - remember him? He was like MLS leading scorer like 15 years ago - true that The Great DD is coming here - now if we can convince Ashley Cole to come :Goober:

Stern John was one of my favorite players growing up. [emoji16]

You're definitely right about MLS always having talent. I was merely mentioning the amount of stars increasing by a large amount, maybe worded a bit poorly.

MLS just tripled in talent in like three months. Gonna be fun to see these guys live and in person for the first time, especially Drogba.

Seeing Drogba live is quite a sobering sight, if you think he's massive on the T.v.......