24. Reece James

the wes

hace 2 horas, Mário César dijo:

He, like most of Chelsea players, is a good squad player but if we want to fight for titles, he is not good enough. we need a better player

Hes 21 years old mate.

Him, Pulisic, Havertz, Mount, Gilmour etc are all in the age range of 19-22, nobody’s ever the finished article at that age...

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hes 21 years old mate.

Him, Pulisic, Havertz, Mount, Gilmour etc are all in the age range of 19-22, nobody’s ever the finished article at that age...

Mbappe is damn close, lolol (well, I think he will get even better, perhaps even to CR7/Messi level)

but other than him, correct

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hes 21 years old mate.

Fair point.

But I still expect to see some progress in a player and I'm not seeing any in James. I honestly don't think he's any better than he was two years ago and that's a worry.

Mount is the only one of the "Chelsea Boys"  who's kicked on.

15 hours ago, Mário César said:

Its just me that thint that he isn't good enough and a bit overrated?

I think that we make a mistake selling Lamptey...

Lamptey is good attacking RWB, but nothing else, and him being tiny won't allow him to be much else.

Saying that I am also not convinced by James, wonder why Tuchel abandoned CHO RWB project - I get it he wanted more defensive stability, but considering lately games we are losing goals without him also.

28 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Saying that I am also not convinced by James, wonder why Tuchel abandoned CHO RWB project - I get it he wanted more defensive stability, but considering lately games we are losing goals without him also.

I don't think Tuchel trusts CHO to bring the right mentality in every game. It's 3 managers now that seem to have doubts over CHO.

30 minutes ago, Mana said:

Mount is still the same Mount from at least a season ago though.

Bit unfair that.

He had a lot to prove when returning from Derby and he's gone on to be a player who's consistently singled out for praise by many in the game. The only one of our midfield/forward players who turns in consistently performances. Been a bit more up and down recently though.

Not a world class player but he has moments of real high class and just an all-round important player in the team.

19 minutes ago, Mana said:

No I believe it's not unfair.

I also disagree with your statement about Mount being singled out for praise. He's been the most praised youth player in the team, name one other that gets much praise as him. He's Chelsea's "POTY" FFS.

Personally, all I see from Mount is that he's a workhorse in a #10-like position, so you'll get to see his face more in games. But when I compare the Mount of this season to last, I'm sorry it's no different.

How many goals and assists that he made this season? Woeful numbers, just like last season. You can point to other players as well (like RJ being poor) and I understand that, but it's annoying that people are ripping in to Pulisic, RJ, CHO, Werner and all them lot, while this guy has a free pass. No. He's been terrible too.

Fans love Mount because of these 3 things:

1. He's a workhorse, arguably the most hardworking player in the squad - and when he's dropped it REALLY shows we miss his workrate
  2. He's a Chelsea boy (big reason for most of these fans)
  3. Scored against Real Madrid to send us to the CL final (which is unfair for Pulisic)

But as an attacking player? Terrible. How many times his shots fly up to row Z? How many times does he lose the ball in the final third? Where was he when we needed him against Villa and the FA Cup final?

I don't want to go ahead more about Mount in a RJ thread, but if you don't have a favourite Chelsea player (I don't have ANY favourite attacking Chelsea player) it's EASY to see who's been performing badly without any bias.

I'm not disagreeing with you with what you said about Reece James, but Mount isn't a player to look up to at the moment apart from his workrate.

Just making a general point and this isn't aimed at you but if you criticize Mount for anything on places like Twitter, a big bunch of mobsters will jump on you. lol 

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

I also disagree with your statement about Mount being singled out for praise. He's been the most praised youth player in the team, name one other that gets much praise as him. He's Chelsea's "POTY" FFS.

Personally, all I see from Mount is that he's a workhorse in a #10-like position, so you'll get to see his face more in games. But when I compare the Mount of this season to last, I'm sorry it's no different.

How many goals and assists that he made this season? Woeful numbers, just like last season. You can point to other players as well (like RJ being poor) and I understand that, but it's annoying that people are ripping in to Pulisic, RJ, CHO, Werner and all them lot, while this guy has a free pass. No. He's been terrible too.

1. He's a workhorse, arguably the most hardworking player in the squad - and when he's dropped it REALLY shows we miss his workrate
  3. Scored against Real Madrid to send us to the CL final (which is unfair for Pulisic)

But as an attacking player? Terrible. How many times his shots fly up to row Z? How many times does he lose the ball in the final third?

I don't want to go ahead more about Mount in a RJ thread, but if you don't have a favourite Chelsea player (I don't have ANY favourite attacking Chelsea player) it's EASY to see who's been performing badly without any bias.

I'm not disagreeing with you with what you said about Reece James, but Mount isn't a player to look up to at the moment apart from his workrate.

I'll certainly agree about his shooting and losing the ball too many times, but even with those faults he's still better than the others in midfield and attack.

I said elsewhere, the one player who's really getting away with murder is Kovacic. Does feck all in the opponents half and in the space of a week lost the ball and cost us a goal and on Sunday lost it again in the same position and almost cost us another goal. 

Back to the shooting.

The standard of shooting throughout the whole team is a very unfunny joke. I cannot remember seeing a team with so many players who are so bad at shooting. Shots go everywhere and many of those on target end up being more like a pass to the keeper.  So bad its become borderline unprofessional.

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Just making a general point and this isn't aimed at you but if you criticize Mount for anything on place like Twitter, a big bunch of mobsters will jump on you. lol 

I stay well clear of all those social media outlets. 

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

But as an attacking player? Terrible. How many times his shots fly up to row Z? How many times does he lose the ball in the final third?

Mount is Chelsea's number one in big chances created this season in the PL and number seven overall, only one behind third placed Kane/Son/TAA/Grealish who apart from TAA all got double digits in assists because their team mates can actually score goals. Can Mount really be blamed for others not doing their bit in scoring those chances? Mount's 'chances created' stat from this season is more than 50% better than he got last season btw but I guess to you it's all the same.  He's also the youngest player in the top50 for that particular stat in the whole PL so if he keeps improving further it's not unimaginable that he'll among the very best creative players in the league in a few years.

I do agree that Mount needs to improve his own decision making too and start being more clinical in his own goalscoring chances but even now he's putting up better numbers than the others competing for the same places in the team (especially Pulisic / Ziyech), and that's not even mentioning the work-rate for which he is miles ahead anyone else in the squad and gets a lot of praise for.

It's no surprise fans like to see players who actually make an effort but it's really unfair to reduce Mount's impact to being just a workhorse player. Fans always used to complain about the club not being patient with youth and not giving them a fair shot in the team, but the minute it really happens and the youth players actually perform better than some of the big name signings over two full seasons, they still get hounded out for not being the finished article at 21-22. 🤷‍♂️

20 hours ago, Jas said:

I don't think Tuchel trusts CHO to bring the right mentality in every game. It's 3 managers now that seem to have doubts over CHO.

Yeah, I wonder if there are some backstage issues with him. 

On 25/05/2021 at 11:38, Mana said:

Mount is still the same Mount from at least a season ago though.

I think you are actually watching 19/20 season instead of this one. He has gone on another level this season. Most of my friends who were skeptical about him last season and are supporters of rival clubs even acknowledge he is a top player and they were wrong about questioning him. Several pundits have him in their team of the season, LOL. He is a nailed on starter for Lamps, Tuchel, Southgate most likely too. What is that all these pundits and managers are seeing differently eh?

• 2 weeks later...
hace 4 horas, Jas dijo:

Jesus is that ex Man United boy still playing? I thought he would be about 35 by now, only 27 wow 🤣 ironically he also played for Wigan like our Reece James.