Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

58 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Wonder if Bettinelli or whoever our 3rd keeper is, gets a shot at this rate.   

We really went from the legend Petr Cech to Courtois to this....no wonder why we've become a mid table side.  

Please no, i'd rather Kepa in any state than Bettinelli playing a match of even remote significance, he is absolutely shit.

In regards to Kepa however, this is exactly why i stuck to my guns even during his mini spell, he's back to 19/20 Kepa now, if not worse.

On 17/10/2022 at 08:26, Fernando said:

Done recently but the basis of judge shouldn't be one game but a general time frame. 

Let's have this discussion come February/March and then we can see if he indeed has improved. 

Yeah people just don't learn. 

30 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Isn't Slonina still in his previous team till end of season? If he is here, I don't know why he was not given a slightest chance yet. 

He has been training with us for several weeks. 

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/report-12m-player-Chelsea-signed-in-the-summer-is-now-training-with-potters-squad-after-being-out-on-loan/

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vesper said:

image.png.28783024be0311107d3e8cd5f3734c24.png

Yup Kepa has been overall surprisingly good but he was always capable of sublime saves which will boost him here in the graphic. But the problem is his errors. We do not concede many goals lately also thanks to him but the blunders he did commit cost us dearly, esp vs Fulham and ManCity we probably would have at least 2 but probably 3 or 5 points more if he had just done the basic things rights.

I think he has done absolutely fine. 

Keepers make errors. Even Cech was prone to them, but now we remember him with rose tinted glasses and pretend he never made mistakes. Kepa has been very good since returning into the starting line up. Few errors and shaky moments? Yes, but probably less than the average keeper, and he has been fantastic as a shot stopper. 

I'll just add - ultimate professional as well. Got a lot of labels on here, eg - soft pretty boy, etc, but stuck with it, put his head down and worked, and has always been ready when called upon. 

Edited by Thor

On 11/02/2023 at 21:51, Thor said:

I think he has done absolutely fine. 

Keepers make errors. Even Cech was prone to them, but now we remember him with rose tinted glasses and pretend he never made mistakes. Kepa has been very good since returning into the starting line up. Few errors and shaky moments? Yes, but probably less than the average keeper, and he has been fantastic as a shot stopper. 

I'll just add - ultimate professional as well. Got a lot of labels on here, eg - soft pretty boy, etc, but stuck with it, put his head down and worked, and has always been ready when called upon. 

There's a reason why Cech is considered as a legend, the guy was one of the top keepers in European Football season after season, even had that clean sheet record all those years ago. 

Kepa is generally good at shot stopping but the problem is, he has a proper mistake in him.  He's sort of like Pickford for England national team, steady when called upon but when it comes down to crunch time, he's not a match winner and neither is Kepa (as we saw in those cup finals with Tuchel). 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

There's a reason why Cech is considered as a legend, the guy was one of the top keepers in European Football season after season, even had that clean sheet record all those years ago. 

Kepa is generally good at shot stopping but the problem is, he has a proper mistake in him.  He's sort of like Pickford for England national team, steady when called upon but when it comes down to crunch time, he's not a match winner and neither is Kepa (as we saw in those cup finals with Tuchel). 

He has several times ventured into no mans land not committing, and not staying on his line resulting in several goals conceded, and then berated the defence. Thankfully not recently.