Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Should be number one for Spain at WC. 

Talk about a turn around for him. Out in the wilderness for both club and country without much hope of things changing. Tried and failed to move in the summer and looked destined to ride our bench for years.

Now he looks to have solidified his starting spot for us and should do for Spain as well. Oh, and he’s also got a smoking hot fiancé and will be getting married soon. The dude is winning life right now. 🤣🤣🤣

As I mentioned in another thread, he really hasn't put a foot wrong when called upon in the last 12 months or so. I'm pleased to see him bounce back & grab his chance to reclaim the number one spot.

Still think Mendy should be number one, @Tomo ?

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

As I mentioned in another thread, he really hasn't put a foot wrong when called upon in the last 12 months or so. I'm pleased to see him bounce back & grab his chance to reclaim the number one spot.

Still think Mendy should be number one, @Tomo ?

A very long way to go until i declare myself totally proven wrong (if he plays a big role in bringing us home the points vs United and Arsenal then we maybe start talking) but at this moment in time he's doing very well and can only hope he keeps it up.

Unlike certain other record signings i have always had respect for his self awareness and the way he's conducted himself so i will have fond memories of him despite everything even if this is a purple patch.

I think with the way Graham Potter likes his teams to build out from the back it was always a given Kepa was going to get a fair shot at least due to his technical and distribution skills but I didn’t expect him to start as often as he has so far. But you can see he is always an option when we have the ball and he is much much more comfortable than Mendy in this regard.

Wonder if anyone will claim the board have asked GP to play him like they did in previous seasons with Frank or TT 🤣

14 hours ago, Tomo said:

A very long way to go until i declare myself totally proven wrong (if he plays a big role in bringing us home the points vs United and Arsenal then we maybe start talking) but at this moment in time he's doing very well and can only hope he keeps it up.

Unlike certain other record signings i have always had respect for his self awareness and the way he's conducted himself so i will have fond memories of him despite everything even if this is a purple patch.

If he does keep it up, I don't see Mendy getting a proper chance tbh. It will be interesting to see what plans Potter has for Slonina in a matter of months too

Most people will remember Kepa for his refusal to come off, no matter what. 

Edited by LAM09

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

If he does keep it up, I don't see Mendy getting a proper chance tbh. It will be interesting to see what plans Potter has for Slonina in a matter of months too

Most people will remember Kepa for his refusal to come off, no matter what. 

Ironically that's the one thing i've always staunchly defended him on. It was a clear misunderstanding in the heat of the game.

Let's see how he deals with Brentford's aerial bombardment and shots from long range. He has been impressive recently, but the reason he lost his place wasn't due to his reflexes or feet. It was always to do with his lack of ability to deal with crosses and long rangers to the top corners. 

Edited by King Kante

40 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Another big performance. Defence aren’t helping him one bit though. 

Think his MOTM was a bit OTT last night. His save from Toney was top class but everything else he had to do I'd expect any half competent keeper to save/sort.

Villa was a disaster and he saved our backside but last night was a disappointing but not even close to disastrous performance.

I'm really pleased for the lad, amid all the hate and shocking form, he said he wasn't looking to leave Chelsea.

And he wanted to knuckle down and improve his game, well he's certainly done that.

Good luck to him✌️

On 20/10/2022 at 20:21, Tomo said:

Think his MOTM was a bit OTT last night. His save from Toney was top class but everything else he had to do I'd expect any half competent keeper to save/sort.

Villa was a disaster and he saved our backside but last night was a disappointing but not even close to disastrous performance.

True but again, this run will do his confidence the world of good. And his kicking ability ties in with how we build up a lot better than Mendys does.

Its like a nice wee redemption story for somebody who has been harshly over criticised at times when he struggled also.

Defensively we need to be much better still as a team and this high pressing approach people believed GP would bring, it is also needing improved upon.