Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

I thought he was rather unlucky, he did not quite get enough power behind the push but the problem was that he had to jump a little backwards so it was hard to push it past the post from that angle. Overall he did well today again, was decent with his feet under pressure and made two very good and three routine saves with which he would have struggled 2 years ago.

Let's just hope he keeps his confidence.

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Yeah Tim Howard said once kepa got a full hand on Casemiros header, he should have kept it out.

That lack of reach and power has always been the criticism on him.

hope just a one-off tho.

He might be right but Howard is the one to talk. i remember clear as day in 2011 he jumped for a late back post header by chicharito and clumsily ended up hitting the net way before the ball did.

37 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I thought he was rather unlucky, he did not quite get enough power behind the push but the problem was that he had to jump a little backwards so it was hard to push it past the post from that angle. Overall he did well today again, was decent with his feet under pressure and made two very good and three routine saves with which he would have struggled 2 years ago.

Let's just hope he keeps his confidence.

He might be right but Howard is the one to talk. i remember clear as day in 2011 he jumped for a late back post header by chicharito and clumsily ended up hitting the net way before the ball did.

yeah I'm not a big fan of Howards myself -- bit overrated goalie back then. On the other hand, that's the position I know the least about, so I usually defer to others.
Totally agree that Kepa is (finally!) in good form and should play.

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

Keeps making ameturish decisions. 

Wonder if mendy will return to the post. 

There not really he just a wee bit short punching can be worked on, no chance Mendy gets in with his form ATM and rightly so.

• 2 months later...

Some stuff he is average.

So many goals conceded are because he neither commits nor stays put but lingers like a fart in no mans land.

But his real forte is being rooted to the spot, not moving, and watching the ball bulge in the net. Sort of thing you did at primary school as if to say 'there was nothing I could do about that'.

I noticed all this in his first six games.

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Some stuff he is average.

So many goals conceded are because he neither commits nor stays put but lingers like a fart in no mans land.

But his real forte is being rooted to the spot, not moving, and watching the ball bulge in the net. Sort of thing you did at primary school as if to say 'there was nothing I could do about that'.

I noticed all this in his first six games.

the club fucked up really bad when they spent 80 million euros on him when the snake left for Madrid, Kepa is nowhere near a top gk, what the fuck was the board even thinking? 

Edited by Johnnyeye

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

the club fucked up really bad when they spent 70 million pounds on him when the snake left for Madrid, Kepa is nowhere near to a top gk, what the fuck was the board even thinking? 

Completely lacking in guts as well - think Cudicini, Cech. Prick makes Nick Pope look like Buffon.

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Completely lacking in guts as well - think Cudicini, Cech. Prick makes Nick Pope look like Buffon.

surely Slonina can’t be any worse, Kepa has to save that 2nd goal, no excuses. But seriously mate, what the hell is happening to this club? i’m beyond depressed right now

'It's a MASSIVE error': Peter Crouch slams Kepa after the Chelsea goalkeeper's blunder allowed Carlos Vincius to head home Fulham's winner.

How on earth does Vinicius find himself in this area of the pitch with a free header at goal? The glaring error is Kepa. If he reads the flight of the ball, gets in goal, [Vinicius] cannot score. If he stays on his line it’s a hard header,'

Cost us the game, and not for the first time.

10 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

surely Slonina can’t be any worse, Kepa has to save that 2nd goal, no excuses. But seriously mate, what the hell is happening to this club? i’m beyond depressed right now

Wonder if Bettinelli or whoever our 3rd keeper is, gets a shot at this rate.   

We really went from the legend Petr Cech to Courtois to this....no wonder why we've become a mid table side.  

24 minutes ago, lucio said:

Why were  people hyping him up before the WC and saying he's better than Mendy. Mendy has been in bad form , kepa is just bad period 

Because at that point he was playing great, and he can dispatch the ball unlike Mendy. This is Chelsea in a nut shell, the odd player plays great for a short period while 10 play like trash, just makes the player playing good like 10x better than he actually is.