Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

3 hours ago, lucio said:

you can watch Baka play vs city and Juventus for monaco, clearly absolutely clumsy and poor on the ball, made 2 big errors for the juventus goals, i don't care if he had some dominant games vs FC Caen or something in a high quality team that made him appear better. He's awful

Yup.

What bakayoko did for Milan is irrelevant because we already saw him in the pl and multiple times after plenty of starts (too many?) were given.

Different league where players enjoy a lot more time on the ball. Bakayoko has a poor first touch at this level, which becomes a much bigger problem in the pl.

that’s why Lucas Leiva moved from pool to Lazio once he lost quickness. He always complained how little time on the ball players have in the PL.

compared to bakayoko, Kovacic is a freaking god. 

it was basically sign him or sign no-one.

I`d probably have not signed anyone and gave the time to the likes of Palasic instead but not in a wtf did we do that frame of mind for about it. he was vanilla last year but system was only really geared for Jorginho to shine in (even tho that didn`t really work out) really think Frank will be a sensible HC and not try to force players into positions and roles they are not suitable for so see how it goes. 

3 hours ago, Nicco said:

Good option but I feel we overpaid again, at least Bakayoko is unlikely to stay now.

How much did we pay tho. 50 million is what I'm hearing but including add-ons so is it like 35 million + 15 in add-ons or?

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

How much did we pay tho. 50 million is what I'm hearing but including add-ons so is it like 35 million + 15 in add-ons or?

Matt Law said it's just over 40mil.

Hopefully he can put more performances like the Europa League finale and even his first match for us vs Arsenal in the PL. Hes no longer a young player so he needs to show a bit more than he has at Real and here last season to progress. I think Lampard will say the same to him, there is a very good player potentially in there but he cant coast games, has to get them by the scruff of the neck and influence them. I mean I didnt think the fee is fair as its the market in the modern day but I do hope he can deliver better performances to justify paying that.

Just now, the wes said:

Fingers crossed lamps makes him into a better player I'm guessing Drinkwater or Baka will be sold in the summer 

Kovacic as Kante backup and Drinkwater as Jorginho backup with Bakayoko out of the door seems like the most likely scenario to me

Quality on the ball not questionable, gifted player without doubt but a big question mark over goals.

Definitely adds something, and it was a backs against the wall decision due to the transfer ban.