Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

Yes!!! He’s a good player who’s very comfortable on the ball.

he hasn’t offered enough in attack, but can improve in that especially with Lampard at the helm.

Even if you are not a fan of kova, think of him as one more player ahead of bakayoko... see him as a buffer to protect us from a completely inapt footballer.

I like this signing. Kovacic is our most talented midfielder but he is a weird player. Technically brilliant, defensively better than ruben and Barkley. The problem with kova is he need to be more aggressive and brave in his passing. It all about decision making imo, and that usually come with game time. If he can get that area better 40m is a bargain for player of kova quality 

:blink:

Even kovacic's mum would not be using adjectives like brilliant to describe him. To call him the "most talented of our midfielders", is nothing but ridiculing the rest of our midfielders. Specially when they are someone like ruben, kante (the best b2b in the world) and a DLP like jorginho. 

But dont worry, this brilliant talented midfielder will hopefully be moved on in the next 2 years and we will be wondering and cursing the board on how we managed to spend 120mil on kovacic, bakayoko and drinkwater. SHAMBLES

5 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

:blink:

Even kovacic's mum would not be using adjectives like brilliant to describe him. To call him the "most talented of our midfielders", is nothing but ridiculing the rest of our midfielders. Specially when they are someone like ruben, kante (the best b2b in the world) and a DLP like jorginho. 

But dont worry, this brilliant talented midfielder will hopefully be moved on in the next 2 years and we will be wondering and cursing the board on how we managed to spend 120mil on kovacic, bakayoko and drinkwater. SHAMBLES

17 of your last 25 posts are taking swipes at Kovacic to one degree or another. We get it, you don't like him.

41 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

No one should be writing anything bad about the great kovacic

Your getting boring now. A shame isn't it, that our new manager backed this transfer and given his full approval. Unlucky for some.

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Your getting boring now. A shame isn't it, that our new manager backed this transfer and given his full approval. Unlucky for some.

And we know this how exactly? Just like conte approved the michy signing? Give it a rest mate.

Even if SFL did give this signing his backing, it was a bad decision. We have seen first hand what kovacic can do, and the list really is not that big. A 50mil signing should be helping the team become better almost instantly not be regarded as "he CAN be a good back up", "IF lamps can make him a goal scorer" etc etc. Its not like he is a 20 year old. He is 25 and has probbably reached his ceiling, which really is not that high.

Sorry if i am not going all giddy over this transfer. I have seen plenty of this player in the last 4 seasons to know how he is going to perform this season. 

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

17 of your last 25 posts are taking swipes at Kovacic to one degree or another. We get it, you don't like him.

Given the fact that we have a transfer ban, and there really is not much going on at the club, its hard not to talk about the 1 transfer that did happen. Or should I be discussing kalas and da silva?

13 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

And we know this how exactly? Just like conte approved the michy signing? Give it a rest mate.

Even if SFL did give this signing his backing, it was a bad decision. We have seen first hand what kovacic can do, and the list really is not that big. A 50mil signing should be helping the team become better almost instantly not be regarded as "he CAN be a good back up", "IF lamps can make him a goal scorer" etc etc. Its not like he is a 20 year old. He is 25 and has probbably reached his ceiling, which really is not that high.

Sorry if i am not going all giddy over this transfer. I have seen plenty of this player in the last 4 seasons to know how he is going to perform this season. 

Well, we left it very recent, which happens to be same time Lampard was about to being appointed manager and that would line up with reports that Lampard approved the move. We didn't resign Higuaín yet signed Kovacic. Fairly obvious. I still think he can add goals to his game. I don't think he will be a world class player, but unlike you I have seen enough to see why we have bought him permanently and think he is a good player. We are on a ban and right now, should not even be looking at the fee. All things considered, we bought him and judging by this being the only transfer, I don't care about the fee. 

But either way you keep on bringing the same points over and over again. What are you adding new? We get it. You don't like him. Hopefully he proves you wrong.

6 hours ago, Stats said:

Well, we left it very recent, which happens to be same time Lampard was about to being appointed manager and that would line up with reports that Lampard approved the move. We didn't resign Higuaín yet signed Kovacic. Fairly obvious. I still think he can add goals to his game. I don't think he will be a world class player, but unlike you I have seen enough to see why we have bought him permanently and think he is a good player. We are on a ban and right now, should not even be looking at the fee. All things considered, we bought him and judging by this being the only transfer, I don't care about the fee. 

But either way you keep on bringing the same points over and over again. What are you adding new? We get it. You don't like him. Hopefully he proves you wrong.

Most of our transfers happen at deadline day or close to deadline day. Look at our very recent past. It gives absolutely no proof that lamps actually has a say in it. 

Even a 5 year old following the club would have decided on the same for higuain. Again, how that proofs that lamps was actually involved in beyond me.

We are trying to rebuild here. Trying to change the way the club works. And yet, the first signing of the new era smacks about the same shit we have been doing for the past 5-6 years. And of course transfer fee matters, no matter if we are banned or not. I thought the whole point about this new Chelsea was that the likes of mounts/ampadus get their shot. Hard to see it happening when we have a 50mil kovacic blocking their path and providing us shit.

Like I said, sorry if I can not be giddy regarding this bang average player. I "HOPE" he proves me wrong too, but I too have seen enough of this boy to know he does not have the talent or literally anything in his skill kit to do that. So I won't be holding my breath over it.

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

Most of our transfers happen at deadline day or close to deadline day. Look at our very recent past. It gives absolutely no proof that lamps actually has a say in it. 

Even a 5 year old following the club would have decided on the same for higuain. Again, how that proofs that lamps was actually involved in beyond me.

We are trying to rebuild here. Trying to change the way the club works. And yet, the first signing of the new era smacks about the same shit we have been doing for the past 5-6 years. And of course transfer fee matters, no matter if we are banned or not. I thought the whole point about this new Chelsea was that the likes of mounts/ampadus get their shot. Hard to see it happening when we have a 50mil kovacic blocking their path and providing us shit.

Like I said, sorry if I can not be giddy regarding this bang average player. I "HOPE" he proves me wrong too, but I too have seen enough of this boy to know he does not have the talent or literally anything in his skill kit to do that. So I won't be holding my breath over it.

Kovacic also had to agree to the move. He obviously had reassurances from Lamprs about his role in the team. Yes, you can say most of our transfers happen close to deadline day, albeit this time round the club are on a transfer ban so you would think if it was 100% a club decision, we would have snapped him up from weeks ago, however we did not. Like I say, had Lamps not wanted Kovacic, he would not be here.

And once again, thanks for making the same point over and over again. Let's see how the season plans out. If Mount and co prove themselves and impress enough, I am sure they will get chances, especially under Lamps.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Kovacic also had to agree to the move. He obviously had reassurances from Lamprs about his role in the team. Yes, you can say most of our transfers happen close to deadline day, albeit this time round the club are on a transfer ban so you would think if it was 100% a club decision, we would have snapped him up from weeks ago, however we did not. Like I say, had Lamps not wanted Kovacic, he would not be here.

And once again, thanks for making the same point over and over again. Let's see how the season plans out. If Mount and co prove themselves and impress enough, I am sure they will get chances, especially under Lamps.

I can say the same thing mate. You can keep saying lamps wanted him, does not make it right. Atleast I am not about something with proof which is the last season and infact last 4 seasons of kovacic's rather short career (at the age of 25). You are deriving correlations. "Since this has happened, that must have happened". But we do know that's not how this board works. This is the same board that had us playing a mid season friendly that would have been 4 days before the fa cup final had we been in it. That's the level of this board. Also the delay could have been regarding the fee itself? Was not he touted to be a 30mil buy just before the El final? Maybe we wanted to play the waiting game, and then finally pressed the panic button. 

As for the latter part of the post, how is mount supposed to get those "chances" to impress when we have players like drinkwater, bakayoko, kovacic blocking his path. Is not that my point anyways? 😂

3 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

I can say the same thing mate. You can keep saying lamps wanted him, does not make it right. Atleast I am not about something with proof which is the last season and infact last 4 seasons of kovacic's rather short career (at the age of 25). You are deriving correlations. "Since this has happened, that must have happened". But we do know that's not how this board works. This is the same board that had us playing a mid season friendly that would have been 4 days before the fa cup final had we been in it. That's the level of this board. Also the delay could have been regarding the fee itself? Was not he touted to be a 30mil buy just before the El final? Maybe we wanted to play the waiting game, and then finally pressed the panic button. 

As for the latter part of the post, how is mount supposed to get those "chances" to impress when we have players like drinkwater, bakayoko, kovacic blocking his path. Is not that my point anyways? 😂

The moment you talk about baka, Drinkwater as potential blocker for mount chance you lost me. They don't play the same role. 

I don't get it. If you think that mason mount is really good, he will have no problem disposing Kovacic n Barkley. 

14 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Mount plays a different role to all of them, you may aswell add Caballero and Giroud to the list.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Mount plays a different role to all of them, you may aswell add Caballero and Giroud to the list.

Mount plays the same position that kovacic did for the majority of the last season season - amf. And I can bet good money that he will atleast start this season in the same position. 

6 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Mount plays the same position that kovacic did for the majority of the last season season - amf. And I can bet good money that he will atleast start this season in the same position. 

Drinkwater won't be near the team. I suspect the only reason he is still here is because we will have difficulties, shipping him off. Also think Mount will be ahead of Bakayoko too and if you actually think that Lamps was not behind Kovacic deal at all, then he will not play him, if he considers him to be dross like you do. Also, last season RLC was in the pecking order behind Barkley and Kovacic, then got ahead of them through hard work and impressive performances. If Mount impresses, he will get opportunities. Especially as he has played a full season under Lamps and Lamps will give youngsters opportunities.