Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11736622/chelsea-appeal-fifa-transfer-ban-to-court-of-arbitration-for-sport

As it stands, Chelsea can sign players but are unable to register anyone until June 2020.

I thought that was an interesting statement from skysports. 

To just take it now to "get it over with" is dumb in my eyes because we'd just be giving up on the season. We would be woefully short of the quality needed to even sniff the top 4. Are the club fine with that? Their decision on whether to request the freeze will tell us.

We need to request freeze, load up on quality this summer, and then we'll be ready to serve the ban in my opinion. Sign 4-5 players and use a few who were on loan and we'd then have a squad robust enough to sustain ourselves during the ban.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/CAS_Media_Release_6301.pdf

9a0761995b74d36e71a42360f3b25309.pngf67bfaed963e8e35a68cbae9ad6fda0b.png

Tribunal Arbitral du Sport Court of Arbitration for Sport MEDIA RELEASE

For further information related to the CAS activity and procedures in general, please contact either Matthieu Reeb, CAS Secretary General, or Katy Hogg, Communications Officer. Château de Béthusy, Avenue de Beaumont 2, 1012 Lausanne, Switzerland. [email protected]; Tel: (41 21) 613 50 00; fax: (41 21) 613 50 01, or consult the CAS website: www.tas-cas.org

FOOTBALL THE COURT OF ARBITRATION FOR SPORT (CAS) REGISTERS THE APPEAL FILED BY CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB

Lausanne, 7 June 2019 – The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has registered an appeal filed by Chelsea Football Club Ltd (CFC) against the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). The appeal is directed against the FIFA Appeal Committee decision dated 11 April 2019 in which CFC was declared liable for violations of the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players and banned from registering new players, nationally and internationally, for two entire and consecutive registration periods, fined CHF 600,000, issued with a reprimand and warned on its future conduct. Generally speaking, CAS appeal arbitration procedures involve an exchange of written submissions between the parties while a Panel of CAS arbitrators is being convened to hear the appeal. Once the Panel has been formally constituted it issues procedural directions, including, inter alia, with respect to the holding of a hearing. Following the hearing, if one is held (a CAS Panel may also issue a decision based only on the parties’ written submissions), the Panel deliberates and then issues its decision in the form of an Arbitral Award. It is not possible to say at this time when the Arbitral Award will be issued. CAS will not provide any further information in relation to this procedure, except to issue a Media Release announcing the Panel’s decision.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

To me it looks like we're taking the ban on the chin basically, and the appeal is essentially to save face and a means of avoiding the admitting guilt? WTF?

I have been saying all along that I am sure we are worried about the bans being extended to 3 or even 4 windows. My father's barrister friend (and a massive Blues supporter) told me the this the last time I was back in London, months ago. He always laughs when I go on transfer tirades, but this time said I probably wont have to worry about this summer.:(

5 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

To me it looks like we're taking the ban on the chin basically, and the appeal is essentially to save face and a means of avoiding the admitting guilt? WTF?

Trust me I AM FUCKING PISSED!!!!!!

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

To just take it now to "get it over with" is dumb in my eyes because we'd just be giving up on the season. We would be woefully short of the quality needed to even sniff the top 4. Are the club fine with that? Their decision on whether to request the freeze will tell us.

We need to request freeze, load up on quality this summer, and then we'll be ready to serve the ban in my opinion. Sign 4-5 players and use a few who were on loan and we'd then have a squad robust enough to sustain ourselves during the ban.

That would make sense.. But so would not repeating what mistakes we've been done in the past and been warned for. This is what's pissed me off more. We had a situation with Kakuta? Got warned.. Pos ban.. Escaped and now in another situation! 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I have been saying all along that I am sure we are worried about the bans being extended to 3 or even 4 windows. My father's barrister friend (and a massive Blues supporter) told me the this the last time I was back in London, months ago. He always laughs when I go on transfer tirades, but this time said I probably wont have to worry about this summer.:(

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Trust me I AM FUCKING PISSED!!!!!!

Why all this Bs then, just take the ban already and be done with it. All this CAS etc is just for show then ( if the Club knows its guilty ). You just never know with Chels do you......lets see what happens, I fully get why your pissed, the fuckers behind the scenes should get their P45's for dragging us down with this blunder, now was simply the worst moment to fuck ourselves over.....we are just not very well run, simple.

13 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

They cannot extend the ban if they think we are taking the piss, Matt Law is wrong.  im sure of it.  We are simply appealing a 2 window ban and as yet have not asked for it to be frozen.   Which by the way, we are absolutely entitled to do as is any other club, its part of the procedure.

To say they could turn round and stick another window or 2 on top because we simply wanted it frozen, is absurd IMO

Its like getting arrested and sentenced to 15 yrs in jail, appealing it and the judge deciding "fuck it you can have 25yrs instead"  Its rubbish.  The appeal process is there for a reason

I agree the whole extending the ban smells like BS, it just doesn't follow logical sense at all. 

Anyway. I'm not sure of the point in serving the ban right now, even if there is a risk of it being increased. 

The whole point of getting back into the CL was to attract star players. What's the point in making transfers when you're dumped in the Europa league?