Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Ask for a freeze. Dont wait. Reputation or even a slightly longer ban wont matter if we cant sign anyone worth a damn.

This summer, while we are still in the Champions league, is our best bet to sign any decent players 

Do not risk waiting

Reputation? Our reputation is awful. Everyone hates us. Everyone thinks we are a dirty club. There really is nothing to ruin.

53 minutes ago, Alan Partridge said:

Who was responsible for this and are they being sacked? 

It is a puppet board stacked with SIBNEFT mafia, so the only way to 'sack' the person responsible is to buy it away from Abramovich. He refuses to sell to a Brit (due to the UK government refusing him visa renewal) so Jim Ratcliffe is not an option anymore. My main fear is IF he sells us, it will be to a Saudi head-chopper royal, especially Mr Bone-Saw himself, Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud. MBS and multiple other members of that barbarous, medieval, murderous, radical clan are sniffing around the EPL and other big leagues looking to purchase clubs. I cannot morally countenance such a sale, it will put my life-long allegiance to the club on life support. 

The other nightmarish possibility is that Russia foolishly tries to get involved in the yank's presidential election again (Trump is idiotically once again saying there is nothing wrong with a foreign government (ie. Russia) 'helping' him win). At that point, the level of simmering tensions may very well boil completely over, and a post-Brexit UK, tied even more so to the US (much due to a new trade deal/security linkage), may try and seize us (as a punitive measure against Putin and his oligarchic money men). if the level of sanctions are drastically upped. Abramovich is already under global scrutiny from the American and UK (especially post-Skripal, the main public reason given for his visa renewal being rejected) governments. 

Report: UK to target Russian-Israeli billionaire Abramovich over Kremlin ties

https://www.timesofisrael.com/report-uk-to-target-russian-israeli-billionaire-abramovich-over-kremlin-ties/

Has Anyone Seen Roman Abramovich? The Last Days of Londongrad

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-09-25/has-anyone-seen-roman-abramovich-the-last-days-of-londongrad

Is Abramovich at last paying the price for being too close to Putin?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/21/is-abramovich-paying-price-for-being-too-close-to-putin

Roman Abramovich was deemed potential 'security threat' by Swiss police

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45641867

Roman Abramovich on list of six Russian oligarchs targeted by UK intelligence over links to Putin

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/07/romanabramovich-list-six-russian-oligarchs-targeted-uk-intelligence/

US names Russian oligarchs in 'Putin list' but imposes no new sanctions

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/29/politics/trump-russia-sanctions/index.html

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

We're fucked in other words. 

If RLC, CHO, and Reece James were all 100% fit, Bakayoko, Michy and Zouma came back and rose to new heights, and Mount followed Lamps here to take Kovacic's place I suppose we could be optimistic at least. But with three of those injured long term it's very difficult to summon any optimism heading into the season.

Its going to be absolutely brutal watching all our rivals signing players we would've been after. Seeing the likes of United, Arse, and even Spuds who never spend buy great players is going to suck.

I have accepted this outcome for months. Yes, it will be brutal indeed, but sometimes when you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. The main things that have gutted me are the injuries to CHO, RLC, and Reece James. THOSE were never in my calculations for the last 12 months.

Other than those, the rest  has been pretty much a foregone conclusion when we fucked up last summer's and then January's transfer windows and did NOT liquidate deadwood (and I mean ruthlessly liquidate), did NOT sell Eden for around to £200m (including add-ons, and replace as best we could) and failed at most all other transfers saving for Kepa (that was a given when we fucked up yet gain and did not sell Cuntois in summer 2017, and replace, plus when Oblak and Alisson both turned us down before Kepa was purchased) and  also Jorginho (and Jorginho was purely and only purchases as it was the only way Sarri would come and Napoli did not want him anymore due to style/formational change under Ancelotti)

My myriad number of posts on this overarching subject serve as a historical record of the validity of my future-forward laying out of all this happening (minus those 3 injuries of course). It has been a 2 year in the making slow-motion trainwreck, and the level of powerlessness to do anything to affect the real, temporal world that is Chels FC has been a source of great frustration for me. The only positive is that I have long-since resigned myself that this was indeed the wretched path upon which we would be cumulatively forced to trod upon moving forward, and the 3rd place finish and EL trophy were quite pleasant surprises.

I'd be surprised if we get it frozen. This is so stupid why did no one learn before?! 

I'd rather lose January window then the 2 summer windows.. Then again our board seem to make shit signings anyway so prob wouldn't use what we got wisely. 

13 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

So if we appeal and win just means we get the January window? Which is usually meh anyway. 

Seems pointless appealing if won't change anything 

No, in theory, if we win the appeal, the only window we would end up missing is summer 2019. Summer 2020 (either way, win or lose) is fine UNLESS CAS increases our punishment, which, as I have been warning, is possible (just not likely, unless the new Football Leaks shit is taken into account, BUT I see that having to go through FIFA first).

IF the new shit goes to FIFA, and even more comes out, we maybe looking at a rinse, wash repeat of all this all over again next summer. AND, (I have to say I do NOT see this happening) if that happens, and a myriad number of further serious breaches are found, then we could be looking at what would amount to the destruction of the club for years at a top level. I am talking (again in theory and HIGHLY unlikely) 2 MORE FULL YEARS of bans (as we would be considered a serial offender), so that would wipe out 6 windows en toto: summer 2019, Jan 2020, summer 2020, Jan 2021, summer 2021, and finally January 2022. Summer 2022 would be our next transfer window. That is basically a partial death penalty and I see NOTHING, even the new shit from FB, that rises to warrant THAT level of draconian punishment. Neither FIFA or CAS want to literally destroy a top 10, to 15 footie club, they just want to sanction/punish when clear laws are broken to keep us and other abusers from breaking them.

A transfer ban until summer 2022, combined with a few bad injury breaks and say some refusals to renew of key plays (and obviously the age of many of our already ageing players) would put us into a possible relegation battle for the 2021-22 season. That is a level of club destruction that I cannot see FIFA and CAS and UEFA and the FA allowing to happen.

I think if THAT happened and the FA and UEFA allowed it, that might mean the breakup of the big five leagues (especially if other massive clubs are severely punished during that period too) and a new 20 team (or so) European Super League founded. All the big teams quite possible may tell the EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1,Serie A and the Bundesliga (AND, by proxy the FA, and the German, Italian, Spanish and French football associations, PLUS UEFA itself) to go fuck themselves with a rusty spanner.

18 hours ago, DDA said:

Reputation? Our reputation is awful. Everyone hates us. Everyone thinks we are a dirty club. There really is nothing to ruin.

I’ve never thought people just hates us, lot was jealous yes but our reputation was on high level as it should be.

Now we’re like a money laundering club with an owner kicked out of 🇬🇧 Sports industry doesn’t respect anymore. He’s way of doing business directly involved non football people around the club what leads us to breaking the rules and this transfer ban, the coaches out of our club every year, our best player by miles too and who knows how many players not even consider(ed) Chelsea as potentially new destination (anymore).

“When a club loses its grip on the transfer market. When you can’t attract the best players/talents anymore. When you lost a lot of football advisors over the ride...” Kristof Terreur one of the most respected sports/football/roumors journalists in the world on Chelsea FC back then...

11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Ban remains, Hazard and Sarri bail out because they know the mess the club is in and we have two of our future starts fucked and on crutches.

What a fucking mess this all is.

And not one person from the board will be punished for this. 

Punishment solely on the fans and season ticket holders who get to watch first hand this disastrous season, week in week out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I see City have managed to get away with just a small fine. FIFA are the most corrupt organisation going.

I suppose pleading guilty immediately works in your favour.

Someone should have given the memo to our board.

Manchester City avoid Fifa transfer ban despite breaking rules on signing young players

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/man-city-transfer-ban-fifa-latest-news-young-players-a9056256.html

Manchester City have avoided a Fifa transfer ban despite being found to have broken rules regarding the signing of young players.

City have been fined 370,000 Swiss francs (£314,725) by world football’s governing body after admitting to breaching regulations on the international transfer of under-18s.

The Premier League champions faced being hit with a year-long ban on signings, similar to the punishment Chelsea received from Fifa for the same offence earlier this year.

But in a statement released on Tuesday afternoon, Fifa announced City would only receive a financial sanction having “accepted its responsibility” in the case.

City remain under investigation by Uefa, who are looking into their compliance with their Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules. A ban from next season’s Champions League is a possible punishment.

The Premier League are also investigating City’s recruitment of academy players and FFP compliance, while the Football Association is looking into the signing of Jadon Sancho as a 14-year-old from Watford.

But City have now escaped the prospect of a blanket ban on signing players, in what will come as a great relief to manager Pep Guardiola.

In a statement, City said: “The club accepts responsibility for the breaches which arose as a result of misinterpretation of the regulations in question.

“All of the breaches occurred before December 2016 when guidance on the interpretation of the provisions was issued, since which date Manchester City has been fully compliant.

“The club regards highly and shares Fifa’s determination to ensure the protection of minors in football and has cooperated fully with the investigation which has been transparent and evidenced based at all times.”

snip

:rant::rant::rant: