Ross Barkley

milllz

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The second Gallagher has a lean spell he'll be thrown under the bus by a significant number aswell. Just like Mount, CHO, Tammy, heck some even went after James when he had that dodgy spell just after lockdown so not even our generational talent is safe. No doubt Gilmour will be next when he can't live up to his Liverpool/Everton displays on a weekly basis.

I'm almost glad Tomori has been frozen out so atleast he's spared the same.

I think you are being too harsh on the board (TC) other than a group of Mount haters

only thing I was worried about was CHO's achillies, and it seems to be 95% back to normal

all the other you listed I personally have not banged on about

I have issues with

Kepa

Zouma << he HAS to go, and he is the one I can see getting in the most fights with over on here. I have always said he is not good enough, and I am NOT changing my mind, he is horrific on the ball, all the people backing him, well every game coughed up like yesterday, thats on them

AC

Rudiger (I finally am almost convinced he needs to go)

Alonso

Emerson 

Kante (square  peg , round hole, rapidly ageing, doesnt play well i our system, soon 30, and we are going to get shit for him when/if we sell him now, compared to if we had been smart)

Jorgiho (if we renew him,, and thus are stuck with him for 5 or 6 years total more on the books, I am going to give up all hope that we will ever make smart contract moves again)

RLC (ONLY due to his Achillies looking like a career ender, or at least in terms of him being a star, I always rated him before that)

I am not going to change my mind on any of those other than a iracle turn-around by Rudiger (which looks so unlikely)

the rest HAVE to go

they are not good enough, and yes, that now includes Kante, it just is shit as we likely will get £70-80m or so less than if we had sold him at peak value (yet a given that he would not work out as we made the turn away from counter-attacking)

this is Azpi's last year as a decent player, his legs are already almost gone, he will be kept just for leadership I am sure, but to count on him, say spring 2022, well if we are, we are well fucked

Willy will retire surely after this year, unless he goes cashes in in MLS or KSA or China

the rest are fine (other than the 25 or so dregs we have to liquidate)

and I have been more than fair with Mount and the rest you listed, I do not want any them to leave

Barkley is a horrible player and has zero football IQ. His only good attributes are that he is physically strong and has good shooting skills. He is like a bodybuilder version of Mason Mount

Hope Barkley scores 20 goals and we make 60 million though lol.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Barkley is a horrible player and has zero football IQ. His only good attributes are that he is physically strong and has good shooting skills. He is like a bodybuilder version of Mason Mount

Hope Barkley scores 20 goals and we make 60 million though lol.

so harsh!

I like Barkley and Mount, lolol.

but yes, 20 goals and £60m sounds good (as long as Villa doesn't top us in the standings!, lololol)

1 hour ago, DANILA said:

He'll have plenty of time to show how bad he is and how weak his football IQ his this season; but yeah, hopefully someone will offer decent money for him!

Barkley in Lamps era played just once back to back 90mins games. Liverpool 2:0 and Everton 4:0. Probably our best games last season. We Chelsea fans dont know what would happened if he played regularly.

We will see this season and it may look bad on Lamps.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Barkley in Lamps era played just once back to back 90mins games. Liverpool 2:0 and Everton 4:0. Probably our best games last season. We Chelsea fans dont know what would happened if he played regularly.

We will see this season and it may look bad on Lamps.

That is selective af. He looked by far the least comfortable in that midfield. Even the commentators pointed out how he would fuck up most attacks by staying too long on the ball. Ross is dross and was completely out of his depth at CFC

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, We Hate Scouse said:

This thread has gone very quiet after his last 2 outings for Villa...

That was the biggest issue with Ross at both Chelsea and Everton, he was consistently inconsistent. 

He was always inconsistent and should not have been a part of the squad this season imo. 

Let's hope he stays true to his nature and gives those 5-10 games of 8/10 performance because knowing English clubs, even that would be hyped up and increase his market value

On 11/1/2020 at 2:48 PM, We Hate Scouse said:

That was the biggest issue with Ross at both Chelsea and Everton, he was consistently inconsistent. 

I stand by what I said. I am not expecting him to perform miracles for Villa every game, however it feels right now that the same midfield options are being played every game and there is games, week in week out. Would I have liked Barkley to be used as rotation option from time to time? Yes. The fixture schedule is completely cramped together. Kante fortunately has not struggled with injuries so far but last 2 seasons he has. Gilmour is recovering from an injury and needs time to fully settle in. Jorginho is regularly battered from fans here. So do I think we should have kept him on? Yes I do.

On 11/1/2020 at 2:48 PM, We Hate Scouse said:

Been brilliant today and couldnt of come against a more convenient team :D

12 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

It is funny that he never showed any sign of football IQ at Chelsea and yesterday he seemed like a mastermind emoji23.png. Maybe Grealish taught him some new things

He has shown form like this for us though, his problem has always been he's ridiculously streaky. That said i do wish we had him as a back up to Mount and Kai.

That was prime Zidane performance. He played number 10. Never did that here? Everytime he has the ball in the final 3rd it is a danger for opponent. 

He set up probably at least 4 goals against Liverpool and Arsenal without getting official assist, this is why stats can be misleading.

On 11/9/2020 at 4:46 AM, Tomo said:

He has shown form like this for us though, his problem has always been he's ridiculously streaky. That said i do wish we had him as a back up to Mount and Kai.

Not to the extent of performances of Liverpool and Arsenal recently. 

Big fish small pond player for me. Same with Grealish and it will only be a matter of time until that is proven to be true also. 

Chelsea could end up making big profit on £15m star Ross Barkley

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/news/our-view-chelsea-could-end-up-making-big-profit-on-15m-star-ross-barkley/

Chelsea have plenty of players out on loan this season away from Stamford Bridge, but Ross Barkley is arguably the one above any catching the eye. 

On-loan Blues star Barkley joined Premier League club Aston Villa for the season in search of regular minutes and he’s quickly become an important player for them. 

The attacking midfielder has already scored two goals in five appearances for the Midlands giants, which included a winner in a Premier League victory against Leicester City in October. 

He’s instantly become a nailed-on starter for Dean Smith’s XI, establishing a great partnership alongside Villa teammates such as Jack Grealish, John McGinn and Ollie Watkins. 

snip