Ross Barkley

milllz

3 minutes ago, Stats said:

Come up with a last minute winner. Top goal. What a loan he is going to be for Villa. That ability to drive and shoot is something that could have been really useful for us... oh well.

RLC out the door? all the way, 100% agree

Barkley, I was pissed

7 hours ago, Stats said:

Yep but Lamps should have said I will rely on you throughout the season. Kante is likely to get his injuries this season. Gilmour is currently injured and still a rookie. Then you can never rule out the players being ruled out with covid also. There is so many games to play. Really baffled and we could of done with him and he proved last season he is a useful asset. I am  sure last season there was a point where Kovacic, Jorginho and Kovacic were all out. Barkley luckily came in and did well. This season we don't have that option, or till January at least anyway...

But if Barkley wants to play every game? We're never going to guarantee that, aren't we?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

But if Barkley wants to play every game? We're never going to guarantee that, aren't we?

We wouldn't but would Lamps use him this season? I am sure he would have He rejected CHO move because he counts on him. Barkley may have pushed for it but considering we did not buy any other CM, I think we should have kept him.

Just now, Stats said:

We wouldn't but would Lamps use him this season? I am sure he would have He rejected CHO move because he counts on him. Barkley may have pushed for it but considering we did not buy any other CM, I think we should have kept him.

Am sure he would but again, if Barkley wants to play every game and can't get it here, then can you really blame him for wanting to go elsewhere?

As for CHO, did he actually push for a move? And Lampard said he will rely on CHO but his actions seem to be suggesting the opposite. But that's another debate altogether.

Ross will have double figures this season no doubt. 2 goals in 2 games, could have easily scored 2 or 3 more. Had contribution for other goals as well against Liverpool.

Here Frank never gave him two 90 minutes games in a row. This is just sad considering we did not have Kai and RLC was injured all year.

He was a victim of we know who, just like CHO is this year and even Pulisic yesterday because he had to play on the wrong side.

I am afraid for Gallagher also because of this.

Frank will not be here most likely but I am just curious if Barkley has amazing season just like Gallagher in WBA and maybe even RLC in Fulham and Mount continues like last two games does he go on loan next year and we bring back superior players or it is the same?

I am sure at least 2 of Ross, Conor and Ruben will have better season than Mason in terms of goal contribution and everything else.

16 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ross will have double figures this season no doubt. 2 goals in 2 games, could have easily scored 2 or 3 more. Had contribution for other goals as well against Liverpool.

Here Frank never gave him two 90 minutes games in a row. This is just sad considering we did not have Kai and RLC was injured all year.

He was a victim of we know who, just like CHO is this year and even Pulisic yesterday because he had to play on the wrong side.

I am afraid for Gallagher also because of this.

Frank will not be here most likely but I am just curious if Barkley has amazing season just like Gallagher in WBA and maybe even RLC in Fulham and Mount continues like last two games does he go on loan next year and we bring back superior players or it is the same?

I am sure at least 2 of Ross, Conor and Ruben will have better season than Mason in terms of goal contribution and everything else.

The second Gallagher has a lean spell he'll be thrown under the bus by a significant number aswell. Just like Mount, CHO, Tammy, heck some even went after James when he had that dodgy spell just after lockdown so not even our generational talent is safe. No doubt Gilmour will be next when he can't live up to his Liverpool/Everton displays on a weekly basis.

I'm almost glad Tomori has been frozen out and Lamptey did one so atleast they're spared the same.

26 minutes ago, Stats said:

Come up with a last minute winner. Top goal. What a loan he is going to be for Villa. That ability to drive and shoot is something that could have been really useful for us... oh well.

Tbf how many times have we seen him shoot like that and balloon it 10m over the bar? Villa is his level. Or playing as a rotation player here yes. Starting material, no.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf how many times have we seen him shoot like that and balloon it 10m over the bar? Villa is his level. Or playing as a rotation player here yes. Starting material, no.

I think he is a good squad player for a team like us. Like I say, I think he showed enough last season when others were injured, that he is a good option to have. And while he does not score loads of goals from distance or at all, he has proven at Everton and us with goals against Liverpool, Norwich and today for instance that he is capable of providing a threat from distance.

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Last season when Barkley played 90 mins we had 8 games and 8 wins. He had 4 goals and 4 assists in these games. Edit: played in Munich also 90mins.

Also he had good game against Spurs in home win and remember Fa cup in Leicester when we won 0:1. He scored winner after coming at HT for Mount.

Liverpool 2:0, Everton 4:0, Spurs 2:1 one of our best games last season he played big part in these games.  Ofc he would not start over Kai this season. But overall last season he played just 1700 minutes.

17 minutes ago, Stats said:

I think he is a good squad player for a team like us. Like I say, I think he showed enough last season when others were injured, that he is a good option to have. And while he does not score loads of goals from distance or at all, he has proven at Everton and us with goals against Liverpool, Norwich and today for instance that he is capable of providing a threat from distance.

True but my issue with him still is in the decisive moments his decision making is usually wrong and sometimes in these massive games you get one or two big chances. Just things like shooting instead of passing. Passing instead of shooting. Playing the ball a touch too soon or a touch too late. Taking far too many touches. Not passing it quick enough.... He would be a good squad player here yes, better than RLC for me as he is capable of scoring the odd goal out of nothing as we've seen at times but if he wanted to play every week you can't blame Frank for letting him go out on loan because if he were to play here every week this decision making would affect our game and people would be crying out for us to replace him in the starting 11. Plus the guys we have now, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic they will be (should be anyway) the main starters behind the striker. So Mason will be the guy who plays in those minutes where others cannot.