Ross Barkley

milllz

21 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Weirdly, still, I hope not. RLC has given me, probably, false hope. Oodles of talent.

Tbh, I just think he is one of those players that will be a go to man for a average to poor team but cannot translate it to the big teams due to his lack of footballing intelligence. For me, Newcastle is a good option for him as for the next two to three years as he would play, continue to get paid well and play a part in making them a good team (Newcastle unlike City and us are going to take longer to get to the top, even with their finances owing to their lower ability and PL FFP hurdles that are now in place unlike before.) 

Edited by King Kante

58 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We'll see in two/three months then.

Indeed, let's say Newcastle call Granny in January and say £20-£25m for Barkley. No way do the club turn that down as the other option is most likely no fee and having to pay him up for the remaining amount of his contract. 

As Newcastle are so poor at the moment there are a number of players that they could pick up for slightly over the odds who aren't playing for their clubs currently that would still improve them. Additionally, clubs from Europe will also take their cash so that can just go to them instead. 

Edited by King Kante

16 hours ago, Hermione said:

This isn't smart business and somewhat childish, if Barkley is wanted and is decent money, you'd be mad to turn it down.

True. It is not as if Barkley would keep them up single handedly. They basically have the same player in Jonjo shelvey. Formerly hyped up English ex international with half decent technique but sketchy discipline record and 0 consistency all career. 

On 11/11/2021 at 02:13, King Kante said:

Indeed, let's say Newcastle call Granny in January and say £20-£25m for Barkley. No way do the club turn that down as the other option is most likely no fee and having to pay him up for the remaining amount of his contract. 

As Newcastle are so poor at the moment there are a number of players that they could pick up for slightly over the odds who aren't playing for their clubs currently that would still improve them. Additionally, clubs from Europe will also take their cash so that can just go to them instead. 

I would bite the head-choppers hands off if they offered £25-30m for a 28yo (in 3 weeks) alcoholic, inconsistent as fuck MF

Barkley has played fairly well this season (but fuck he should have scored against those Burnley thug cunts) but we all know he is not going to keep doing it all year

• 9 months later...
59 minutes ago, King Kante said:

On his wages? No, I don't think so. 

But then sell him for free. 

Surely when cancelling his contract, we would have had to pay him some severence. Why not just let him go for free. 

I mean, don't mind him leaving one bit, just don't understand the whole business side of this 

7 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

But then sell him for free. 

Surely when cancelling his contract, we would have had to pay him some severence. Why not just let him go for free. 

I mean, don't mind him leaving one bit, just don't understand the whole business side of this 

Why would he go somewhere else and agree to earn £100k PW less than he is here? No club his level could afford his wages, it was either give him away on a free and pay him off, or release him and pay him off. Either way he was going to get his astronomical wages that he signed up for. 

6 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Why would he go somewhere else and agree to earn £100k PW less than he is here? No club his level could afford his wages, it was either give him away on a free and pay him off, or release him and pay him off. Either way he was going to get his astronomical wages that he signed up for. 

But he is going to get a similar contract irrespective of his status of being a Chelsea player or not, right?

I mean it's a moot point for Celtic what contract they offer Barkley irrespective of him being a Chelsea player or a free agent. Hence i don't understand the move. 

Our options were to buy off his contract or pay part of his wages while Celtic pays the rest. I guess it might have been a better position financially  for the club to buy his contract our rather than pay part of his wages. Don't know, just feels unintuitive.