Ross Barkley

milllz

Wouldn't actually mind him returning if he happily knows his place regarding minutes.

He is a decent enough impact sub and always has that month one a season where he performs to the idea of him.

hace 10 horas, Tomo dijo:

Wouldn't actually mind him returning if he happily knows his place regarding minutes.

He is a decent enough impact sub and always has that month one a season where he performs to the idea of him.

We will be trying to close the gap on City next season hopefully with Tuchel so I don’t know re Barkley, you would hope that he has no intentions on keeping a player who does something for maybe 5 or 6 games a season and nothing else when we have a wealth of attacking midfielders at a really good level such as Havertz, Mason, Ziyech. 

For me I think he and the club has to be ruthless in the summer, that means the likes of Ross, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Charly Musounda, Baba Rahman, Zappacosta, Batshuayi, Kenedy, Baker etc have to be moved on. I mean how many chances do we have to give Ross and Michy in particular? Also Ruben could fall in that category as he has hardly put up anything worth of note at Fulham and Abraham is also looking likely to be let go.

We have a good nucleus now, with two or three really good additions and a full pre season with TT I think we will be a much different animal next season. Letting Ross, Ruben or any of the others named above back into the squad would be going backwards. We already have one of the strongest squads and thats without a top CF, I don’t see them improving it. 

I read that he played very good last night, hope he ends the season good at least fetch us some potential suitors.

Edited by R2D2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest, had such high hopes for him when he decided to take himself away from that life up North and make a go of it at a big team. What a waste of clear talent. Typical English hyped up player with bundles of talent who pisses it away thinking he’s made it. 

Offload. Bought for 15m, will easily get 20-25m for him. Don’t bring him back, another one who like Ruben has done nothing bar a handful of games with Maurizio Sarri. Would be a step backwards. 

I think it’s achievable to get 25m for him in current market from a Villa or Newcastle.

Real shame, bored of seeing him tarnish the club with his antics after two malibus.

5 minutes ago DH1988 said:

I think it's achievable to get 25m for him in current market from a Villa or Newcastle.

Real shame, bored of seeing him tarnish the club with his antics after two malibus.

Its not the “tarnishing” etc I am worried about. Being drunk a few times is hardly tarnishing a club, some people forget these guys are just humans and we all have flaws particularly when drinking is involved, particularly folk who probably get the opportunity to drink 3/4 times over the course of a season due to their professions. I mean end of the day if he wasn't a footballer and he worked at Asda for instance, not as if Asda's shareholders would be concerned that an employee was drunk and removed from a bar. 

My real fear is us trying to get 35m for him and pricing clubs out, which is why Villa aren't interested in buying him permanently which surprise surprise why would anyone pay 35m for him? I mean its almost as if we never learn. We should stop loaning these guys out and just sell them, clubs just loan them in show a bit of interest and then pull the plug every time, it does make us money but when we are probably paying a percentage of his wages we may as well just sell him no?

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its not the “tarnishing” etc I am worried about. Being drunk a few times is hardly tarnishing a club, some people forget these guys are just humans and we all have flaws particularly when drinking is involved, particularly folk who probably get the opportunity to drink 3/4 times over the course of a season due to their professions. I mean end of the day if he wasn't a footballer and he worked at Asda for instance, not as if Asda's shareholders would be concerned that an employee was drunk and removed from a bar. 

My real fear is us trying to get 35m for him and pricing clubs out, which is why Villa aren't interested in buying him permanently which surprise surprise why would anyone pay 35m for him? I mean its almost as if we never learn. We should stop loaning these guys out and just sell them, clubs just loan them in show a bit of interest and then pull the plug every time, it does make us money but when we are probably paying a percentage of his wages we may as well just sell him no?

Each their own opinion, I hate seeing that in the papers from any player, irresponsible and happens far too often for someone who is playing for a top club, it’s one thing seeing a player out having a good time, it’s another seeing someone arguing with staff, can’t stand up without help and is falling over. I wouldn’t be so disappointed if he is doing it on the pitch and performing, like Grealish, but he doesn’t, he simply wastes away and collects his money and I cannot wait to get rid. As I said though, it’s a real shame because he has bundles of talent and it’s a typical English footballer of that type ie. hyped up and comes crashing down. I was excited when we signed him, we were due to get him previously for 30m I think and even then I thought that was a steal.

I think the club realistically would do well to get 25m, possibly even to West Ham actually, Moyes etc. Perhaps use in a Rice deal with Tammy too.

hace 56 minutos, DH1988 dijo:

Each their own opinion, I hate seeing that in the papers from any player, irresponsible and happens far too often for someone who is playing for a top club, it’s one thing seeing a player out having a good time, it’s another seeing someone arguing with staff, can’t stand up without help and is falling over. I wouldn’t be so disappointed if he is doing it on the pitch and performing, like Grealish, but he doesn’t, he simply wastes away and collects his money and I cannot wait to get rid. As I said though, it’s a real shame because he has bundles of talent and it’s a typical English footballer of that type ie. hyped up and comes crashing down. I was excited when we signed him, we were due to get him previously for 30m I think and even then I thought that was a steal.

I think the club realistically would do well to get 25m, possibly even to West Ham actually, Moyes etc. Perhaps use in a Rice deal with Tammy too.

Maybe but I think WHU maybe be more interested in Lingard. Always been wee links for Ross to go to WHU with Moyes there but never materialised, this summer though who knows? Maybe Frank might take him off our hands if he gets a job somewhere 😂

Newcastle and West Ham want Barkley

Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley has caught the eye of both Newcastle and West Ham ahead of this summer's transfer window.

Barkley, currently on loan with Aston Villa, is admired by both the Magpies and Hammers, according to a report from The Express and Star.

West Ham manager David Moyes has worked with the 27-year-old at Everton and may be interested in a reunion with the English playmaker.

Meanwhile, Newcastle could turn their attention to Barkley if they miss out on Arsenal's Joe Willock, who spent the second half of the season in the north east, scoring seven times in his last seven games at St James' Park.

The report claims that Chelsea will demand £30million from any potential suitor this summer.

• 1 month later...

Watch him tear it up in pre season starting another false dawn and with talks how he finally finds his role under TT and having recovered in great shape just to be picked up by the police at 3pm drunk, shirtless with a bag of crisps. Then immediately loaned out to   Midtable FC. Rinse and repeat. 

On 16/07/2021 at 16:15, Magic Lamps said:

Watch him tear it up in pre season starting another false dawn and with talks how he finally finds his role under TT and having recovered in great shape just to be picked up by the police at 3pm drunk, shirtless with a bag of crisps. Then immediately loaned out to   Midtable FC. Rinse and repeat. 

So many false starts and such a talent wasted.