Ross Barkley

milllz

59 minutes ago, the wes said:

DSzJ3lFWsAopj9j.jpeg

He was actually equal 4th on the Most Created Chancs list for last season so I suppose its the guys on the end of those assists that didn't make the most of them.

Premier League stats: Most chances created by a player in the 2016/17 season including De Bruyne, Payet and Sanchez

https://talksport.com/football/premier-league-stats-most-chances-created-player-201617-season-including-de-bruyne-payet#6koADTTojYkPTPQq.99

Good signing given that:

1. He's an English player 

2. He's experienced with PL

3. He's relatively young with potentially large rooms for improvement

4. We desperately need competition and alternative in the midfield, especially given the failure of Bakayoko

5. We got him for a fair price: minimum risk taken on our side; if he fails, we won't take a massive loss; we could even make a profit out of him

The more I've read about him and vids etc the more I like this signong.

What HE needs is for a manager to take him under his wing, show him faith and trust and he will shine.

Speaking of shining hes come along carrying his own song too so another thing we can nick from them lol Gotta change the wording a tad of course lol See if anyones got any ideas and we will give it a shot

We've got a diamond called Ross Barkley

A toffee that comes from Wavertree

He plays along side James McCarthy

Together at Everton fc.....

And when you're in the blue We'll sing this song for you Because Barkley is a toffee through and through

And when you're feeling blue We'll sing this song for you Because Barkley is a toffee through and through

REPEAT ..................

1 hour ago, manpe said:

^ For a player who is credited for being a good goalscorer from midfield, he sure has few goals and assists. Or maybe I'm just spoilt having seen our greatest ever player, Lampard, smash such numbers per season.

Lampard had 0.16 goals per game ratio at West Ham, moved to Chelsea as 23-yo (Barkley is 24). Don't know if Ross will be good for us, but that statistic doesn't mean much to me.

In his best season Barkley scored 12 goals in 48 games, hope he can replicate something like that.

Barcelona frustrated at Chelsea over signing of Everton midfielder Ross Barkley

BARCELONA are reportedly frustrated at Chelsea for the capture of Everton midfielder Ross Barkley.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/901013/Barcelona-fume-Chelsea-Everton-Ross-Barkley-La-Liga-transfer-news-gossip-rumours

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Barcelona frustrated at Chelsea over signing of Everton midfielder Ross Barkley

BARCELONA are reportedly frustrated at Chelsea for the capture of Everton midfielder Ross Barkley.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/901013/Barcelona-fume-Chelsea-Everton-Ross-Barkley-La-Liga-transfer-news-gossip-rumours

Didn’t seen Barcelona try to sign him in the summer? What a load of shite. They fume yet go and spunk 142m on Coutinho!!! After spending what 135m on Dembele in the summer...

also

Ross Barkley slammed by Guillem Balague for moving to Chelsea for one controversial reason

Guillem Ballbag has to be the most irritating journalist out there.

“Why not move to Spurs”, look we all know you wrote a book about Pochettino Guillem but take your head out of your arse. How many ties did Barkley mention winning trophies in his interviews? Is that more likely to happen at Spurs that here? Not a chance. 

I was conpletely blindsided by us signing this guy. Honestly one day i do not check the news and bang we sign someone out of nowhere. But it all makes sense with this theartics in thr summer. He rejected us my ass. We told him tonblownoff the move to save us 20m shrewd business. Especially if Bakayoko had to turned out better or Drinkwater had not been injured we would not have needer Barkley n the first place. Now we know we do and he would have been injured anyway.

the more i think about this the more intelligent thos siging becomes. He has great offensive qualities pairee with the size and speed of Bakayoko while bot being a conplete tool at the ball. I do not know how good Ross is defensively but he can barrly have less positional awareness and discipline as Bakayoko so it might be wortg a try to stick him right next to kante in a 343

Must read imo. Gives great insight into his personality, which could be a reason as to why he's still not quite there yet. Seems like a guy who needs a good man manager, which Conte is. (Would be absolutely destroyed by a Mourinho tho). But i don't like how there is so much fuss over this transfer, it now puts more pressure on him and in the light of that article I'm worried how he'll handle it. Hopefully his first few games won't be disasters so he can start growing in confidence immediately.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, the wes said:

Theres going to be so much pressure on this lad. Not only from the supporters but every eye in England. Most wanting him to fuck up but hes also got alot of people who really like him and been wanting him to be the great 'English' player they need.

I'm not saying he will be but we have needed a player with his skills since Lamps left. He ledt such a big hole in our team and we never got close to filling it.

I was really in 2 minds when it looked like we got him last season even tho we have linked to him awhile but the more Ive looked at him the more sense it makes. The big 'IFs' is if Conte can get into his head and vice versa and he can get gelled up with the rest of the lads then as long as his injury is sorted I reckon Rossy will/should work out well.

Was doing nowt but pondering my naval fluff so made hin a wallpaper. Not done any Ps in yonks