Ross Barkley

milllz

17 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Barcelona frustrated at Chelsea over signing of Everton midfielder Ross Barkley

BARCELONA are reportedly frustrated at Chelsea for the capture of Everton midfielder Ross Barkley.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/901013/Barcelona-fume-Chelsea-Everton-Ross-Barkley-La-Liga-transfer-news-gossip-rumours

Lets hope he gets in the groove by the time we play them in the champions league and he has the game of his life lol 

Together at Chelsea fc.....

And when you're in the blue We'll sing this song for you Because Barkley is Chelsea through and through

And when you're feeling blue We'll sing this song for you Because Barkley is Chelsea through and through

REPEAT ..................

2018 Blue Diamond Remix 

5 minutes ago, mccg said:

Together at Chelsea fc.....

And when you're in the blue We'll sing this song for you Because Barkley is Chelsea through and through

And when you're feeling blue We'll sing this song for you Because Barkley is Chelsea through and through

REPEAT ..................

2018 Blue Diamond Remix 

A work in progress ;)

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Must read imo. Gives great insight into his personality, which could be a reason as to why he's still not quite there yet. Seems like a guy who needs a good man manager, which Conte is. (Would be absolutely destroyed by a Mourinho tho). But i don't like how there is so much fuss over this transfer, it now puts more pressure on him and in the light of that article I'm worried how he'll handle it. Hopefully his first few games won't be disasters so he can start growing in confidence immediately.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I didnt know about his leg fracture and it was interesting to read to know who he is but honestly getting another "confidence" player was probably the last thing we needed.

For the fee its smart business obviously, but I always thought Barkley is confident but inconsistent player. Now its clear he gets distracted realy quickly. 

And he now plays for club where players feel the most pressure in whole england. 

I hope it works out, but IMO it doesnt look particulary bright.

Also these comparisons to Lamps are completely wrong too. Lamps had endless levels of energy and giant character. It was that what made him great player. I dont see Barkley having either yet. He has the skills but thats about it.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Theres going to be so much pressure on this lad. Not only from the supporters but every eye in England. Most wanting him to fuck up but hes also got alot of people who really like him and been wanting him to be the great 'English' player they need.

I'm not saying he will be but we have needed a player with his skills since Lamps left. He ledt such a big hole in our team and we never got close to filling it.

I was really in 2 minds when it looked like we got him last season even tho we have linked to him awhile but the more Ive looked at him the more sense it makes. The big 'IFs' is if Conte can get into his head and vice versa and he can get gelled up with the rest of the lads then as long as his injury is sorted I reckon Rossy will/should work out well.

Was doing nowt but pondering my naval fluff so made hin a wallpaper. Not done any Ps in yonks

look at the job pep did with sterling I feel Conte could turn Barkley into better player aswell 

I'm not worried about his ability because we've seen that he's a good player when in form. Also can't really be worse than Bakayoko has been. His hamstring is the worry. If he's fully over that injury then we may as well throw him in with Kante and Cesc in a couple of weeks. Doubt he'll be up to speed quickly enough to play straight away.

Why Chelsea could be the making of Ross Barkley - from the coach who knows him best

Everton’s former technical coordinator Tosh Farrell worked with the likes of Barkley, Wayne Rooney and Jack Rodwell during their formative years

“For clubs outside the top six, more and more, we’re seeing more and more clubs parking the bus and that doesn’t suit the way he plays. They’re crying out for flair and creativity in English players and Ross has both.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/ross-barkley-chelsea-transfer-everton-squad-number-debut-team-news-a8146486.html

If Conte can make midfield Kante - Fabregas - Barkley work, he is genius. Kante - Bakayoko - Barkley isn't that much of an improvement on the Kante - Bakayoko - Fabregas.

Kante - Fabregas - Barkley would be significant improvement. Maybe we would lose some of defensive strength, but we would gain massively going forward.

It's like the entire past 2 years of common sentiment: 'Barkley was so, so overhyped - what a shame, for us and for him. It's incredible that he can't string 2 good performances together' has been erased. 

It's been essentially 1 of the top 5 narratives in the Premier League for these past 1.5-2 years: Barkley (was) a highly-priced player, who was absolutely quarter of the player he was made out to be in highlights. It turned out, like Lukaku, he offered enough for casual fans to go 'He's a gem!!!!', but those who watched week-in-week-out were reporting bad attitudes, inconsistency, low football IQ (both of them). 

Take the consistency of Bakayoko & add the 'work rate' of Loftus-Cheek. Maybe the shooting boots of Meireles too. A dream.:lol:

He's no more consistent or talented than Oscar was in his very worst days with us surely. And if we'd let someone like Oscar go, almost pushing him out, to then invite Barkley in, is lunacy. In the end everyone will want Barkley to play the exact role Oscar was supposed to have: and was more well-equipped to handle. And he won't do it well, because at 23/24, like Bakayoko, you begin to show your upper limitations.
So far, Barkley has shown nothing that suggests he adds anything to any top side. Being a long range shooter (already an overblown 'trait of his'), does not make you good enough for a team like Chelsea just because you do the other basics right. 

I want to convince myself that he's good as a bench option, but then, he's not, compared to other players. You simply don't bring on a Barkley to change a game vs. Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid. You bring on a pass master, a defensive master, a pashunnn master. Not a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. 
If a game needs more pace/strength/clinical finishing/crossing ability/defensive nuance, you should be able to look at your bench and see which players offer what you're looking to inject. What the hell would Barkley inject? He's weaker than Bakayoko, not going to be replacing Kante in games, and has half the lungs of Drinkwater. I want logic.<_<

57 minutes ago, Leif said:

I want logic.<_<

The logic is quite simple actually but people refuse to see it for whatever reason. This has been the club's standard for quite some time now, so deal with it and stop beating yourself up.

And i can't really understand why people are upset specifically about this transfer. Compared to the ridiculous amount of money we spent on mediocre players in the past few years. Barkley's price (and homegrown status) makes him a decent addition to the team, even if he remains a squad player for the rest of his career.