Ross Barkley

milllz

4 hours ago, The Chels said:

Isn't that chant offensive to Barkley, you know, a scouser himself? :lol: 

I mean, "We're racist, we're racist, and that's the way we like it" was sung by fans of ours once. It's hard to expect our supporters being sensible after that anymore :lol:

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

He cost 15m. I dont know what are you still going on about.

He is going to either develop well and we got english player for peanuts or, if he plays so shit as you believe, he will be benched/sold. Either way he would be good choice from bench, we are not Real or Barca, if we have someone like Barkley on bench thats decent. If we sell him, he will go for profit no doubt. 

We cant lose on this deal mate. You see it as lack of ambition, but this one is clear example of smart business where we profit either way. 

I would be fuming if we paid 35 or more for him too, like I have been with Drinkwater. But Barkley for 15m is no brainer. Absolute no brainer.

The problem is not Barkley. The problem is Bakayoko, Drinkwater who cost us 80m and cant outplay Norwich.

Your pissing into the wind mate....Barkley hasn't kicked a ball and already people are saying he's rubbish. I'm all for opinions but dear me.

If he comes in and is as bad as Bakayoko after half a season they have a right to moan, but he won't be.

34 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

I mean, "We're racist, we're racist, and that's the way we like it" was sung by fans of ours once. It's hard to expect our supporters being sensible after that anymore :lol:

A pretty vast chasm between racist fuckwit knuckle draggers and PI gone bonkers

Alot of 'supporters' sing these chants without predjudism..They sing them to either try to put the player off or just get swept up in the moment.

Back when we had 'them lot' at the Bridge I knew some pretty well. There was a day they were giving it the 'salute' to a blach copper and I asked this guy I knew who didn't have a racist bone in his body WTF he was doing. To which he replied that he was telling the cop he was a racist!

So some really dont know whats going on and just sing for banter rightly or wrongly.

13 minutes ago, the wes said:

CONTE WANTS BARKLEY BACK 'VERY QUICKLY' AS HE REVEALS TACTICAL PLANS FOR NEW ATTACKER

http://www.goal.com/en/news/conte-reveals-his-plan-for-ross-barkley-and-wants-him-back/shoi35jyeymx1k56fh6wsc2qb

So looks like hes targeting him for AM then.

9 minutes ago, El P. said:

Yup, he is not replacement for Bakayoko, unfortunately. Our awful midfield stays as it is.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Bakayoko has been the one making all the forward runs in the 3-5-2 though, i do think Barkley could take that role...

13 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Bakayoko has been the one making all the forward runs in the 3-5-2 though, i do think Barkley could take that role...

Conte said  "I think he can play in midfield, if we play with three midfielders, or number 10 if we play 3-4-3.". 

Actually, it's somewhat unspecified, this "he can play in midfield, if we play with three midfielders". Ok, in three man midfield, but where?

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Conte said  "I think he can play in midfield, if we play with three midfielders, or number 10 if we play 3-4-3.". 

Actually, it's somewhat unspecified, this "he can play in midfield, if we play with three midfielders". Ok, in three man midfield, but where?

Probably the 3-5-2 will be more a 3-4-1-2 and Barkley operating behind Morata and Hazard, especially in the big games, at least I see it like that. We tried it with Fabregas but at his current age, he gets completely isolated in that role. If we had a younger Cesc, it would've been great and probably wouldn't need Barkley. At least I see it like this.

44 minutes ago, Pizy said:

While I hope he's competing with Baka for that place, I think by reading into Conte's quotes there he'll be competing with Cesc.

I think he‘ll try out both variations in due time

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Out of all players in the league or club you can compare him to. Who is he like? :wub:

I found the both very similar with their dribbling but Barkley would be better with his long shots and finishing than RLC

26 minutes ago, the wes said:

I found the both very similar with their dribbling but Barkley would be better with his long shots and finishing than RLC

NOO hes a better dribbler than RLC IMHO. But if anyone will know him with us its Gaz. And in that interview he gushes about him eh.

Ive not seen anything of RLC this year so Ive no idea how hes progressed but honestly Ive not rated him too high. Always thought him a clumsy sod who looked like Bambi on ice. So if hes progeessed at all it can only be good.

Seems hes not for sale tho. Is that down to Conte or one of Romans English core he wants us to have?

Yeah, scenarios in which both RLC and Barkley would play in same XI are stories for little kids. How, just how? Only if one of them (RLC) becomes good at playing more wide, but that would need whole formation change (in 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1).

That ain't gonna happen. Hope Barkley will be good, but hope RLC will be even better.

So, ideal scenario - Ross plays for 2 seasons, has 2 good seasons, RLC improves a lot by that time, comes back to CFC after 2 seasons. RLC takes his place, and we sell Barkley for 60 millions.

34 minutes ago, El P. said:

Yeah, scenarios in which both RLC and Barkley would play in same XI are stories for little kids. How, just how? Only if one of them (RLC) becomes good at playing more wide, but that would need whole formation change (in 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1).

That ain't gonna happen. Hope Barkley will be good, but hope RLC will be even better.

So, ideal scenario - Ross plays for 2 seasons, has 2 good seasons, RLC improves a lot by that time, comes back to CFC after 2 seasons. RLC takes his place, and we sell Barkley for 60 millions.

They could play together in a 3. Barkley/RLC/Kanté isn’t too bad (assuming both players have improved significantly of course) for example. But I do agree that that’s too idealistic, especially at Chelsea.