Ross Barkley

milllz

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Doesn't that apply to almost every English youngster?

However, lets give him time before essentially writing him off

A lot of Everton fans don't give a shit which is very telling.

And this guy really isn't a youngster anymore. He's 24 and still being talked about like he's 17 year old. If people are still talking about your 'potential' at the age of 24 then it's clear you've failed to live up to the hype. Good thing for him is we have an absolute fraud in Bakayoko so he can't be much worse than that.

And this guy really isn't a youngster anymore. He's 24 and still being talked about like he's 17 year old. If people are still talking about your 'potential' at the age of 24 then it's clear you've failed to live up to the hype. Good thing for him is we have an absolute fraud in Bakayoko so he can't be much worse than that.

Fans make out they don't care when players leave to try & make themselves think, they are better off. Doesn't say much to me tbh

Got the second coming of Iniesta regaining form at Arsenal, so that says enough about potential in England.

26 minutes ago, Styles said:

To be fair 24's still time, i mean a certain couple of our legends were going nowhere fast at that age. Im not saying Barkley will hit those heights and i still need to be convinced myself but he has the talent to work around.

http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/3336851/antonio-conte-ready-to-fight-critical-premier-league-managers

Barkley is a signing driven primarily by Chelsea rather than Conte, but the Italian still spoke highly of the 24-year-old's ability and potential.

"We are talking about a player with great potential," the Italian said. "He is a complete player but at the same time he is very young and he has just started his career."

Asked what he meant by "complete," Conte added: "Complete because he has it all. He has stamina, he is strong physically, he has good technique. He is fast, and has stamina. He is a modern footballer."

Not a really big fan of this transfer. What I can say is that he will be wearing Chelsea colours only because he is English and because he was available for almost nothing, although even 15m pounds might be too much for him in my eyes. Definitely not a Conte signing, but the Italian is used to not bringing him his targets, at least our clueless board bring some other players.
I hope he will prove me wrong, because I don't really have high expectations from him and also please, stop comparing him to Lampard, he is far behind Frank, doesn't even deserve his number at the club. Hope this tranfer doesn't mean RLC will be gone permanently soon.

2 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

Not a really big fan of this transfer. What I can say is that he will be wearing Chelsea colours only because he is English and because he was available for almost nothing, although even 15m pounds might be too much for him in my eyes. Definitely not a Conte signing, but the Italian is used to not bringing him his targets, at least our clueless board bring some other players.
I hope he will prove me wrong, because I don't really have high expectations from him and also please, stop comparing him to Lampard, he is far behind Frank, doesn't even deserve his number at the club. Hope this tranfer doesn't mean RLC will be gone permanently soon.

You might not rate Ross as a footballer but to say he isn't even worth 15m is nothing short of the ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

You might not rate Ross as a footballer but to say he isn't even worth 15m is nothing short of the ridiculous.

Yeah, 15m for a injured player who hasn't played since last season is definitely not ridiculous. The only way this sum is not ridiculous is only because football market nowadays is utter sh8t. Latest example, Van Dijk for what, 75m?

2 hours ago, King11Didier said:

Yeah, 15m for a injured player who hasn't played since last season is definitely not ridiculous. The only way this sum is not ridiculous is only because football market nowadays is utter sh8t. Latest example, Van Dijk for what, 75m?

When he signed his contract he doubled his value mate. Considering we offered £50mill for him a few nonths bck I'd say thats a bargain. Give the lad a chance. Hes now Chelsea.

My god, I cannot stand Scouse accents. Makes my skin crawl. 😂

He sounds exactly like Wayne Rooney. 

Not as bad as a Brum one!

45 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

When he signed his contract he doubled his value mate. Considering we offered £50mill for him a few nonths bck I'd say thats a bargain. Give the lad a chance. Hes now Chelsea.

Not as bad as a Brum one!

I don't know how they're perceived over there in the UK but as an American, people with Scouse and Geordie accents just sound dumb as rocks. Like literal uneducated planks. Unbearable to listen to for more than a few seconds.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don't know how they're perceived over there in the UK but as an American, people with Scouse and Geordie accents just sound dumb as rocks. Like literal uneducated planks. Unbearable to listen to for more than a few seconds.

That's a bit unfair, but I think the people down south in America also suffer from the same sort of stereotype.

Just now, Pizy said:

oh no bruv youre spot on. Just personally a strong Brum accent grinds on me. I worked up there for 6 months and felt I was in a foreign land for awhile. Till I found this great club full of Rastas and felt right at home! cc5a56b34698ea58af7d48ea63083c70.gif

Wow....cannot even comprehend vitriolic comments some posters here has towards this young player with bags of potentials....back in the summer when the deal couldn't go through....u guys complained and moaning about how ridiculous the club been unable to sign an average player...now the deal goes through yet another moaning....