Ross Barkley

milllz

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

If it doesnt work, we can easily add another midfilder of high quality and ship Barkley on loan and sell him for profit.

Bottom line we can sign another Vidal/Seri/Savic anytime if we want. 

You sure about that?

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Been on another Everton forum, we are now 'Their most hated rival' we are 'scum' and they hate us more than Liverpool:lol:

Shoplifting cunts

Seeing this narrative that we robbed them off £20m because we waited with Barkley till after his injury to sign him. Pathetic. 

We really should be playing Drinky alongside him, to provide us to somewhat decent long passes from the deep.

Moses - Kante - Drinky - Alonso

-------------- Barkley -----------------

--------------------Hazard-------------

-------------Torres---------------------

(when you see it, you'll shit bricks // joke)

1 hour ago, Georgy said:

You are right but just the thought of paying 17 mil for a 6 months contract is nuts.

Would Everton still have been entitled to some compensation for him if he left at the end of his contract to another English team.

If so, £15m may not have been far off what they could have argued at a tribunal given we're trying to get around half that for Solanke.

You have to think that this is a really big step for the lad too.

Hes been with Everton since he was 11 ffs.So theres got to be some emotions going on in him.

I know there are with Evertonians. Fuck me they're sagging him off. They must really like him or otherwise they wouldn't give a toss.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2018/01/barkley-joins-the-blue.html

Chelsea Football Club has today completed the signing of Ross Barkley from Everton.

The 24-year-old has signed a five-and-a-half-year contract and will wear the number 8 shirt.

Upon signing for the Premier League champions, Barkley said: ‘I'm overwhelmed, I'm looking forward to it and I'm really excited to get started.

‘To be given a fresh start at a new club like Chelsea, it's unbelievable for me. I'm looking forward to continuing where I left off at the end of last season and hoping to improve and add more goals to my game.’

Club director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘Ross is a player we have long admired and are certain he will prove to be an important player for Chelsea. He possesses outstanding technical and physical attributes, matched with good experience of the Premier League and a strong desire to succeed at the highest level. We welcome him to the club and look forward to seeing him in action.’

Barkley arrives with a wealth of experience for a player so young, having already made 150 Premier League appearances for Everton, as well as being named in England squads for both the World Cup and European Championships.

His versatility ensures he can play just behind the striker, in a deeper midfield role or in an advanced wide position, with his ability to get on the ball and create chances one of the player’s biggest strengths.

A hamstring injury at the beginning of the current campaign has kept him out since August, which means he is eligible to play for the Blues in all four competitions.

Takes number 8 shirt

Oscar (14/15 - 16/17), Frank Lampard (01/02 - 13/14), Gustavo Poyet (97/98 - 00/01), Andy Myers (96/97), Mark Hughes (95/96), Paul Furlong (94/95), Damian Matthew (90/91 - 93/94), Craig Burley (91/92), Andy Townsend (91/92), Alan Dickens (89/90 - 91/92), Graham Stuart (90/91), David Lee (90/91), Peter Nicholas (89/90 - 90/91), John Bumstead (89/90 - 90/91), Roy Wegerle (87/88), Clive Wilson (87/88), Micky Hazard (85/86 - 87/88), Nigel Spackman (84/85 - 86/87), Keith Jones (85/86 - 86/87), Ray Wilkins (77/78 - 78/79), Kenny Swain (77/78), Tommy Baldwin (73/74)