Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

15 minutes ago, Milan said:

'Rejected with a reason'

He just probably realized that even West Ham were too good for him...

Batshuayi has probably rejected West Ham twice. First in 2016 when he chose Chelsea (I remember West Ham and Palace were also interested) and then after his successful loan to Dortmund when he thought he was the next big shit and could do a lot better than WHU.

Now fast forward a couple of years, and the tables have completely turned. Batshuayi is at the worst point of his career having been totally frozen out at Chelsea and his high-paying contract is close to expiring so if West Ham are even interested anymore, he should bite their hands off for that contract offer.

It really is funny how a player who's played 815 minutes of PL football (4 starts + 43 subs) for the club in four years can earn £120K/wk. Stealing a living.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

It really is funny how a player who's played 815 minutes of PL football (4 starts + 43 subs) for the club in four years can earn £120K/wk. Stealing a living.

It is more funny how good his stats are.

8 goals and 3 assists in PL in just 812 minutes (equals 9 games).

And overall in Chelsea 25 goals and 6 assists in just 2428 minutes (27 games in minutes).

Also great stats in Dortmund and Palace. He would be great for some other club...

All my family on one side support Palace and they really liked him. Palace this season have only scored 30 goals in 37 games, so he would probably make a lot of sense for them. 

I think the problem with Batsh*t will be his wages. If he is primarily money motivated then staying at Chelsea to collect £120k a week, then move next season on a free (which would allow him similar wages as therr would be no fee) is the financially savvy move. Hopefully, the Euro's will make him keen to move. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I think the problem with Batsh*t will be his wages. If he is primarily money motivated then staying at Chelsea to collect £120k a week, then move next season on a free (which would allow him similar wages as therr would be no fee) is the financially savvy move. Hopefully, the Euro's will make him keen to move. 

But the question is can he get that kind of wages if he willingly sits out a whole year when he's supposed to be at the peak of his career? I wouldn't be so sure, even if there was no transfer fee involved. At that point he'd have played so little football in more than two years (like 600 mins total) that any club would be crazy to offer him anywhere close to his current wage. And like you said, it would totally screw him out of the Euros.

The only thing that is sure is he's neither needed nor wanted at Chelsea anymore. Only made the bench twice since the restart and was an unused substitute on both occasions. For both his and the club's sake I hope a solution is found.

Michy Batshuayi rejects Club Brugge — report

Still hoping to make it in the big leagues

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/7/25/21338143/michy-batshuayi-rejects-club-brugge-report

Michy Batshuayi’s future at Chelsea, or lack thereof to be exact, is basically a foregone conclusion at this point. (Almost) completely ostracized from the matchday squads since the Restart, his last in a disappointing string of performances for the club came all the way back on the final day of February. It’s hard to see his situation changing anytime soon, especially with both Tammy Abraham and Olivier Giroud in good scoring form and Timo Werner coming in.

Batshuayi’s contract expires in 2021, but transfer interest has been lacking — partly because of his form, partly because of his wages, and partly because of Chelsea’s silly €40m asking price. West Ham were said to be interested at one point, but have rejected him as part of a package for Declan Rice. One of his former loan clubs, Crystal Palace, had been the only other team reportedly interested.

Of course, another factor that could explain the absence of interested sides could be Michy’s own personal ambitions as well. For example, according to Nieuwsblad, Belgian top flight outfit Club Brugge inquired about the situation recently, with a view towards a potential summer move. However, Batshuayi has apparently rejected that idea out of hand, and would not want to return to his home country even if Brugge met his and Chelsea’s financial demands.

Batshuayi, who will turn 27 later this year, still wants to continue playing in England or another top league and has the self-belief to be optimistic that his ambitions of making it at the highest level are not over yet.

However, at a certain point, one needs to be realistic about their career prospects. In this case, Michy also needs to comprehend that the market will not be the same this summer due to the pandemic. While he still has all the tools to play in a “top-5” league, he will likely have to settle for a move to a “lesser league” — or watching the Chelsea games from the stands or his bedroom for a full season.

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

I think it was obvious that he would do that.

Michy might be a technically not that sound a player, but seems like a decent hard working fellow. 

It's not his fault that our scouting team fucked up big time. He is good enough to be starter for any mid table PL club and getting them decent enough goals.

Never thought he will simply stick around for a year just taking the paychecks.

Hope he gets a decent club and re-ignited his career.

Someone on the Leeds board posted a rumour that Leeds might be interested.  I don't know if it has any legs but I think he did play under Bielsa in France and Bielsa does like players with his work rate.  He's an upgrade for us over Bamford but I really can't stomach the asking price, much less the wages.  Thought I might give you folks some unfounded hope.

2 hours ago, mshnd06 said:

Someone on the Leeds board posted a rumour that Leeds might be interested.  I don't know if it has any legs but I think he did play under Bielsa in France and Bielsa does like players with his work rate.  He's an upgrade for us over Bamford but I really can't stomach the asking price, much less the wages.  Thought I might give you folks some unfounded hope.

Tbf christian benteke went for 35m+ twice, andy carrol went for the same amount. Michy for 25m in the inflated market that is these days is a good transfer (comparatively). His wages will be an issue though.

13 hours ago, mshnd06 said:

He has one year left on contract. 10-15m should be enough. It is still better for you than to pay asking price for Augustin. Read somewhere that you have to do that?

Michy has amazing goal record if you look goals per minutes. Even at Chelsea. Better than all others. It was the same at Dortmund and Palace.

10-15m seems reasonable.  I'd heard 40m quoted which seems ridiculous to me.  I'm hoping we don't have to pay for Augustin but I think the ruling will likely favor RB Leipzig and we will have less cash to spend on transfers, especially up top

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who thinks if Bats would get a run of 5/9 games next season (not that he would be here at that point) with Puli/Ziyech/Havertz would actually be a decent striker and would score 15+ goals a season? And I'm dead serious about this. If you keep him around for cup/fa games w/e and feed him as well as the above are capable off, I think he would be very decent.

27 minutes ago, Valdo said:

Am I the only one who thinks if Bats would get a run of 5/9 games next season (not that he would be here at that point) with Puli/Ziyech/Havertz would actually be a decent striker and would score 15+ goals a season? And I'm dead serious about this. If you keep him around for cup/fa games w/e and feed him as well as the above are capable off, I think he would be very decent.

He would score some goals, yes, but he is just a walking tree like Tammy, Lukaku, etc...

51 minutes ago, Valdo said:

NO! JUST FUCKING NO! This is like when people used to say Torres would score many goals when Mata, Oscar, Hazard etc were around.

JUST FUCKING SELL THIS DEADWOOD ALREADY! :rant:

He doesn't have an issue scoring. The problem is expecting him to do things that aren't part of his game and reason he has virtually had no real run at the club.

Best to just part ways at this point.