Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

It frustrates me how hes never replicated what he does for Belgium for us.Hes got all the tools needed.
No manager trusted him enough to actually give him a run of games. Hope he does well and is eventually sold, so he can actually kick start his career.

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
25 minutes ago, Unionjack said:
It frustrates me how hes never replicated what he does for Belgium for us.Hes got all the tools needed.

No manager trusted him enough to actually give him a run of games. Hope he does well and is eventually sold, so he can actually kick start his career.

From what I can see he did get games this season to shine even after all the ones we lost FL kept with him instead of even trying Grtooo. Im probably wrong.

I do think its a confidence thing.

From what I can see he did get games this season to shine even after all the ones we lost FL kept with him instead of even trying Grtooo. Im probably wrong.
He was selected more out of necessity than anything, so I'm sure he wasn't filled with confidence as you mentioned.

20 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

He was selected more out of necessity than anything, so I'm sure he wasn't filled with confidence as you mentioned.

So you're saying that it's 3 managers' fault that Batshuayi failed to impress here? :carlo: 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

So you're saying that it's 3 managers' fault that Batshuayi failed to impress here? :carlo: 

LOL I dont think hes impressed any of us let alone the managers. Its LAM09 that thinks he needed more playing time. Im just saying I dont get why he cant play as good for us as Belgium.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

LOL I dont think hes impressed any of us let alone the managers. Its LAM09 that thinks he needed more playing time. Im just saying I dont get why he cant play as good for us as Belgium.

But he's no starter for Belgium as well, is he?

Him doing well against the smaller nations is like him doing the same for us against lower league oppositions in the cup competitions. 

4 minutes ago, lucio said:

Did pretty well for Dortmund and palace before , had a great goals to minutes ratio in his 1st season , scored a few big goals like vs ajax and Atletico,  he isn't as bad as people make out 

Torres scored that goal at Barcelona or that final goal against Benfica but no one said anything about him being good.

Batshuayi might do well at Palace but the fact of the matter of is, he's not very good at the highest level and doesn't have the tools to compete at that level. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Torres scored that goal at Barcelona or that final goal against Benfica but no one said anything about him being good.

Batshuayi might do well at Palace but the fact of the matter of is, he's not very good at the highest level and doesn't have the tools to compete at that level. 

We got a few like that. .We either keep them in a cupboard or have a fire sale and sell them at knock down price. But sadly I cant see that happen. Its a tough situation our deadwood pile..

Certainly not. If a player doesn't break into the side, he has look at himself for the most part.

People here seem to gloss over that Chelsea also gave him a contract extension.

I am fuming here.

That's been the case with a number of players we've sent out of loan over the last few windows to prevent losing them for nothing.

On 08/09/2020 at 2:46 PM, Jype said:

Yep, much easier to sell after a good season out on loan than now with him having sat out pretty much the whole season either on the bench or completely out of the matchday lineup.

Recouping the £32M is probably unrealistic even next year unless he somehow scores +20 goals for Palace but to get even £15M would be good enough. 

Pretty sure his contacts almost done. 1 year left. Signed 5 years when he signed under Conte IIRC. Or did he renew? If so stupid move just let him for free. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

People here seem to gloss over that Chelsea also gave him a contract extension.

I am fuming here.

Because we don't want to lose him on free. 

Plus this way, we reduce his left amortization value to half. If we try to sell him right now, he will have to go for peanuts due to sitting on the bench and the market due to covid. 

13 minutes ago, Mana said:

He is not a special player. Don’t understand this logic, so we are going to continue keeping him until someone buys off us? What if no one wants him? That’s pathetic. Get him off!

I am less fuming now though that it is only a one year extension but honestly it’s better for the club to cut ties. Once his loan in Palace is done, don’t extend.

Educated gamble, Covid situation will hopefully even itself  then combine that with 15 goals at Palace and all of a sudden he may be in demand.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

He is not a special player. Don’t understand this logic, so we are going to continue keeping him until someone buys off us? What if no one wants him? That’s pathetic. Get him off!
I am less fuming now though that it is only a one year extension but honestly it’s better for the club to cut ties. Once his loan in Palace is done, don’t extend.

He's not a special player but if given a chance in 2019 after his first loan at Palace they'd have bought him on a permanent deal but back then the asking price was something ridiculous like £40M so they moved on.

If he has a good season at Palace now they will most definitely buy him this time seeing as the asking price (or option to buy?) should only be around 15-20M. I'd say anything above 10 league goals would count as excellent performance since it's more than any Palace player has scored in the last couple seasons. That should be doable for a player like Michy who already scored 5 in 9 starts for Palace in 2019 so he knows the manager and many of his team mates already.

Crystal Palace are paying his wages and maybe even a loan fee on top so it's 1000% better to extend his deal by a year and try moving him on a permanent deal next year if the other alternative is just loaning him out till his contract expires. Circumstances for a permanent deal were not good this year, mostly because he's not been playing enough football in the past year to gather much interest but also because of covid affecting many clubs' spending power. A season playing regular football would make it so much easier to sell next year, either to Palace or someone else.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Lol. Do you like just find reasons (however arbitrary) to moan?

Understand what the club is doing. Michy does not need to be a special player to get us a 15m£ profit in "player sales" next year. 

We bought him for 40m€, out of which only 8m€ amortized is left on our books. If we had sold him right now (worst possible moment in last 100 years financially and personally worst moment for michy).

By giving him an extension, the club has reduced michy's footprint on our books to just 4m€, that's it. The rest 4m€ is on the next year. He scores 10-15 goals, which given his goal scoring record, his value is going to BOOOM. So it's not "pathetic", it's a great deal for all parties concerned and has the potential to be a brilliant gamble by the board.