Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Yes because of his flaws in the game but he is right. In the team like Dortmund Michy would score for fun. After all he already did and even average striker like Alcacer was amazing there. 

That would be enough for Dortmund to beat majority of Bundesliga teams but not for Bayern and CL. 

Michy even at Chelsea has amazing stats. 25 goals in 2428 minutes. This is basically goal per game. Yes majority in FA CUP and Carabao Cup but even if it is in the PL it would not be good enough because goals aside he offers nothing.

Alcacer did well but only in the initial months, before he was tossed aside. There was no guarantee Batshuayi will succeed had he stayed there in the longer term. He just had a purple patch like some players tend to when they go to a new club. 

There is a reason why pure goal poachers like Mario Gomez don't exist at the highest level anymore because managers, teams need more from their striker these days than just putting the ball into the net. 

Batsh*t is another player - alongside Bakayoko, Kepa and Drinky - who I just do not understand how he was brought. I mean seriously, has anyone seen a player at Chelsea have such little tactical knowledge? The amount of times he is standing offside is a joke. When he eventually does leave, my abiding memory of him will be of how Hazard (whenever they played together) would look up for a pass, see Batsh*t and then either try and do everything himself and/or pass back to someone else as he couldn't pass to Batsh*t as he would always be offside or on the wrong side of the defender. 

48 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Batsh*t is another player - alongside Bakayoko, Kepa and Drinky - who I just do not understand how he was brought. I mean seriously, has anyone seen a player at Chelsea have such little tactical knowledge? The amount of times he is standing offside is a joke. When he eventually does leave, my abiding memory of him will be of how Hazard (whenever they played together) would look up for a pass, see Batsh*t and then either try and do everything himself and/or pass back to someone else as he couldn't pass to Batsh*t as he would always be offside or on the wrong side of the defender. 

@OhForAGreavsie will appreciate this:

Arkadiy Abramovich saw Bats play well at Euro 2016 and talked daddy into buying him

40 minutes ago, Vesper said:

@OhForAGreavsie will appreciate this:

Arkadiy Abramovich saw Bats play well at Euro 2016 and talked daddy into buying him

There aren't many better ways to persuade a man than by telling him things he already wants to believe. :)

By the way, that's just ridiculous by Eden. Some coach, somewhere, must have built that pass to self, with feint by the fake recipient, into a routine for their squad.

22 hours ago, Vesper said:

There was one case when Antonio Conte was still in charge at Chelsea and trying to prepare the side for a match without an injured Diego Costa. At the start of the week, Batshuayi was in line to start. By the end of the week, Conte had decided to use Eden Hazard as a false nine instead — because Batshuayi kept forgetting what he was being told to do. An annoyed Conte was heard saying, “Michy is not a genius”.

Batshuayi in a nutshell. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Batshuayi in a nutshell. 

Oh well. What started with the promise of that first preseason has been heading toward a sad end for a long time now. Maybe, just maybe, he'll get a loan, perform well for six months, earn himself a contract with his loan club, and provide Chelsea with a way out of the dilemma.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Alcacer did well but only in the initial months, before he was tossed aside. There was no guarantee Batshuayi will succeed had he stayed there in the longer term. He just had a purple patch like some players tend to when they go to a new club. 

There is a reason why pure goal poachers like Mario Gomez don't exist at the highest level anymore because managers, teams need more from their striker these days than just putting the ball into the net. 

Lewandowski, Icardi (was tracking to 40 goals all comps over a full season's minutes) Aguero, Suarez, Ciro Immobile, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Karim Benzema (23 goals per season average for 13 straight years, and that counts one massively injury plagued season and one dodgy year in 2017-18 where he still won a quadruple, including the CL), Harry Kane is deffo a poacher too, as was (he soon retires, I think next season is his last)  Zlatan Ibrahimovic (540 goals and counting for club and country, he has now scored in the last four decades, lolol),Edin Džeko as well (21 goals per year average for 12 years)

plus now Erling Håland

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

Lewandowski, Icardi (was tracking to 40 goals all comps over a full season's minutes) Aguero, Suarez, Ciro Immobile, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Karim Benzema (23 goals per season average for 13 straight years, and that counts one massively injury plagued season and one dodgy year in 2017-18 where he still won a quadruple, including the CL), Harry Kane is deffo a poacher too, as was (he soon retires, I think next season is his last)  Zlatan Ibrahimovic (540 goals and counting for club and country, he has now scored in the last four decades, lolol),Edin Džeko as well (21 goals per year average for 12 years)

plus now Erling Håland

How do you define poacher? Because by poacher, I mean the striker doesn't get involved in any of the buildup play and focuses only on scoring inside the six-yard box or the box in general. Almost all, if not all, the players you mentioned there are certainly not that, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

How do you define poacher? Because by poacher, I mean the striker doesn't get involved in any of the buildup play and focuses only on scoring inside the six-yard box or the box in general. Almost all, if not all, the players you mentioned there are certainly not that, IMO. 

Yeah, this is my understanding too. A poacher to me is a Pipo Inzaghi/Van Nistelrooy. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Icardi for me is a goal poacher, but the rest that were named aren't.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

disagree completely, sorry

I stand by my post

poacher is not a negative

it is being in the right place at the right time

the players I listed are all poachers and most are target types as well, irregardless of if they occasionally help in the buildup

almost none of them are hard pressing types of CF's, a few maybe to a point, but that is not the main part of their game

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

disagree completely, sorry

I stand by my post

poacher is not a negative

it is being in the right place at the right time

the players I listed are all poachers and most are target types as well, irregardless of if they occasionally help in the buildup

almost none of them are hard pressing types of CF's, a few maybe to a point, but that is not the main part of their game

You want to disagree over the list, that's fine but for the record, I never said anything about poacher being a negative. I did not say anything about poaching as a skill, only about it as a striker type. Those are two different things. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

You want to disagree over the list, that's fine but for the record, I never said anything about poacher being a negative. I did not say anything about poaching as a skill, only about it as a striker type. Those are two different things. 

fair enough

I do think many people, at least from what I have seen over the years, give a bit of side-eye to 'poachers' or players labelled as such

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

fair enough

I do think many people, at least from what I have seen over the years, give a bit of side-eye to 'poachers' or players labelled as such

You are right saying that it has negative tone, but poacher like what Jason has explained is a role. It become negative because it ia very rare for a team to play a poacher as striker. 

Btw no one will ever say player like Lewandowski or harry kane a poacher. 

20 minutes ago, communicate said:

You are right saying that it has negative tone, but poacher like what Jason has explained is a role. It become negative because it ia very rare for a team to play a poacher as striker. 

Btw no one will ever say player like Lewandowski or harry kane a poacher. 

thats funny because I have heard multiple presenters call them both exactly that (and not in a negative way) many times

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not in 20 players squad with CHO, Tomori and Jorginho out? I think we will never see him again in Chelsea shirt. Thanks for... funny social media posts...

Might be worth noting that Mando wasn't among the subs either so it's possible that Michy's absence was due in part to the balance Frank wanted on the bench.