Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

21 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Might be worth noting that Mando wasn't among the subs either so it's possible that Michy's absence was due in part to the balance Frank wanted on the bench.

Sorry but who is Mando? 

1 hour ago, blu35_army said:

Armando Borja,,the academy graduate....

Oh...lol

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that Batshuayi is done at the club. It will take an injury crisis (touch wood, fingers crossed!) for him to play again. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Oh...lol

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that Batshuayi is done at the club. It will take an injury crisis (touch wood, fingers crossed!) for him to play again. 

My point was just that Mando is next in line after Bats, and the youngster may even be ahead of Michy now. If Frank wanted a second striker among the subs it would have had to have been one of these two. Given that neither was there, it looks like Frank simply preferred a different balance on yesterday's bench.

So, although it's obvious that Michy will be gone as soon as we can find someone who wants him, that's something we knew before yesterday. His absence against Villa is not, in itself, evidence of that fact.

I'll give you this probably wasn't a point worth making. :(

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

My point was just that Mando is next in line after Bats, and the youngster may even be ahead of Michy now. If Frank wanted a second striker on the bench it would have had to have been one of these two. Given that neither was there, it looks like Frank simply preferred a different balance on yesterday's bench.

So, although it's obvious that Michy will be gone as soon as we can find someone who wants him, that's something we knew before yesterday. His absence against Villa is not, in itself, evidence of that fact.

I'll give you this probably wasn't a point worth making. :(

Even then, Broja has barely played in first team games and is still a youth player. Him not being included in the matchday squad is hardly a surprise, especially when we have most of the first team squad back fit.

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

Even then, Broja has barely played in first team games and is still a youth player. Him not being included in the matchday squad is hardly a surprise, especially when we have most of the first team squad back fit

You have to remember I was reacting to the observation that Michy's absence was evidence that he isn't wanted. I simply pointed out that it might only have been evidence of SFL not needing a second striker on the bench yesterday. If Mando had been there in preference to Bats, then that would have been further evidence that Michy is done.

Sell this donkey to the pikeys or Palace or NUFC if tbe headchoppers buy them. So sick of seeing these same names floating about for years. We will fuck about, do nothing, and they all will walk on frees or be panic sold for pennies. The list of dregs we are carrying is staggering.

• 3 weeks later...

DDon't get why he is considered so bad , always had a good goals to minutes ratio and scored big goals too. I think he'd get 20 premier league goals if started regularly 

12 minutes ago, lucio said:

DDon't get why he is considered so bad , always had a good goals to minutes ratio and scored big goals too. I think he'd get 20 premier league goals if started regularly 

I can't tell if you're being serious or you're trolling all of a sudden...

With all the restrictions he has in terms of being  very very limited player, I can't help but wonder if he would of fluffed some of the chances Giroud did last night and ones Abraham has as well. I think his finishing is maybe his only saving grace. Definitely needs to be moved on though.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

With all the restrictions he has in terms of being  very very limited player, I can't help but wonder if he would of fluffed some of the chances Giroud did last night and ones Abraham has as well. I think his finishing is maybe his only saving grace. Definitely needs to be moved on though.

Still can't believe that Lampard had Batshuayi ahead of Giroud earlier this season. Am pretty sure we wouldn't have dropped so many points against the lesser sides had Lampard played Giroud instead of Batshuayi. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Am pretty sure we wouldn't have dropped so many points against the lesser sides had Lampard played Giroud instead of Batshuayi. 

Tbh Michy played just 224 minutes this season in PL. Utd at home only start. After that 18 minutes most in one game.

39 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tbh Michy played just 224 minutes this season in PL. Utd at home only start. After that 18 minutes most in one game.

Doesn't change the fact that Giroud was considered 3rd choice behind Batshuayi and Lampard would rather flog Abraham to death than consider Giroud as an option, which is ironic given what's happened recently.