Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

16 hours ago, Valdo said:

Am I the only one who thinks if Bats would get a run of 5/9 games next season (not that he would be here at that point) with Puli/Ziyech/Havertz would actually be a decent striker and would score 15+ goals a season? And I'm dead serious about this. If you keep him around for cup/fa games w/e and feed him as well as the above are capable off, I think he would be very decent.

If you played him week in, week out as the CF1 you probably would get 15+ goals out of him. The problem is his all round game. I mean, this is a CF that really struggles to comprehend the offside system as he is forever standing in a offside position. The you have the problem in that he cannot dribble at all, that is an issue against packed defenses. Height and size wise, he is average so isn't able to dominate a CB like Giroud can. Passing is average. Off the ball movement outside the box is poor, although in it, he is good. 

All in all, his all round game is poor, but he does come alive in the box. For me, he will never be a Chelsea player but he may find a niche at a smaller club where he doesn't need to get involved in build up play. 

31 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Lots of rumors about him to Leeds. Hope it happens. 🙏

Would make sense. Leeds could do with a "big name" signing and Bielsa knows Batshuayi from their time together at Marseille.

The main man at Leeds is Patrick Bamford, no way Batshuayi is worse than him. 

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Smdh

Lets hope it is just to get a better price once COVID passes

That has to be the reasoning

Sorry but not even covid justifies it for me, just get rid, imagine no one comes in for him or unwilling to pay our demand, we would be stuck again for ages with him.

On 14/08/2020 at 9:59 PM, Jason said:

NO! JUST FUCKING NO! This is like when people used to say Torres would score many goals when Mata, Oscar, Hazard etc were around.

JUST FUCKING SELL THIS DEADWOOD ALREADY! :rant:

Chelsea are set to hand Michy Batshuayi, 26, a new deal before offering him out on loan, with Crystal Palace, West Brom and Newcastle keen on the Belgium international. (Sun)

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Chelsea are set to hand Michy Batshuayi, 26, a new deal before offering him out on loan, with Crystal Palace, West Brom and Newcastle keen on the Belgium international. (Sun)

As long as it's only a one year extension that's more than okay to me. It would only mean he won't leave for nothing next year and can be loaned out now to postpone a more permanent solution till next summer. Not many clubs out there who have both use for him and can afford to buy him in this current financial state so a one year extension would only ensure the club can sell him for a fee. It doesn't mean they still consider him to have a future at the club.

A good year out on loan and potentially a decent Euro2021 would surely mean there is a buyer out there next year who'll pay £15M for him.

Palace fans seem genuinely delighted to have him again. Hopefully he does very well for them and helps take points off our rivals. Then we can sell him there permanently for somewhere close to what we paid for him next summer.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Palace fans seem genuinely delighted to have him again. Hopefully he does very well for them and helps take points off our rivals. Then we can sell him there permanently for somewhere close to what we paid for him next summer.

Yep, much easier to sell after a good season out on loan than now with him having sat out pretty much the whole season either on the bench or completely out of the matchday lineup.

Recouping the £32M is probably unrealistic even next year unless he somehow scores +20 goals for Palace but to get even £15M would be good enough.