Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

55 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Is it only me or is his all round game improving. He is still erratic and frustrating but signs are there. On the other hand he also started last season on fire and completely faded so let’s see

He has improved his ability to shield the ball and bring it down whilst under pressure in my opinion. There are still some flaws with his game, erratic finishing and lack of anticipation (although this has improved.) For me, he is developing well but it is hard to judge if he can continue to do so and also, maybe more importantly, become more consistent. This season is a big one for him as I think if he tails off again we may look for another CF. 

That said, I have always been fairly confident he would be at the least a decent CF2 for us, so even if he does not go on to be great, I still see him as a player that will be an important squad member for the long term. 

9 goals/assists in 7 starts. Almost criminal how under the radar he has gone.

Werner has 8 goals and 4 assists in 1134 minutes. 94.5 minutes per assist/goal

Tammy has 5 goals and 5 assists in just 626 minutes. 62.6 minutes per assist/goal.

Where the haters at?

Very fortunate to still be selected and I hope to fuck this isn't a case of Frank's mate...He doesn't use his height to his advantage, he doesn't attack balls in the box and he's horrendous with his back to goal.

Said it before and I will say it again, Abraham always looks so cumbersome whenever he gets the ball. Rarely able to control it properly the first time, be it with his head, body or legs. Needs several touches to do so more often than not and always looks like he's flopping around. Can get away with it against the lesser sides but not against the bigger ones. 

He's improved everything else except the one thing you'd think he'd be excellent at just by looking at his stature. 
Which is funny because a guy with his height and with his big head should score more headers. Ironically, he is pretty good at clearing opponent cornerkicks. He used to be a CB til he was 14 or something. Maybe that is why

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Ironically, he is pretty good at clearing opponent cornerkicks.

That's hardly difficult considering he's always standing by his own at the near post. Very rarely has anyone to challenge for the ball. Just need to clear it away from danger. 

He really should have scored today. If he was any less clumsy he could have scored a couple. We really won’t win close games like rhisbone vs big sides with him leading the line. His overall performance was not even bad, he pressed well and his dribbling has improved. But if the ball is not played cleanly into him he lacks the skill, body control and composure to score. He missed two easy headers and for the diagonal he hit the ground with no contact before the ball even arrived. Being a tall guy myself I know it’s difficult for us to control our limps when improvising a volley or sth like that but for a pro athlete who is practising it all day he really should be less clumsy

• 3 weeks later...

Very useful player for the squad. Seems to be as good as anyone else at scoring against mid table and lower teams. Not good enough for the big games but so useful for the lower teams. So start him against Arsenal [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk