Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

24 minutes ago, Milan said:

Oh good, if you prefer running away to fighting for your place in your boyhood club... Proper mentality.

To be fair, he should leave in the current situation. Just gives Chelsea a headache in terms of the backup striker slot. I still remember the Loic Remy, Falcao years...dreary stuff

1 hour ago, Milan said:

Oh good, if you prefer running away to fighting for your place in your boyhood club... Proper mentality.

Lol, look at what Musiala did. Did the right move. At Chelsea, Musiala wouls still just be a youth team player that never gets matches. Look at what Lukaku did. Not a youth team player, but he was a Chelsea fan through and through before he came. Did the right thing to move away from Chelsea. Broja and Soonsup Bell will leave the club too, regardless how talented they are. If I was Billy for instance, I would be on loan right now. But Billy instead chose to waste his time

If I was Tammy, I would go to Leicester. 

Can‘t wait to see the back of him. Such a nothing player. Wish him all the best - far away from Chelsea. What Lampard is as a coach, Tammy is as a striker. Even when he scored, I never had the feeling it was because of his capability or so.

Edited by ZaynChelsea

7 hours ago, Jason said:

According to The Athletic, Abraham is not interested in discussing about extending his contract with the club while they are looking for a new striker like Haaland. 

He's mediocre and act like he's a superstar or something, lmao. 

14 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Lol, look at what Musiala did. Did the right move. At Chelsea, Musiala wouls still just be a youth team player that never gets matches. Look at what Lukaku did. Not a youth team player, but he was a Chelsea fan through and through before he came. Did the right thing to move away from Chelsea. Broja and Soonsup Bell will leave the club too, regardless how talented they are. If I was Billy for instance, I would be on loan right now. But Billy instead chose to waste his time

If I was Tammy, I would go to Leicester. 

He wouldnt get a game regularly at Leicester. Vardy is maybe 34 but still has 2 years in him at least I reckon. His physical attributes are phenomenal.

Just let him go. Has shown he is a reasonable squad player but not the sort of striker who will win teams titles.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Abraham under Tuchel:

Wolves - 13 mins appearance as sub
Burnley - Subbed off at HT
Spurs - Unused sub
Sheffield Utd - Unused sub
Barnsley - Played full 90 mins; scored a goal
Newcastle - 20 mins appearance as sub
Saints - Subbed off at HT
Atletico - Unused sub
Man Utd - Not selected in matchday squad

The beginning of the end?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Abraham under Tuchel:

Wolves - 13 mins appearance as sub
Burnley - Subbed off at HT
Spurs - Unused sub
Sheffield Utd - Unused sub
Barnsley - Played full 90 mins; scored a goal
Newcastle - 20 mins appearance as sub
Saints - Subbed off at HT
Atletico - Unused sub
Man Utd - Not selected in matchday squad

The beginning of the end?

It clearly is. Hope he leaves us in the summer and goes to a club where he gets a fair chance. 

He has 18 scorers in 1500 minutes. Last season he had 15 goals without any help from the midfield just in PL. Highly underrated achievement 

25 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Chelsea are facing interest from Premier League and European rivals in top scorer Tammy Abraham with the club yet to open negotiations with him over a new contract.

Abraham’s recent treatment by head coach Thomas Tuchel, together with Chelsea’s interest in Erling Haaland, will only encourage clubs that the 23 year-old might be lured away from Stamford Bridge during the summer.

There will only be two years remaining on Abraham’s contract, which was last year extended by 12 months, at the end of the season and a number of clubs are monitoring the situation.

It is expected to be a busy summer transfer window for strikers, with many of England’s top clubs, including Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United and potentially also Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur, looking at strengthening the position.

Outside the traditional big clubs, West Ham United, who would certainly be interested in Abraham, Leicester City and Brighton are all looking at strikers, while Southampton may need a replacement for Danny Ings and Abraham still has admirers inside Aston Villa, where he spent a season on loan, although they now have Ollie Watkins.  

In Europe, Juventus are expected to be in the market for a striker, while Paris Saint-Germain and Borussia Dortmund may have to replace Kylian Mbappe and Haaland if they clinch big moves.

That is expected to create plenty of movement and opportunities, and Abraham is expected to be heavily involved in conversations among clubs and scouts over strikers while his contract situation remains unresolved.

Abraham has made it consistently clear that he ideally wants to stay at Chelsea, where he graduated from the academy, and become the club’s recognised striker for the rest of his career.

But the club is yet to make a solid commitment to him, aside from activating the one-year extension option on his last contract that saw his wages increase to around £70,000-a-week.

That is below the market rate for an England international striker and some way short of the £120,000-a-week contract Chelsea handed to Callum Hudson-Odoi in September 2019 to help fight off interest from Bayern Munich.

It remains to be seen whether or not Chelsea respond to the outside interest in Abraham in a similar way or whether or not they countenance a sale.

Tuchel’s handling of him so far would suggest the German is currently unsure of Abraham’s ability, despite the fact he is Chelsea’s top scorer and was also their main source of goals last season.

Having been substituted at half-time against Southampton, Abraham was an unused substitute in the Champions League success away at Atletico Madrid and was left out of the squad for Sunday’s goalless draw against Manchester United.

Abraham had initially presumed that his exclusion was because, while not injured, the ankle he hurt against Newcastle United had not been 100 per cent. 

But Tuchel instead suggested Abraham had simply been left out of his matchday squad that included two left-backs on the bench, Timo Werner, who has scored one goal in 17 Premier League games, and Kai Havertz, who Tuchel believes can play up front and has scored one League goal.

While many of the country’s top managers have had to make difficult decisions regarding their matchday squads, it is hard to recall another instance of a club’s leading scorer being completely excluded.

Abraham has started four games under Tuchel and has twice been substituted at half-time, against Burnley and Southampton. He scored the winning goal against Barnsley in the FA Cup.

Last season, Abraham finished as Chelsea’s top scorer with 18 goals and this season he has got 12 goals, which is one more than Olivier Giroud and two better than Werner. He also has four assists.

Speaking about Abraham after the United draw, Tuchel said: “We have 21 strong players and only 18 possible [to be picked]. It is my job to take hard decisions.

“At the moment he [Abraham] is only struggling with my decision. We have a strong squad. We have only Thiago Silva injured – that means we have to make hard decisions. 

“It was also an unfair decision for Billy Gilmour because Billy played well in the Cup and he was very strong in training.

“It was a hard decision. It was about judging the alternatives that we have and we opted for Olivier Giroud to begin, Timo Werner on the bench.

“We have Kai Havertz who can play as a number nine, so there was no need to bring a fourth number nine to the pitch.

“Things are difficult for him [Abraham]. Things are not as easy as they should be for him in the moment and he will get full support. This was the decision.”