Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

I want to see him loaned out again, that long injury layoff has taken it's toll, he's nowhere EPL quality atm let him go to a Championship he's no better than that.

Then i want us to try to get a top quality striker, 'cos apart from a CB and a LB/LWB, it's what we need

28 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I want to see him loaned out again, that long injury layoff has taken it's toll, he's nowhere EPL quality atm let him go to a Championship he's no better than that.

Then i want us to try to get a top quality striker, 'cos apart from a CB and a LB/LWB, it's what we need

I feel we need to keep Tammy, loan wouldnt help at this time with we already revamping big time and a decent striker would cost big... Giroud and Batshui would be gone. With Wener in there will be competition for places and that will tell if Tammy has the ambitious to fight for his place. If yes, then with the new 5 subs rules we have a great headache on our hands .... If not then we can sell him next season. 

Just now, coolhead23 said:

I feel we need to keep Tammy, loan wouldnt help at this time with we already revamping big time and a decent striker would cost big... Giroud and Batshui would be gone. With Wener in there will be competition for places and that will tell if Tammy has the ambitious to fight for his place. If yes, then with the new 5 subs rules we have a great headache on our hands .... If not then we can sell him next season. 

We will still have Giroud for next season.

1 minute ago, coolhead23 said:

I doubt ... feel he would move but if he doesnt then great ... more the merrier and more competition within that position ... feel it is win-win both ways

He signed a new 1-year deal recently and from our perspective, it makes no sense to sell him even with Werner coming in. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

He signed a new 1-year deal recently and from our perspective, it makes no sense to sell him even with Werner coming in. 

Let see, not saying we will sell him it would be more if he wants to continue with 2 other strikers  ... 1 year deal could be to safeguard our asset ... Like i mention the more the merrier

16 hours ago, Mana said:

He has been decent even before the restart. Which baffles me why we were trying to force him out last January. Thank the heavens that didn't come to fruition.

and also WHY was Lamps trotting out Batshit over him before???????

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

no way he accepts a loan back to the Championship meat grinder

loan him (IF we loan him) to Sheffield United, he will get bags of playing time and Wilder is a great manager

I think more regular goal scorers in the squad will take the burden off Tammy next season.

He will have to go again and beat this season’s numbers particularly his goal return in 2020 but I do think with how dependent we were on him first half of the season for goals, he is due a bit of slack.

Its a lot to ask for a team of our stature to have pinned our hopes of 20 goals a season from a frontman on a relatively unproven CF who’s best returns have been in the championship.

Mount and Hudson-Odoi also have to score more too to progress. Ziyech and Werner will provide more cutting edge and so will Havertz but it is very key to have good goals and assist returns from multiple players when trying to compete for trophies. I think weve missed this for a while, even with Costa and Hazard, Pedro and Willian weren’t quite as prolific as they could have been, particularly Pedro (altho under Sarri he was a lot more). Even the CBs we used to have would probably average 5 goals a season: Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Luiz... plus Alonso was in and around the goals his first 2 seasons more often than not.

I am not a fan of Tammy, never was... But come on. Loan? Championship?

What is the point? He scored more than 50 goals already there in 2 seasons.

He is what he is. We either keep him as backup for Timo and give up on Olie for him or we sell him to some PL club for 40m-50m...

On 12/27/2019 at 6:55 PM, Nicco said:

I'd be shocked if he reaches 15 by the end of the season.

This member is not on forum for a while but what a statement that was?
After exactly half season (19 games) when Tammy was on 11 goals to predict he will not score 4 more goals? Amazing.

I am not his fan but even I did not expect that 17 games later he will be on 14 goals only. Giroud is going to start next 2 game so 15 goals mark is not likely.

And I remember guys like Nicco and brazilian dude are not among favorite people here but they were always spot on...

On 12/28/2019 at 4:29 AM, Vesper said:

IF Abraham goes 23 league games (he has went 4 in a row without a goals, and there are 19 games left) and only scores zero to 3 goals (which is what you are claiming will happen or you will be shocked)

we are FUCKED

forget top 4

forget top 7 more than likely

unless we bring in a huge goal scorer in January, which is not likely at all

0 to 3 goals in 23 games after 11 in the first 18 would be a historic collapse in form

I see an extremely small chance of that happening

It happened!!!:lol::lol::lol:

And we are still in top4!!! Thank you Olie!

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

It happened!!!:lol::lol::lol:

And we are still in top4!!! Thank you Olie!

in my defence, I was working off the assumption that Giroud was gone and that it would be down to Bats

but yes, Tammy epically collapsed

if we miss out on CL a significant amount of blame belongs on his shoulders

12 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Good outing. This was his 3rd good perfirmance against liverpool. 

He did not play in cup win.

In Super Cup he fucked us with missed penalty.

In first league game he was selfish and missed sitter.

0:25

Today he was solid. Giroud and Puli are great combo. Olie did not have that opportunity to play with him today.

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He did not play in cup win.

In Super Cup he fucked us with missed penalty.

In first league game he was selfish and missed sitter.

0:25

Today he was solid. Giroud and Puli are great combo. Olie did not have that opportunity to play with him today.

Missed penalty does not mean he was poor. On contrary he was brilliant in the game. His link up. Yes he missed chances in that game too, but he showed how good his lunk up play was. Same foe the league game. Hence the comment that now he has performed well against pool 3 times.

10 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Missed penalty does not mean he was poor. On contrary he was brilliant in the game. His link up. Yes he missed chances in that game too, but he showed how good his lunk up play was. Same foe the league game. Hence the comment that now he has performed well against pool 3 times.

Still I think that penalty showed his true character. Not that he missed but the way he did. Too afraid to take a chance. Just meek, content with hitting the target. If Adrian would have had to claw out his shot out of the bottom corner then alright, fair play to both but he just had to wait for Abraham to roll it into his hands. Abraham just couldn’t handle the pressure just as he can’t handle carrying a top club. It is no shame, he is a good goal scorer but just not the one to lead our line

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Still I think that penalty showed his true character. Not that he missed but the way he did. Too afraid to take a chance. Just meek, content with hitting the target. If Adrian would have had to claw out his shot out of the bottom corner then alright, fair play to both but he just had to wait for Abraham to roll it into his hands. Abraham just couldn’t handle the pressure just as he can’t handle carrying a top club. It is no shame, he is a good goal scorer but just not the one to lead our line

Hence werner? 

And are we really holding a young 22 year old striker to a missed penalty? I mean Lukaku missed a similar one and has done quite well. We could have used him and his goal scoring instead of Morata, Falcao, pato, Higuain. 

I think the club and fans are awàre of Tammy's usage as a 2nd choice striker but don't think that comes from a missed pen because a lot of greats have missed pens. 

Ps - 15 pl goals so he has carried us to a certain extent alreadt