Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

2 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

My problem with this is ppl aint allowed to see their own parents  children grandchildren and these 3 muppets thinks its absolutely fine to have party's, trio of dickheads.

If Tammy didnt know I wouldnt put him into that label. Chilwell and Sancho though....poor.

5 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

If Tammy didnt know I wouldnt put him into that label. Chilwell and Sancho though....poor.

That is fair but as @OneMoSalah alluded to above, Abraham still carried on with the party anyway when he could have called it off. Just like Sancho, Chilwell, he still ended up putting everyone at risk. 

That is fair but as [mention=3876]OneMoSalah[/mention] alluded to above, Abraham still carried on with the party anyway when he could have called it off. Just like Sancho, Chilwell, he still ended up putting everyone at risk. 

Yeah right. Nobody would kick out their friends when they organized a party just for your birthday. He did not know it and I can guarantee you all of you that critizise him would have not kicked their friends out. If there are really people out there that would do that, they do not need friends anyway.

Sancho and Chilwell should have known better. That is their fault.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Yeah right. Nobody would kick out their friends when they organized a party just for your birthday. He did not know it and I can guarantee you all of you that critizise him would have not kicked their friends out. If there are really people out there that would do that, they do not need friends anyway.

Sancho and Chilwell should have known better. That is their fault.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

In normal circumstances, no one would do it. But we aren't living in normal circumstances. Sure, the fault lies more with others but he could have been the mature one here and told them to stop or whatever but instead, he got on with it. And now, we gotta hope they didn't get the virus and won't be forced to miss games for us because of quarantine etc. 

Everyone has broke the rules. But they are held to a higher level so just can't do it.

As I said I couldn't give a shit and if some idiot didn't film them all there they would have been fine and no one knows or gives a shit. But they did. Hopefully it's all at England level and there's no punishment in the league. But greenwood and Foden didn't get punished so hopefully they won't either.

3 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Everyone has broke the rules. But they are held to a higher level so just can't do it.

As I said I couldn't give a shit and if some idiot didn't film them all there they would have been fine and no one knows or gives a shit. But they did. Hopefully it's all at England level and there's no punishment in the league. But greenwood and Foden didn't get punished so hopefully they won't either.

Why would the league be punishing these players for breaching the rules? I don't think they have any rules in place for this(?). If anything, the punishment will come from the club if they want to.

Also it's all good saying you don't give a shit or this would have been a non-story had no one filmed it or took pictures, but if one of our players - or more than one - got the virus from something as stupid and avoidable as this and then miss games for us because of quarantine, we would be furious over their action. 

Why would the league be punishing these players for breaching the rules? I don't think they have any rules in place for this(?). If anything, the punishment will come from the club if they want to.

Also it's all good saying you don't give a shit or this would have been a non-story had no one filmed it or took pictures, but if one of our players - or more than one - got the virus from something as stupid and avoidable as this and then miss games for us because of quarantine, we would be furious over their action. 

Because the fa probably have some sort of loophole if they wanted. But I doubt they would as they did nothing with the Foden and greenwood one.

They can get the virus from anywhere though. Its not as if the rule of 6 means anything. He could get it if there was only 6 people at the party. 3 of them play together anyway. If they are gonna do it the start of the international break is the best time as 2 weeks would be one game.

Now obviously we don't want chillwell to miss games and as I said they need to know better. You can't be a pro footballer and break the rules you're gonna get caught. But it's done now, lets hope they are all clear and move on, it's hardly the worst offence I've ever seen.

Just now, Hutcho said:

They can get the virus from anywhere though. Its not as if the rule of 6 means anything. He could get it if there was only 6 people at the party. 3 of them play together anyway. If they are gonna do it the start of the international break is the best time as 2 weeks would be one game.

Now obviously we don't want chillwell to miss games and as I said they need to know better. You can't be a pro footballer and break the rules you're gonna get caught. But it's done now, lets hope they are all clear and move on, it's hardly the worst offence I've ever seen.

You're not wrong about the highlighted part but the rule of 6 is basically to reduce the risk of transmission and as I said, holding a party with so many people (there were like 20 people apparently) at this time is silly and can be avoided. We don't want our players to get the virus from something as silly as this, especially during the season.

Anyway according to the reports earlier in the day, they haven't been tested yet and it's unclear when they will be tested. So here's hoping everyone will be clear and won't have to sit out of games for us.

3 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

When do we get a serious CF along with the power in CM (like Declan)? Anyone know who the next big name might be out there?

We won't win anything with the kind of big CFs we now have.

Werner is not big name? When all wingers will be fit he will not start as winger.

4 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

When do we get a serious CF along with the power in CM (like Declan)? Anyone know who the next big name might be out there?

We won't win anything with the kind of big CFs we now have.

we bought a superb CF/striker in Werner and Havertz can play there as well

and we have Tammy plus a super sub in Giroud for a changeup

very few CF's out there who I truly rate

and all will cost a SHEDLOAD

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Erling Haaland

Paulo Dybala (more of an SS)

Lautaro Martínez

Victor Osimhen (only if he does well at Napoli)

wild card to watch

Patson Daka (11 goals, 4 assists in 503 minutes so far this year)

7 hours ago, Last Sicarius said:

Werner is not big name? When all wingers will be fit he will not start as winger.

I agree. Yes, Werner is a big name, but not a big body for every kind of matchup or circumstance. I like Werner. But, am posting b/c I know that we need a natural goalscoring big body option with power and aggression and some speed for that CF spot also in our future.

The Telegraph

Wednesday October 14 2020

Matt Law's Chelsea briefing

Matt Law
tmg_spacer.gif

Is the party over for Abraham's England hopes?

By Matt Law,
Football News Correspondent

241026737_Andy-Hooper-NMC-Pool_Sport-New

Tammy Abraham's surprise party has proven costly CREDIT: ANDY HOOPER

Ben Chilwell's withdrawal from the England squad on Tuesday capped a bad 10 days for two of Chelsea's England players.

But while the country's left-back shortage means that Chilwell's failure to play in any of England's three games should not damage his long-term opportunities, striker Tammy Abraham faces a more difficult international challenge.

To put it bluntly, Abraham has been the biggest loser of the surprise birthday party that was thrown for him a couple of days before the England players were due to meet up at St George's Park for the games against Wales, Belgium and Denmark.

Chilwell and Jadon Sancho were also at the party, and they, like Abraham, were forced to join the England squad late because of breaking the government’s 'rule of six' coronavirus regulations.

But Chilwell can be confident he remains Southgate's best left-back, while Sancho's appearance as a substitute against Belgium underlined the fact he does not have too much to fear.

All three players were naive to remain at the party without considering the consequences and the incident highlighted how important it is that footballers surround themselves with the right people. Whichever of Abraham's family or friends organised the party, they owe him a sincere apology because the cost has been big for the former Aston Villa loanee.

It was only a few months ago that Abraham was positioning himself as England's No 1 alternative to Harry Kane and yet now he will finish this international break as the country's fourth-choice striker at best.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Danny Ings grabbed their chances by both scoring against Wales, and the duo also have the advantage of being guaranteed to start each week for their clubs.

Abraham deserves great credit for the way in which he responded to being benched for Chelsea's opening games by forcing his way back in with goals against Barnsley, in the Carabao Cup, and West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.

Trying to take Chelsea's second penalty against Crystal Palace off Jorginho was an error of judgement, but it showed his hunger to keep scoring goals and did not overly concern Frank Lampard.

But now Abraham will need to hit the ground running when he returns to Chelsea for Saturday's visit of Ings and Southampton to Stamford Bridge. Because if he loses his place in Lampard's team, then he could well be left out of the next England squad altogether.

With Kane, Calvert-Lewin and Ings already at his disposal, Southgate also has Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling and Sancho as part of his A-list, with Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish now pushing for a regular place among the forward players in the England squad.

Southgate will already be wondering whether or not he needs a fourth out-and-out striker when everybody is available, and Abraham needs to make sure that he makes the decision a little harder.

All parties are cancelled.

• 3 weeks later...