The Conte Thread

This agenda the media has against us is disgusting. They really try to stir up things and create a conflict that is not there. Without the sightest of hints they make up stories about unrest and lack of trust etc and pack it into articles titled " do Chelsea still trust Conte" which are as unfounded as they are uninspired. Chelsea who? the fans? love him. Abramovich? Not heard a word of him as always. Emenalo? has been his usual jovial self. The board? Just gave him a pay rise. I don't know about you but if i do not trust someone or plan to fire him i don't give him a pay rise. 

Some journalist with an obvious personal dislike for the club pick up on the "Conte turned down his phone to sabotage Ross Barkley transfer", transfer this rumour to all our other failed transfers and think they have a story. Personal dislike for the club, ok, I am used to that everyone hates us, but do those so called journalists not have any kind of self-respect? Is there not any kind of quality assurances so that major sports side publish complete non-stories about us daily? I am absolutely pro freedom of speech but that goes in two directions. At some point, fabricating false information on purpose is just libel and the club should seriously consider taking legal action against those snakes and openly siding with conte when the opportunity arises. I just hope that the staff, the club and the team do not pay attention to all this bullshit but i am convinced they are experienced enough to not give a fuck. 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Yeah forgot about Alonso, don't think Willian will start, probably 3-5-2 again. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Willian and Alonso too.

Alonso will probably end up playing 270 minutes in the space of 8 days. Highly doubt Conte will trust Zappacosta to start such a big game.

Felt bad for Cesc too, because he needs to be carefully managed this season.  

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah forgot about Alonso, don't think Willian will start, probably 3-5-2 again. 

Probably but the LWB position is a concern. We don't really have an alternative for Alonso and may have to flog him to death this season.

Just now, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Alonso will probably end up playing 270 minutes in the space of 8 days. Highly doubt Conte will trust Zappacosta to start such a big game.

Alonso should be rested against Nottingham Forest next week but yeah as mentioned above, the LWB position is a concern.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Probably but the LWB position is a concern. We don't really have an alternative for Alonso and may have to flog him to death this season.

Zappacosta is the other LWB alternative. Conte mentioned he sees him as a player who can  play on both sides. 

Edit: so its Alonso, Moses, Zappacosta, Azpi. 

8 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Cesc will get more rest when Baka and a drinky are more up to speed. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think as blue in my viens alluded to, Zappa will probably shift grok right to left and back to give Moses and Alonso adequate rest. 

I'm hoping that Conte reverts back to Azpilicueta, Luiz & Rudiger in the back 3 against Arsenal. Cahill obviously rusty tonight due to being suspended and not playing, also playing against low standard opposition tonight he wasn't really tested - fair enough he only had one minor mistake, that stupid tackle in first half -  he's lacking the match rhythm Rudiger has built up having played in the last 3 weeks. 

Anyways, like mentioned above I think we can play better, but Morata, Bakayoko and Rudiger are still adapting to the league and team. Also Eden is nearing full fitness. I think after these 6 or 7 games in the next 3 weeks or whatever, if the squad is managed correctly, most of the new signings will get minutes and continue to adapt and Eden and Bakayoko will be 100% fit by then. I think relying on Batshuayi is going to be a disaster this season.  

7 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Zappacosta is the other LWB alternative. Conte mentioned he sees him as a player who can  play on both sides. 

Edit: so its Alonso, Moses, Zappacosta, Azpi. 

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

I think as blue in my viens alluded to, Zappa will probably shift grok right to left and back to give Moses and Alonso adequate rest. 

Never watched him play at Torino or for Italy. So, I don't know how he does on the left side but until we see him do that for us, it feels like we'll just be filling square pegs in round hole.