The Conte Thread

On 23.08.2017 г. at 0:47 PM, Chelsea4 said:

Obviously i prefer Tuchel. I want to see a Chelsea team play attractive football and not park the bus againts Tottenham.

On 21.08.2017 г. at 0:47 AM, Chelsea4 said:

ANTONIO ANTONIO ANTONIO

DHsIzedXkAUe-RQ.thumb.jpg.a7c0755144ffad829543d4a7669cc94f.jpg

On 24/08/2017 at 0:31 PM, Special Juan said:

Nobody knows exactly who's a target of the board/Conte, so it's difficult to say on that.

Going to back to challenging and elite players it's like this for me. Willian and Pedro are brilliant squad options but what we should be aspiring to is breaking the bank for players like Ousmane Dembele so that players like Willian become a great back up. What the club are supposedly doing with the Oxelaide Chamberlain situation is upgrading on Moses and Moses then becomes a very good bench option to the Ox, the squad then becomes fatter and we can compete on more levels.

I completely agree in principle, but would add a note of slight disagreement.

What you say here makes perfect sense to us. Not because we are football geniuses, although we are of course :) , but because it's a statement of the obvious. It's obvious to you, it's obvious to me, and it's obvious to every member of the board. I know some views expressed around here make it sound like Chelsea's executives can't tie their own shoe laces, but no one can really believe that. These people can't, on average, be any less bright than the average poster here. Yet, they have not been able to do what obviously needs to be done. There has to be a reason for it.

If there were an unlimited budget available, if the owner was willing to spend it, if we could attract all the players we wanted, and if the money could persuade their clubs to sell, then why wouldn't the board just hoover up all the quality and the trophies that go with it? Clearly there are limitations on the budget, on the willingness of other clubs to sell to us, and on the attractiveness of our club to players of the highest calibre. For example, according to a 2016 story, Ousmane Dembele's agent says his client turned us down in summer 2015. He said that Dembele's dream was to play for Barcelona and that he saw Dortmund as the perfect place to develop. I've been dreaming of our club signing this player since I first became aware of him a little before Christmas 2015 but the board has to deal in realities, not dreams.

These days, I'm dreaming of Chelsea signing another Dembele. This one plays for Celtic. He's only 14 but he looks to me to be a very special player in the making. If that assessment is right, Barca will want him too and I'll be left to dream on once more. The world in which Chelsea operate is real, not ideal.

On 23/08/2017 at 10:47 AM, Chelsea4 said:

Obviously i prefer Tuchel. I want to see a Chelsea team play attractive football and not park the bus againts Tottenham.

You seem to me to believe in fairy dust. Look what happened when Andre Villas Boas tried to play the right kind of football with a squad that lacked the talent to do it, and look what happened when Robbie Di Matteo adopted the pragmatic approach required to cover up that squad's deficiencies.

You are not alone, we all want to see our team play that football, but we live in a world where Joseph Heller's paradox bites. Any fool can set up to play the way you, me, and millions of others would like us to, but Chelsea can't hope to win playing like that. We don't have the players to do it, and we can't attract those players because, among other reasons, we don't have a reputation for playing that way.

If those other reasons prevent this being a true catch twenty-two situation, it's probably not much less than a catch twenty-one and a half.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You seem to me to believe in fairy dust. Look what happened when Andre Villas Boas tried to play the right kind of football with a squad that lacked the talent to do it, and look what happened when Robbie Di Matteo adopted the pragmatic approach required to cover up that squad's deficiencies.

You are not alone, we all want to see our team play that football, but we live in a world where Joseph Heller's paradox bites. Any fool can set up to play the way you, me, and millions of others would like us to, but Chelsea can't hope to win playing like that. We don't have the players to do it, and we can't attract those players because, among other reasons, we don't have a reputation for playing that way.

If those other reasons prevent this being a true catch twenty-two situation, it's probably not much less than a catch twenty-one and a half.

Actually we play decent football last season, some of the goals from hazard and the combination play were brilliant. We are also a few teams in the league where we try to build from the back.

But we don't have to play that way every game, against spurs without any playmaker we have 0 chance keeping possession

Can we sack him already ? Clearly not here long term judging what he's doing with our youth players. Would get here Candreva, Llorente, Marchisio if he has his say. Just get over it and find somebody who cares about long term future of this club.

Fucking knew that he's Mourinho with different spelling.

I believe that maybe Conte brought in Christensen so he could move Azpilicueta to the wing.
There's no way he can do worse than Moses... So as we have depth in defense, maybe when Cahill is available we'll play him, Luiz, and Rudiger in the back and Azpili and Alonso in the wings. That's much better than any formation that includes Moses. And Conte seems to like Andreas, so maybe if he shows something nice he can even replace Cahill. I still believe RWB and another AM should be our main targets in the remaining days of the window

Just now, Barbara said:

I believe that maybe Conte brought in Christensen so he could move Azpilicueta to the wing.
There's no way he can do worse than Moses... So as we have depth in defense, maybe when Cahill is available we'll play him, Luiz, and Rudiger in the back and Azpili and Alonso in the wings. That's much better than any formation that includes Moses. And Conte seems to like Andreas, so maybe if he shows something nice he can even replace Cahill. I still believe RWB and another AM should be our main targets in the remaining days of the window

It is tempting to play azpi as rwb but i personally prefer moses there.

Moses final ball is horrendous but clearly he is more of a winger than azpi and he can attack defender one on one which is a major requirement playing as wb.

20 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I keep trying to see what Moses can do that Azpilicueta can't do, but I can't see it. Azpilicueta actually gets assists from the centerback position, Moses doesn't know how to pass or cross to save his life. If Moses couldn't dribble he'll be absolutely useless.