The Conte Thread

Which is why Tolisso would have been such a perfect signing (any why it sucks so much he wanted Bayern).He could have filled both CM and RF/LF positions. 

A CM capable of that versatility would be ideal IMO. We already have enough defensive minded CMs in Bakayoko/Kante. 

36 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

To sum it up, we need this line-up to 'save our season'

Courtois

Rudiger - Luiz - new CB

new RWB - Bakayoko - new CM - new LWB

new RW - Morata - Hazard

over to you Board

Well, not expecting to dumped the rest and no 'fixed' line up of course, take a look at our supposed 'backup' 

Caballero

Azpi Cahill Christensen

Moses Kante Fabregas Alonso

Pedro Batman Willian

We will win double with that squad

He probably sees Pep being given just about every player he wants for any price necessary and gets frustrated that he isn't getting what he needs. Man City already had a better squad than us and are adding hundreds of millions of pounds worth of talent to it. We've very obviously needed upgrades to our wing backs since the window opened and haven't signed any. We've now known for ages that Matic is off and that Bakayoko may not be fit any time soon yet still haven't signed another CM.
It almost feels like summer of 15/16 where the manager knows and hints repeatedly that we need more signings but the people in charge of transfers think we're good enough as is or that we can leave it late. I seriously can't even imagine us entering the season after the window closes without signing a pair of new wing backs so I won't panic yet. We surely will be bringing them in. Just annoying that it's taking so long.

Some of you believe he's obssessed with the Manchester teams activity in the market as you are. I doubt it, personally

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Conte hasn't been wrong in saying what he has said but he's definitely channeling his inner Mourinho.

And kudos to Conte for dubbing 2015/16 the 'Mourinho Season'. :lol:

There is literally no similarity between those two. Mourinho was silenced by signing a contract extension while Conte is having none of it.

2 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

There is literally no similarity between those two. Mourinho was silenced by signing a contract extension while Conte is having none of it.

Did I even compare 2015/16 and 2017/18? :lol:

We all know Mourinho loves to throw tantrum - be it through words or action - when things don't go his way and Conte is certainly doing something similar. Only difference is he isn't going OTT with it.

23 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Some of you believe he's obssessed with the Manchester teams activity in the market as you are. I doubt it, personally

Obsessed? No. But he's surely looking at the backing Pep is getting from his club and wondering why the friggin Champions with all this new money aren't going all out as well and bringing in all of the players he wants. It's not like he's asking for impossible targets either if the rumors are to be believed.

We aren't targeting Neymar here. We need wing backs and haven't signed a single one yet.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Obsessed? No. But he's surely looking at the backing Pep is getting from his club and wondering why the friggin Champions with all this new money aren't going all out as well and bringing in all of the players he wants. It's not like he's asking for impossible targets either if the rumors are to be believed.

We aren't targeting Neymar here. We need wing backs and haven't signed a single one yet.

We were sold dreams Chelsea were gonna do a madness in the market.

About 4 weeks left. 

Alex Sandro, Alex Chamberlain, a Top CM, and that should be that. 

Then go all out in January to sign Alexis Sanchez at the end lf his contract. 

Conte's rant the other day regarding Spurs - given some of his other interviews and pressers this pre season, I have to believe it's less a dig at Spurs and more another warning to the board.

We have operated for a few seasons now with a relatively threadbare squad and this season is shaping up to be the worst of the lot unless we buy a few more players before the end of August.

There is also no doubt we've been in a transition phase over the last 3 years phasing out a number of long term servants, and this feels the most transitional of all now that Terry has left (along the likes of Ivanovic and Mikel). We're also replacing two players who have been important during the last 3 seasons in Matic and Costa. 

Tottenham haven't just suddenly become great, it's taken time for them to develop the likes of Kane, Dier, Rose and Walker. Others brought like Dembele and Eriksen have also been given time to settle and develop/improve each season. Pochettino's first season, Spurs weren't that great. But they were all given time to grow and improve. 

If we're not going to properly address the gaps in our squad this summer and Conte needs to lean on younger players to fill those places, that is fair enough and I'd be quite happy to see some of these younger players given chances, but we also cannot expect to be strong initially for doing so.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

He probably sees Pep being given just about every player he wants for any price necessary and gets frustrated that he isn't getting what he needs. Man City already had a better squad than us and are adding hundreds of millions of pounds worth of talent to it. We've very obviously needed upgrades to our wing backs since the window opened and haven't signed any. We've now known for ages that Matic is off and that Bakayoko may not be fit any time soon yet still haven't signed another CM.

It almost feels like summer of 15/16 where the manager knows and hints repeatedly that we need more signings but the people in charge of transfers think we're good enough as is or that we can leave it late. I seriously can't even imagine us entering the season after the window closes without signing a pair of new wing backs so I won't panic yet. We surely will be bringing them in. Just annoying that it's taking so long.

If his idea of being backed is spending £130m on three decent but not world class full backs along with the £50m on Stones then i hope he never gets fully "backed". Ultimately our way isn't without flaws but we have managed to assemble two title winning squads for quite good money in today's market. As for 15/16 the problem's that season went far beyond the transfer window and that season would have hit the toilet even if Jose got Stones and Pogba.

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If his idea of being backed is spending £130m on three decent but not world class full backs along with the £50m on Stones then i hope he never gets fully "backed". Ultimately our way isn't without flaws but we have managed to assemble two title winning squads for quite good money in today's market. As for 15/16 the problem's that season went far beyond the transfer window and that season would have hit the toilet even if Jose got Stones and Pogba.

Conte surely would've expected that his most pressing needs would be met early in the window so he can bed them in well before the season started. We're now done with preseason and haven't signed anyone in arguably the most important position in a Conte team - the fullbacks. 

Would it be the end of the world if players joined up late in the window? No, but it certainly would've helped to get them in early. This season will be a whole different animal. To start the season with no cover in 2-3 extremely important positions for a club as big as we are and with the money we have is crazy in my eyes.

We've had a decent window thus far but we'll need an excellent one to challenge for the title again.