The Conte Thread

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

Well if that's the case, Conte is definitely out the door this summer. 

Can't get a long with his striker, board can't close deal. 

And Conte who gets furious for lack of transfer, he is a goner! 

Not saying it's impossible but do people really think Conte is daft to quit every time he disagrees with the club over transfer business? :doh: I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned about our slow transfer activity but how about we see what happens over the coming weeks before losing your mind over some paranoia! 

Just now, xPetrCechx said:

They will cost 70-80 mil

It's 20MIL less than Lukaku. And if I remember correctly, we do get some money from Lukaku transfer because of clauses we put in.

I think Morata will finish in our club. 

Conte has made his peace with #Chelsea after their failure to sign Lukaku, with the head coach blaming the player and Raiola. [Times]

#Chelsea fear Lukaku is being guided by Raiola because of the his financial interests rather than the player’s sporting objectives. [Times]

1. L'Equipe didn't jump on the uninformed 'Conte is leaving' train a few weeks ago. If they report it, Conte vs. Board is seriously on.

Direct message
  2. Antonio Conte annoyed by Chelsea's transfer window inactivity, especially on Lukaku & club putting Sandro situation on stand-by. (RMC)

29 minutes ago, VivaEmenalo said:

3333.png

I would be pissed if we dont sign anyone at all but we still have plenty of time to land good players. Same goes for Conte, he can't get agitated this early in the transfer market. Yes we didn't get the player we wanted but then for that money I wont feel comfortable blowing our entire team rebuilding project on one player.

After what happened with Lukaku my skepticism level for news online has increased.

1 hour ago, bluephoenix said:

I would be pissed if we dont sign anyone at all but we still have plenty of time to land good players. Same goes for Conte, he can't get agitated this early in the transfer market. Yes we didn't get the player we wanted but then for that money I wont feel comfortable blowing our entire team rebuilding project on one player.

After what happened with Lukaku my skepticism level for news online has increased.

We can't seem to close deals, especially top targets that cost money. 

Look what happen last season, and we had to panic buy at the end. 

Just because it work last season doesn't mean it will again.....

So, the pre-season trainings starts on Monday. Conte himself said numerous times that the team need new players and improvements in the squad. I was really hoping that Conte can start with at least two new signings from the very start of the pre-season with the club. Because it will be the best option new players to have as much long time as possible to understand Conte's ideas, meet with their new teammates and get used to Conte's fitness methods.
But our board does not think the same, as it seems, and I believe it's true and can understand the frustration of Conte from the work of our board, who have done absolutely nothing apart from signing a 2nd gk...
I said that I will judge our transfer summer at the end of the window, but signing players in the end and having in mind that we have to sign players who will have vital part in our team, does not make sens at all. The board should have pushed harder for at least Sandro, Bakayoko(I think his deal is a matter of time, still it took ages) and a new striker at least.
I really hope that the team will be reinforced with at least 3 more new players before departing to Asia and our friendly games, hope the board doesn't f*ck up again.

Conte should go.  He deserves to work with professionals.

Besides the failed transfers:  Where's the new contract for Courtois?  I know where the new contract for Conte is:  He's holding on to it while trying to figure out just how incompetent his co-workers are.

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

We can't seem to close deals, especially top targets that cost money. 

Look what happen last season, and we had to panic buy at the end. 

Just because it work last season doesn't mean it will again.....

true but would be ok with spending 100m on  one player?

I agree we need to close top targets but also we need money to fill up other positions too... the one player that I really wanted us to sign was Tolisso :( 

The only thing I was pissed about the Lukaku deal was Mourinho, he was the reason Lukaku left and now that ******* is getting him such an **********

I would have been ok if any other manager or club had gotten Lukaku just not Mou**** and United. They seem to be on track to shaping a good team.