The Mourinho Thread

Who has Jose been critizising? Anyone got quotes?

Mourinho said he was disappointed by certain performers and knew his team to face Queens Park Rangers at the weekend, adding: ‘If players that played 90 minutes two days ago were fantastic, I expect people who are not playing a lot to raise the level to create me problems.

‘I love problems of choices, and it is easy to choose my team for Saturday.’

Asked specifically if Salah and Schurrle had disappointed him, Mourinho replied: ‘Yes.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2811737/Jose-Mourinho-hails-Chelsea-s-fringe-stars-narrow-2-1-win.html

There's an element of risk whatever you do.

We press high and go for the second then Matic or Cesc lose it in the centre mid or worse do a Gerrard? goalscoring opportunity right there.

Speaking of Gerrard, Brendan needed a draw against us and the title was in his hands with two games left, he decided to attack us and play high up, a decision that cost him the title.

Sometimes sitting on a lead will work sometimes it won't, Arsenal were starting to build momentum at The Bridge, Jose brings on Mikel and that is that. Even yesterday it served it's purpose as United created next to nothing until the late free kick.

If there was a "right way" to defend a one goal advantage every manager would use it and 99 percent of games would end 0-0 or 1-0. Go for a second or hold what you have? neither approach is bulletproof, both can and do backfire and when they do it usually ends with the manager criticised for not taking the other approach.

And the thing that is even more baffling is the amount of people who fail to acknowledge that we actually had an opponent in front of us, one with their own ambitions. They didn't give up and were rewarded.

Mourinho said he was disappointed by certain performers and knew his team to face Queens Park Rangers at the weekend, adding: ‘If players that played 90 minutes two days ago were fantastic, I expect people who are not playing a lot to raise the level to create me problems.

Asked specifically if Salah and Schurrle had disappointed him, Mourinho replied: ‘Yes.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2811737/Jose-Mourinho-hails-Chelsea-s-fringe-stars-narrow-2-1-win.html

To be honest it's not harsh, it's true, hopefully it will light a spark in them to do better, especially Salah.

Respect? Of course but quite a deluded post and I'd like to make a bet right now that in the later stages of the CL/season, but especially the CL its going to cost us, again.

If you actually think we had a team capable of winning the champions league playing expansive football you're the one who is deluded. We didn't even have a striker let alone a proper midfield! We got there because we were able to absorb pressure... Where do you guys get this stuff from?

And how do you place a bet that a style of play is going to cost us? Is that a new wager on Bet365 I don't know about? LOL

It's not like he sought out Salah and Schurrle to criticise them then. He was asked a simple question and told the truth. Disappointed is an understatement for how they performed yesterday tbh.

Like you I hope to see progression from the development squad but it feels to me that I'm more patient than you are in waiting for it to happen. Even if you disagree with that, let's get our priorities straight. Promoting youth products is not an end in itself. If we are able to discover, develop and then select young players to contribute to our success then fine but the real aim is to have a strong team which is as competitive as possible across all competitions.

Your perspective seems to be to take the long term view; to place the emphasis on giving opportunities to young players in what, by common consent, is a junior competition, and not just on winning. I'm sure you'd argue that this would lead to us having a stronger and even more competitive squad down the line. Well that view is reasonable enough but I don't share it. I don't particularly agree that developing home grown talent is a route to competitiveness at the very top of the game and, even if I'm wrong about that, I don't want to put potential silverware at risk in order to pursue that policy.

I enjoyed seeing Ake and Christensen play last night but it would have been no consolation to me if we had lost. In this sense, I want to have my cake and to eat it too. I want kids selected but I want to win. If I can't win with kids then I'd rather win without them. The question then becomes who is to make the decision about which kids to use and when to use them. Here again there seems to be disagreement between us. You seem to have your doubts but I have no doubt whatsoever; Jose is the man I want in charge of our team. One hundred percent.

I've been supporting this club for longer than most users of this forum have been alive, and for longer than their dads have been alive in some cases I'm sure. In all that time, JM, for all his faults, is the only boss to whom I've had any allegiance. I believe he is getting it right. We were, in my opinion, a million miles away from where we wanted to be when he returned. Fixing that was never going to be possible in one or two years. Even if we win something this season, the squad still requires upgrading. I'll be ecstatic if those upgrades come out of Cobham but if we have to buy them then so be it. Jose is the man I want to see making those decisions.

So well said. 100% agreement on everything here.

Domenech is being torn up in German and French media. Such a bitter loser. He is hated by his players, hated by his country, hated by his fellow countrymen. How low can you go?

Don't try and twist this. You lamented my "embarrassing and hopeless cribbing" about youth when he'd started Zouma and Christensen. I merely pointed out that it didn't deserve credit because the suspensions had his hands tied in that matter. Excepting Ake he didn't give a single minute to anyone where he wasn't obligated to. So yeah, thanks for not running Matic into the ground, I guess.

Mourinho said Solanke will play in the League Cup but the moment it came to backing up his words, he turned instead to playing Drogba for 180 mins in 48 hours at the age of 36. He said 3-4 years, yes, but when Baker, Brown and Solanke are not played against fourth tier opposition in the least important trophy of the season while there are 4 seniors either injured or rested, when will the (meaningful) chances start arriving? You think they'll be played in the next round? In the FA cup? In the league?

Why was he obliged to play christsen? Did JT retire from league games? lol. jose chose to play christensen. He dint have to. Jose chose to play ake, he dint have to. So yes, you should be thankful to him. And hence is bloddy embarassing that u r still cribbing.

As for solanke, he dint make the first team squad for yeaterday, brown did. Thats what jose thinks of his readiness to start for a club like chelsea. For heaven'sake we are talking about one of the biggest clubs in europe with the pressure to win any and all silverware and if our manager thinks that some 17 year old doea not have it in hin to start for us, I am not gonna second guess him. As for when will the chances start arriving, when they are ready. Baker is our 6th AM/6th DM. when cesc, matic, hazard and willian are rested it still leaves us with the likes of mikel, schurrle and salah who deserve to start the league cup games to show their worth. We have a massive squad with good fringe players who deserve their oppurtunity. As for baker, he would have started yesterday if jose had thought he was better than ake, which makes him the 6th choice DM. As for brown, I don't think he was even named in the first team squad at the start of the season. And lastly, how did jose playing a 36 year old for 180 minutes in 48 hours pan out? Pretty well I would say

Mourinho said Solanke will play in the League Cup

I'm not really sure, but didn't Solanke play for the U-21's a day or so back? Atleast I was told so. If so, I'm pretty sure that was the reason behind not starting him. If we could start Christensen, Solanke could have started too.

*snip*

I'm not going to lose sleep over what a special one like didierforever thinks of my opinions.

I'm not really sure, but didn't Solanke play for the U-21's a day or so back? Atleast I was told so. If so, I'm pretty sure that was the reason behind not starting him. If we could start Christensen, Solanke could have started too.

I posted his early season quotes in the Baker thread. It mentioned playing Solanke among others in the League Cup but obviously the manager underwent a change of heart when the time arrived to actually practice what he preached.

I'm not going to lose sleep over what a special one like didierforever thinks of my opinion

I dint even quote u dude. U did instead trying to prove to prove Your point which in all honesty u don't have any.

There were 3 u-20s on the pitch along with fringe players like mikel, salah and schurrle. Adding more inexperience in the team against a team which was playing its biggest match ever was a recipe for disaster.

I dint even quote u dude. U did instead trying to prove to prove Your point which in all honesty u don't have any.

You can try being disingenuous now but there was only one post referring to Baker and Brown on that page and it was mine. So even though you didn't quote me, your passive aggressive remarks certainly were directed towards me.

I posted his early season quotes in the Baker thread. It mentioned playing Solanke among others in the League Cup but obviously the manager underwent a change of heart when the time arrived to actually practice what he preached.

Nah man, I get the part that he quoted. Baker was part of the teamsheet yes? Obviously qualification was more important, so it's understandable that he wasn't subbed in. I would be pretty disappointed if Drogba started when Solanke didn't play for the U-21's. Maybe he was tired? We could cut him some slack. We've seen Ake get a few games, and Christensen get a full debut.

Mourinho names two teenagers in the team against Bolton and a further two on the bench. Three in the lineup and two on the bench vs Shrewsbury.

Pellegrini on the other hand names NOT ONE under 21 player in his 18 tonight, the youngest player is 23 year old Boyata whos on the bench. Against Sheffield Wednesday in round 3, no youngster starting, 1 on the bench.

Imagine if Mou went down that road, this place would crash.

Mourinho names two teenagers in the team against Bolton and a further two on the bench. Three in the lineup and two on the bench vs Shrewsbury.

Pellegrini on the other hand names NOT ONE under 21 player in his 18 tonight, the youngest player is 23 year old Boyata whos on the bench. Against Sheffield Wednesday in round 3, no youngster starting, 1 on the bench.

Imagine if Mou went down that road, this place would crash.

He's the perfect Villian. Boring pelegrini doesn't make any story.