The Mourinho Thread

Hopefully Jose can put together a solid team for next season,

Drogba, Anelka, Kalou, Sturridge, Torres ( Then signed Lukaku )

What the hell happened to our attack? Torres, Ba, Eto'o ( Lukaku on loan )

You can really see why we have struggled without good strikers, I am hoping we bring in another face as well as Costa

I think people really overlook the hole Essien has left in our midfield, such a shame injuries ruined him. We now have Matic but Lampard and Mikel might be leaving, the club still has a lot of work to do IMO

Don't forget, we still had Drogba, Malouda in form, Lampard, Ash and Terry IMO in their peak and Anelka who was very underrated at Chelsea.

The current team is way weaker then the one that was given to Carlo and AVB. Let's not forget how well we started 2010-2011. We were knocking in goals for fun. It all went downhill the second Ray Wilkins got sacked. I honestly think Carlo inherited the strongest Chelsea team ever and then AVB fucked it up. Then came Liverpool's secret Agent Benitez who talked us into selling them Sturridge.

We've had some real fucking morons at the helm for years and now that we have the best manager in the world, idiot's are still complaining. Give me one striker like Didi and we win everything this season.

That's one big worry...whether we can find another striker like him in this coming transfer window...Even Dzeko the 3rd choice striker at City isn't available..

That's one big worry...whether we can find another striker like him in this coming transfer window...Even Dzeko the 3rd choice striker at City isn't available..

Didi is a once in a lifetime striker. As a person and as a player, there was nobody like him. He can never be replaced unfortunately.

Hopefully Jose can put together a solid team for next season,

Drogba, Anelka, Kalou, Sturridge, Torres ( Then signed Lukaku )

What the hell happened to our attack? Torres, Ba, Eto'o ( Lukaku on loan )

What happened to our attack? The club put too much faith and gave Torres way too many chances.

I was thinking of Henrique's post the the other day when he remarked how Carlo' team back in 2010-2011 had a truly offensive lineup.

You had the offensive threat of Drogba and Anelka, plus the added goal threat from Malouda (in-form of course) and Lampard. And you have Kalou coming off the bench...

Its probably why our attacking movement was much better, our conversion rate was better...(and yes, the full-backs attack support was better too)...

You look at the top scoring teams season, and you have not just one, but two teams trying to break our scoring record...and both play with at least two forwards in their formation.

I think that's what Mourinho is striving towards, ....to improve the offensive threat from players like Hazard and Schurrle (remember he said he wants him to improve much more next season?) who could perform like second strikers for the team....

its not just about a clever pass from a midfield magician... good attacking movement and goal threat from the supporting players can really do well against a defence that just marks out the lone striker and packs itself with numbers...

MOURINHO: ANALYSE THEN DECIDE

The season may be finishing tomorrow but Jose Mourinho's work will not stop there. In the coming weeks our manager will discuss with the club his plans for the future, with particular focus centred on his squad for next season and beyond.
With loan spells finishing and possible transfers to consider, Mourinho explained how that process, which is already well underway, works.
'I finish the season tomorrow,' started the Portuguese. 'I have been doing a report for a long time and it's something I am going to give the club on Monday. After that the club will analyse it. Then we will meet, discuss it and find a direction to act in relation to every case.
'I am not the club; I am the manager. I inform the club about my opinion not just with a simple comment made in the corridor. I like to do things in the proper way. I like to be committed with my opinions and I always do that by writing them down.'
Included among the players who will feature in Mourinho's end-of-season report are two Belgians positioned at either end of the pitch.
'Romelu Lukaku had what I call a successful loan,' said the boss of the striker who has struck 14 Premier League goals for Everton this year.
'Sometimes players go on loan and at the end of the season we cannot find one positive reason for that loan, but Lukaku played all the time - apart from when he was injured - so he has minutes of experience in the Premier League in a good team, with a good coach and scoring his goals.
'You can say the same thing about Thibaut Courtois. A successful case of loans are the ones we have to analyse. My final report will have in detail these kinds of cases. That's my job - to analyse things, have an opinion and make my decisions. I have to work with the club and respect the club's decisions, but I know clearly what I would like for next season.'
Since returning to Stamford Bridge our manager has often spoken of building a team for the future which shares similar characteristics to the ones that have been fundamental to Chelsea's core for the past decade.
One man who looks like he will form a key component of our side in years to come is Gary Cahill, a near ever-present at the heart of a defence that has by a considerable margin conceded the fewest goals in the Premier League.
'Gary has had an absolutely fantastic season,' Mourinho enthused. 'Two-and-a-half seasons at Chelsea now and for sure this one was the most complete one.
'I believe with no doubt he is first choice for the national team. The experience of a World Cup is part of a player's career and a player's evolution.
'He's really at the top of his game. After that is his personality: he's a humble guy who wants to learn, accepts criticism and reacts positively to feedback. As a player and as a boy I like him very much.'
Another man who has impressed Mourinho with his development over the course of the season is Eden Hazard. The Belgian will, like his team-mate Cahill, hope to shine on the global stage this summer in Brazil to cap a campaign that on an individual level did not often waver from exceptional.
'Eden has had a big evolution in his game and a big evolution in his personality. He had a high that lasted for a long time - many, many months. He couldn't finish on a high because he was injured and in the most important moment of the season - for the second leg against Paris, for the first leg against Atletico - he was not there.
'Against Atletico in the second leg he was there but not in top condition. He wasn't there for the last few matches of the Premier League because of his injury, but he was clearly a player with a big evolution and hopefully he will be even better next season.'

link http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3817446/title/mourinho-analyse-then-decide?WT.mc_id=social_20140510_23654784

I'm gutted because of the way the Champions League ended. And even more so because of the Fact, that we had it in our own Hands to get our Hands on the EPL Title. Winning every Match against the Top Contenders, but squandering oure Chance against weaker Teams is a reason to bang oure Hands against a Wall.

But what can one do. All in all it was not bad I think. If this Team was a well-rehearsed one, the Title would be ours. And we would be in the CL Final most likely.

I think Mourinho has a lot of work ahead of him. Chosing wisely in the upcoming Transfer Window will be an important Task. But getting the Players to grow as a Team a even bigger one.

Way too often I saw our Players standing around, watching the Man on the Ball and waiting for something to happen. In Football nothing can happen without moving and an understanding of how your teammates think and move.

its going to get better. Im confident. Cant wait for next Season ...

I think every manager that mocks or puts pressure on refs should be fine.

I'm tired with this monkey business of putting pressure on the refs.

But the FA should not have a double standards. If they fine Mourinho for saying something negative against the ref, they should do it for other managers as well.

What about the pressure from the media? How many soft penalties and decisions have Liverpool gotten this season because they are the media's darling?

What about the pressure from the media? How many soft penalties and decisions have Liverpool gotten this season because they are the media's darling?

What about the media?

Is the FA able to control them and fine then and all that?

I think he needs to start cutting out all his comments he makes, and he need to start to smile abit more. A few times he kinda got on my nerves abit

Seriously? By now, people should know well not to take Mourinho too seriously since most of the things, if not everything, he says has a motive or agenda behind it. Getting riled up by what he says is clearly what he wants especially his rivals but for the own fans to feel the same way is somewhat funny.

What about the media?

Is the FA able to control them and fine then and all that?

No they can't which makes trying to stop managers putting pressure on refs rather pointless and also unfair because while all the teams have managers not all of them have a media propaganda behind them.