The Mourinho Thread

It's not just Wenger but Benitez. Was good at Valencia and after a couple of years was just a shadow of his former self.

Capello is another.

Awesome in their time but that any manager can last a long time like saf is an anomaly.

Is just human nature, we don't like the same shit and have the same passion as we did 10 years ago.... Well not everyone as I would be generalizing but in average.

Mourinho is just as much an anomaly as Ferguson.

You're claiming Jose doesn't have the same appetite for the game, this is a theory, your theory. A few less points dropped this season and we would have won the league, who would have been questioning his hunger then..

Mourinho is just as much an anomaly as Ferguson.

You're claiming Jose doesn't have the same appetite for the game, this is a theory, your theory. A few less points dropped this season and we would have won the league, who would have been questioning his hunger then..

Is not a theory just a comparison of mourinho the men a decade ago with Chelsea to mourinho then men today.

Does look more jaded and at times unenthusiastic as before.

I think he should have taken a sabbatical like pep to rejuvenate his mind.

Are they serisouly people out there who think José has lost it ? These two past seasons have been the worst of his carreer (only one trophy) but he hasn't been THAT bad to go to the point of "he has lost it", "not so special",etc... Two CL semi + a cup final + title challenge,... Even Fergie had seasons like that, Pep too (last 2 years in football: a copa del rey and Bundesliga with the two best teams in the world), give him a break, he'll be back to his best.

Is not a theory just a comparison of mourinho the men a decade ago with Chelsea to mourinho then men today.

Does look more jaded and at times unenthusiastic as before.

I think he should have taken a sabbatical like pep to rejuvenate his mind.

Jaded/unenthusiastic.. that's a results problem, nothing perpetual. Were you saying that when he was running to the corner flag at the end of the PSG game?..

Jaded/unenthusiastic.. that's a results problem, nothing perpetual. Were you saying that when he was running to the corner flag at the end of the PSG game..

Similar to the one of Porto vs United right?

Well not really, as that was a euphoric run, this one a more calculated to give instructions. Cheeky from mourinho you have to say! :-P

For me the best illustration is simeone. The passion and drive the man shows is similar to that of mourinho a decade ago.

Similar to the one of Porto vs United right?

Well not really, as that was a euphoric run, this one a more calculated to give instructions. Cheeky from mourinho you have to say! :-P

For me the best illustration is simeone. The passion and drive the man shows is similar to that of mourinho a decade ago.

Even 'if' he was very unhappy with no love or passion for the game and only did it to pass on instructions. The very fact he's passing on instructions (with such a display!) means he's got the enthusiasm and hunger to win and see the game through.

So much for "jaded and unenthusiastic" ey.. :rolleyes:

Even 'if' he was very unhappy with no love or passion for the game and only did to pass on instructions. The very fact he's passing on instructions (in that manner!) means he's got the enthusiasm and hunger to win and see the game through.

So much for "jaded and unenthusiastic" ey.. :rolleyes:

True but you who analyze mourinho so much, like with the style of clothes he wears you must clearly see this.

The difference in character of mourinho 04 to mourinho 14.

True but you who analyze mourinho so much, like with the style of clothes he wears you must clearly see this.

The difference in character of mourinho 04 to mourinho 14.

Again, I think this is a results problem, I even said in that thread (behaviour wise) that he doesn't want to dress up for a 'non-occasion'. Look how he dressed at the start of the season for example. Even though I made a whole point of that, ultimately his attire is only a very small crack in the window, in regards to this.

Again, I think this is a results problem, I even said in that thread (behaviour wise) that he doesn't want to dress up for a 'non-occasion'. Look how he dressed at the start of the season for example. Even though I made a whole point of that, ultimately his attire is only a very small crack in the window, in regards to this.

Okay I'll take it as result problem for the season. Next season we can discuss if indeed this was the case throughout the season.

Like Mourinho said, he could have taken the easy option. He could have easily gone to PSG or Monaco and raked in a few more titles to add to his CV.

He knew the task ahead when coming back here and knew it would take a season to adjust, hence why he downplayed our title chances early on. When will people realise there is no quick fix? It is going to take time to get Chelsea back to the very top of their game but, I think Jose is the best man for the job.

We can't keep sacking managers because we went a season without a trophy. We have so many players that we probably won't need and it's all down to no long term manager being here. The fact that Roman let Jose sell Mata says it all for me, Jose is his man and is here for a long time.

Would you rather us win the odd trophy and go through a manager per season? We will be left with players that don't fit managers style and left having the same conversations after every season.

In case some haven't noticed, we have been through most of the worlds top mangers.... Klopp? One bad season and some people would want him out too.

Jose might not bring the most exciting football to watch but he is a winner and no other manager will defend this club like Jose

You have to question Chelsea fans who go about their business in such a disconnected manner. I think it was Spike who said 'you don't have to be a Mourinho fan to be a Chelsea fan', and therein lies the problem. If you support the club like a computer, maybe not. If however you experienced our first period under him and understand the impact he has on the club, then you'd have an emotional connection. It doesn't mean you have to agree with everything he says or does, but it means a level of respect would be apparent in your posts.

That's the problem some seem to have on here. I love Mourinho for what he's done for the club and was so delighted when he was announced back, it was like a dream come true - but if you don't always agree with everything he does (even if you go about it in a respectful manner) some seem to think that you don't support the club and that you're a glory hunter - which is ridiculous to begin with.

Our failed pursuit of Wayne Rooney and Ozil going to Arsenal(Lukaku would have stayed as Ba was going on loan to Arsenal) has been one of the major reasons why we could not win a trophy this year.

A semi final finish is what some teams dream of and we did that without a proper striker. The fact that we were in contention of the league till the last month also shows great potential. Next season will be much better because of 2-3 clinical signings. This seasons experience has truly been invaluable and will help us progress with greater confidence.

A Jaded Mourinho is still has 10x more character than the average manager. Our problem is the squad has too much drywood, plain and simple.

Mourinho biggest mistake this season was never giving up the 4-2-3-1 system. Its a really effective system if you are facing teams like Liverpool or City, but he was using the same system against teams like Crystal Palace. I mean, whats the point of fielding two DM against Palace? Anyone expected a different game with such conservative line-up against a ultra-defensive game? but some people here were saying Mourinho got the tactics right because it was the same line-up he used against Arsenal. I don't even have to discuss this subject, because if you think you should use the same tactics facing completely different animals like Arsenal and Palace, then the whole discussion is over.

I really liked Tx "rhetoric", because it reveals whats is going on here: some members see Mourinho as a special manager because of the period between 2004 and 2007, thats why they are way too lenient sometimes.

4-2-3-1 doesn't mean you're fielding two DMs, not at all. it's mean't for 1 holding mid and 1 box-to-box mid. Ramires is our only good box-to-box and even he gets about 10 feet into a run and loses the ball. If you look back at the Stoke City game. Matic started off as the holding mid and Lamps as more of a box-to-box but as the match warmed up they were switching their roles.

Mourinho biggest mistake this season was never giving up the 4-2-3-1 system. Its a really effective system if you are facing teams like Liverpool or City, but he was using the same system against teams like Crystal Palace. I mean, whats the point of fielding two DM against Palace? Anyone expected a different game with such conservative line-up against a ultra-defensive game? but some people here were saying Mourinho got the tactics right because it was the same line-up he used against Arsenal. I don't even have to discuss this subject, because if you think you should use the same tactics facing completely different animals like Arsenal and Palace, then the whole discussion is over.

I really liked Tx "rhetoric", because it reveals whats is going on here: some members see Mourinho as a special manager because of the period between 2004 and 2007, thats why they are way too lenient sometimes.

YESSSSSSSSSS Ive been screaming this for years ,,, We have players talented enough to play in various systems .. Often we could be starting 4 4 2 0r 3 5 2

This single striker and double pivot drives me to distraction at times

Way too lenient?, as opposed to what exactly?.. only ever criticising him?. There are members here who don't EVEN strike THAT balance.

YESSSSSSSSSS Ive been screaming this for years ,,, We have players talented enough to play in various systems .. Often we could be starting 4 4 2 0r 3 5 2

This single striker and double pivot drives me to distraction at times

4-4-2 is dead and 3-5-2 is for the Italians.