The Mourinho Thread

If Rafa got us the same results, people would be calling for his head right now...

fsw would never be liked @ CFC because of his comments about the Club. Maybe you weren't around 10 years ago, but here is a refresher

rafa_cfclove.jpeg

Then you add to the fact that fsw wouldn't play JT or Lamps. Hell don't you remember when he could have played Lamps & instead he brought in Yossi? Did you agree w/ that? I certainly don't. Again, let fsw eat his tapas in Italy. We don't want the bum. I am happy that Jose is back w/ us.

jose got us 82 points in 38 games plus a CL semi.

rafa got us 51 points in 26 games. we huffed and we puffed thru the EL. if FSW had gone to etihad and won us a game, i would have eaten his shit.

75 points vs 82 points is not a significant difference , the squad has more depth and has played less game. A 7 point improvement is to be expected with reinforcement , investment, and a less taxing schedule.

Hell the Spurs point total the three last years 69-72 (record) - 69 AVB was still fired and the season deemed a failure. I think it's insane but it's another debate.

About the huffing and puffing ....the CL journey was not really a smooth one, was it?

oh... so now rubin kazan and sparta prague is being compared to psg? :lol: great... in your next comment, please compare the defeats to ATM with the ones to soton and qpr. i would love to know a team that does not huff and puff at some time to get to a CL.

vs

About the huffing and puffing ....the CL journey was not really a smooth one, was it?

On topic:Did Chelsea play all their matches vs PSG , or where they matches against superpowers like Basle, or let's say Bucaresti ...Galatasaray ? Rubin Kazan did beat the holders didn't they ? Is Benfica that bad? Was Steaua Bucaresti 2013 that much better than the 2012 version ?

And it wasn't even my point....I was just saying that improvement has not been "immense"

because

75 points were NOT earned by FSW. like i said, 51 in 26 games. less than 2 points per game.infact if u do your math, RDM had a better record to fsw in that criteria.

and I did 51 points divided by 26 games is 1.9615 point per game

82 points divided by 38 games is 2.158 point per game

a 0.19 point difference per game multiplied by 38 games and we have our 7 points difference , I substract them from 82 and i am around 74-75 points depending on the rounding of the number.

This is math :o) And if RDM had a better record and blah blah ...the "improvement" is even smaller .Keep in mind I was not trying to say that Benitez was better , i was only saying that improvement is maybe not as significant as we might believe. A 7 point gap between to seasons only need a one game swing from each season to become a 1 point gap essentially a tie.

in last season, we had mazacar, moses, marin, yossi as our 6 AMs after the winter window. right now we have oscar, willian, hazard, schurrle, salah. in mid we had mikel, lamps, rambo plus an injured romeu this season replace romeu with mvg. only matic is extra. in defence we had iva, azpi, gc, jt, cole, dl same as this season compared bertrand and ferreira to kalas and ake. so what depth are u talking about? its almost the same number.

moses/marin/benayoun ?!!!! 19/14/14 apps this year with maybe 5 goals between them and three of these goals are championship goals , last year everytime one of mazacar needed to take a break the level drop was ...i stil have nightmares.

To say that a 25 millions player is just extra...is mmmmh...well, if i see a thread mocking his performances as long as the one mikel got , i wiil believe Matic is not a massive improvement quality wise.

Ooh and I believe that ba/torres <<<< ba/torres/etoo.

On topic:Did Chelsea play all their matches vs PSG , or where they matches against superpowers like Basle, or let's say Bucaresti ...Galatasaray ? Rubin Kazan did beat the holders didn't they ? Is Benfica that bad? Was Steaua Bucaresti 2013 that much better than the 2012 version ?

And it wasn't even my point....I was just saying that improvement has not been "immense"

because

and I did 51 points divided by 26 games is 1.9615 point per game

82 points divided by 38 games is 2.158 point per game

a 0.19 point difference per game multiplied by 38 games and we have our 7 points difference , I substract them from 82 and i am around 74-75 points depending on the rounding of the number.

This is math :o) And if RDM had a better record and blah blah ...the "improvement" is even smaller .Keep in mind I was not trying to say that Benitez was better , i was only saying that improvement is maybe not as significant as we might believe. A 7 point gap between to seasons only need a one game swing from each season to become a 1 point gap essentially a tie.

moses/marin/benayoun ?!!!! 19/14/14 apps this year with maybe 5 goals between them and three of these goals are championship goals , last year everytime one of mazacar needed to take a break the level drop was ...i stil have nightmares.

To say that a 25 millions player is just extra...is mmmmh...well, if i see a thread mocking his performances as long as the one mikel got , i wiil believe Matic is not a massive improvement quality wise.

Ooh and I believe that ba/torres <<<< ba/torres/etoo.

oh, i dint know we had a problem against bucuresti. i mean i just we annihilated them 4-0. add to that the schalke 3-0s. ya we pretty much huffed and puffed. :lol: also we huffed and puffed against galatasaray? which match did u watch?i thought we got a very early goal with a chance to go 2-0/3-0 up. also is this the same galatasaray that beat juve 1-0 and drew 2-2 at turin. that beat RM 3-1 last year? very good point comparing it to europa teams. keep it up!!!

this was my first post

"jose got us 82 points in 38 games plus a CL semi.

rafa got us 51 points in 26 games. we huffed and we puffed thru the EL. if FSW had gone to etihad and won us a game, i would have eaten his shit. "

did i use the word immense. our we day-dreaming now???

also, :lol: at how to cover up a 7 point gap considering the type of results we got during the end of season.

precisely my point. FSW was crap. he could not get the TEAM to perform. chelsea had literally become MATA. a match without mata seemed like a sure-shot draw/loss. jose has not only solved that problem of being over-reliant on mata but even sold him. so u kinda shoot urself in the leg with that point.

actually, matic was not extra. we had 11 midfielder back then, and we have 11 midfielders now. also marin is again in the europa league final and moses finished a league spot above ours and to be honest dont see how last season's moses is not better than the current salah.

also ba, torres is not that much different to a ba, torres and an etoo who could barely run 90 minutes at the start of the season.

So much is written about Jose´s return to Chelsea here.

Personally, I was very happy to see him at Chelsea.

Over the season, much fun was seen by him. Despite of some unnecessary theatrics.

Jose claims the team is in transition, that´s true. However, this claim will wear thin for next season.

The story tells me, Chelsea finished 3rd & no trophy was gained.

Hopefully, next season Jose will do much better before Roman loses his patience.

Hard to imagine that there isn't going to be any Mourinho presser for the next 3 months. The English media wankers are gonna miss him.

Nah. They will be busy hyping up England to win the World Cup and when they don't, criticize and bash the team from all directions..

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/5/5/5682644/on-strikers-finishing-parked-buses-and-jose-mourinhos-tactics

Our play may not be pretty, but this debunks any theory that we only shoot from outside the box. We actually create enough chances from the box to win games but we don't have clinical finishers at all. There is a huge difference being 1-0 up than going to the break at 0-0, a far more clinical striker and Am will change this.

Mourinho knows what he is talking about when he complains about our lack of clinical players.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/5/5/5682644/on-strikers-finishing-parked-buses-and-jose-mourinhos-tactics

Our play may not be pretty, but this debunks any theory that we only shoot from outside the box. We actually create enough chances from the box to win games but we don't have clinical finishers at all. There is a huge difference being 1-0 up than going to the break at 0-0, a far more clinical striker and Am will change this.

Mourinho knows what he is talking about when he complains about our lack of clinical players.

Did anyone seriously believe this 'theory' though? :rolleyes:

The lack of a clinical striker is so painfully obvious that sometimes people try to overthink things and look for other issues. Sometimes when you hear hooves, think horses not zebras.

video or link ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqRIi9RZUpg#t=20

dint get one for the speech where he says he was not happy with 3rd. games like palace and sunderland would even be troubling the players. that he wants us to be the favourites from the first minute etc etc.

fsw would never be liked @ CFC because of his comments about the Club. Maybe you weren't around 10 years ago, but here is a refresher

rafa_cfclove.jpeg

Then you add to the fact that fsw wouldn't play JT or Lamps. Hell don't you remember when he could have played Lamps & instead he brought in Yossi? Did you agree w/ that? I certainly don't. Again, let fsw eat his tapas in Italy. We don't want the bum. I am happy that Jose is back w/ us.

Ha, I don't like Rafa but most of those quotes are fake.

If Rafa got us the same results, people would be calling for his head right now...

Mourinho better buy whoever he needs and sell the surpluses if he wants to win next season.

I think people have forgotten just how rancid Benitez was. The standard of football was woeful, the substitutions never made sense (he'd often take off the best player on the day for Yossi Benayoun or bring on a defender when chasing a match or some other counter-logical thing), and 'squad rotation' policy was shocking.

On the other hand Mourinho has only been a tiny little bit better and certainly if another manager had done the same things he has done then they would have come in for more scrutiny. That Mourinho has created an unshakably strong cult of personality amongst Chelsea fans allows him to stretch the elastic a lot further than Benitez could.