The Mourinho Thread

No they can't which makes trying to stop managers putting pressure on refs rather pointless and also unfair because while all the teams have managers not all of them have a media propaganda behind them.

It's not pointless, the FA do what they can do in their power. The media is out of their jurisdiction.

My gripe with them is that they are not consistent.

It's not pointless, the FA do what they can do in their power. The media is out of their jurisdiction.

My gripe with them is that they are not consistent.

If they want to stop referees manipulation they'd start with enforcing retrospective bans for diving and acting. That's what's effective ref performances, not managers comments.

If they want to stop referees manipulation they'd start with enforcing retrospective bans for diving and acting. That's what's effective ref performances, not managers comments.

Totally agree but it's their lack of inconsistencies that drives people mad.

Like you discipline Ramires for a rash challenge, fine I have no problems with that.

But Yaya did it and they let it slide....

What happened to our attack? The club put too much faith and gave Torres way too many chances.

Yea definitely, but that's where Roman being a fan rather than letting his manager do what's necessary becomes a flaw. You have to empathize, slightly, he spent £50m and broke the transfer record by doing it.. He was desperate to see that pay off, even resorting to Benitez. That was probably one his requests of Mourinho, to at least try and reinvent the Spaniard.

Hopefully he's come to realise now. Though hopefully not forsaking our spending on acquiring another.

Seriously? By now, people should know well not to take Mourinho too seriously since most of the things, if not everything, he says has a motive or agenda behind it. Getting riled up by what he says is clearly what he wants especially his rivals but for the own fans to feel the same way is somewhat funny.

Why? Just because he is our manager we have to agree with everything he says?

Totally agree but it's their lack of inconsistencies that drives people mad.

Like you discipline Ramires for a rash challenge, fine I have no problems with that.

But Yaya did it and they let it slide....

That's because the FA more often than not just do what the papers and the "experts" on TVs are saying. They run the federation as a company seeking profit and make these decisions as best suite their and the league's public image as opposed to actually implementing the rules fairly.

What happened to our attack? The club put too much faith and gave Torres way too many chances.

I still firmly believe Torres was the main reason we lost Sturridge and he hindered us from strengthening the striker position as we weren't going to bench and write off a £50m investment at the time . He has caused more harm than good and I wished the 2010/11 transfer activity never happened.

Sold/released Ballack, Carvalho, Matic,deco

Bought Torres,Benayoun, Ramires,Luiz

Why? Just because he is our manager we have to agree with everything he says?

Oh Raphael...

This.

I don't think what Jason meant was to agree with him. But rather to understand that he is doing it for a particular reason.

OR in other words, take it with a pinch of salt

I still firmly believe Torres was the main reason we lost Sturridge. He has caused more harm than good and I wished the 2010/11 transfer activity never happened.

Sold/released Ballack, Carvalho, Matic,deco

Bought Torres,Benayoun, Ramires,Luiz

It was the perfect time to release/sell Ballack, Carvalho, Matic and Deco!

For the latter 2, Deco was signed far too late. If we'd bought him from Porto we would've benefited but his post-Barca form was just horrendous. Matic wasn't the player we see him as today either, it was at Benfica he became a DM. At Chelsea & Vitesse to an extent he was meant to be a no10 type player.

As for Ballack & Carvalho I definitely remember people moaning that our average age of the squad was too high.. I vouched for this view too because it simply was. We were relying on Terry, Lampard, Ballack, Malouda, Joe Cole, Anelka etc who were all into their 30s and we were crying for new, younger blood. Torres came at 27, Ramires & Luiz were 23.

Agreed, our reinvestment looks poor now.. But that's the power of hindsight. I have no issues with admitting I was damn excited when Torres & Luiz came to this club at the time.

Only thing that irks me a bit about what José has been saying lately (and has been saying all season) is that we want to transition from the old generation of players to a new one, but then hints that he wants to extend the contracts of these older players.

We have to put sentiment aside here. JT should be the only "old" player we retain. Lamps, Ash, and Cech have to go. Lamps especially, as much as it hurts to say. The whole "recall Courtois and let him battle with Cech" scenario that's being thrown around in the media is stupid. We know exactly how good they both are. We don't need a competition to judge Courtois as if he's some unproven kid. They're both far too good not to be first choice every single match. It's time to sell Cech.

Let's please not delay the inevitable for yet another season and let's fully build our "new generation." Lampard, Ash, and Cech all out and replaced with young players with sky high potential.

I don't think what Jason meant was to agree with him. But rather to understand that he is doing it for a particular reason.

I understan what he is/was trying to do and I still disagree with it. Thus, making Billy's complaint a very valid one...

You have to question Chelsea fans who go about their business in such a disconnected manner. I think it was Spike who said 'you don't have to be a Mourinho fan to be a Chelsea fan', and therein lies the problem. If you support the club like a computer, maybe not. If however you experienced our first period under him and understand the impact he has on the club, then you'd have an emotional connection. It doesn't mean you have to agree with everything he says or does, but it means a level of respect would be apparent in your posts.

This is the same thing Arsenal fans say about Wenger.

Fact is that managers don't stay the same.

They lose the passion and hunger they once had when they was young.

Mourinho said judge him by the work he does recently not a decade ago, fair enough.

This season was a decent one, not a blockbuster. But he also said next season we would be better.

A regression from what was this season, and you have to think that Mourinho is not the same man of a decade ago.

We shall see how the new season pans out.

This is the same thing Arsenal fans say about Wenger.

Fact is that managers don't stay the same.

They lose the passion and hunger they once had when they was young.

Mourinho said judge him by the work he does recently not a decade ago, fair enough.

This season was a decent one, not a blockbuster. But he also said next season we would be better.

A regression from what was this season, and you have to think that Mourinho is not the same man of a decade ago.

We shall see how the new season pans out.

The connection with Mourinho should be innate (minus the soulless robots who support the club like you'd support a FM save), but it's also based on success. The days Wenger was regarded in such a way (even by Arsenal fans) are LONG gone. Thus, any comparison and the infant point you're trying to make become void.

The rest of your post is just the same old 'sit on the fence' rhetoric we've heard over and over again.

The connection with Mourinho should be innate (minus the soulless robots who support the club like you'd support a FM save), but it's also based on success. The days Wenger was regarded in such a way (even by Arsenal fans) are LONG gone. Thus, any comparison and the infant point you're trying to make become void.

The rest of your post is just the same old 'sit on the fence' rhetoric we've heard over and over again.

It's not just Wenger but Benitez. Was good at Valencia and after a couple of years was just a shadow of his former self.

Capello is another.

Awesome in their time but that any manager can last a long time like saf is an anomaly.

Is just human nature, we don't like the same shit and have the same passion as we did 10 years ago.... Well not everyone as I would be generalizing but in average.