The Mourinho Thread

Well we lack consistency.

The only ridiculous one here is you!

Why because I'm not saying anything new, Mourinho himself said it as well!!!

"You have Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill and Azpilicueta and they perform in the sun, in the rain, small pitches, big pitches, aggressive teams, non-aggressive teams and they perform every game from day one to the last day. And you have other players who are fantastic in some matches and disappear in other matches."

Get it? NO CONSISTENCY!!!

We have been consistent in terms of results. What you mean't to say (and what Jose meant) was individual players lack consistency. Players like Schurrle and Willian are not very consistent, though they are still new to the league.

That's not what you meant though, with you ridiculous example of Man City, FA cup. Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word. Man United have been inconsistent this season, not Chelsea.

And I even bother responding to you because you are always moaning and crying when things go wrong, like a gloryhunter. That's why I suggested you go support Bayern, because they have the luxury of smashing Bundesliga teams by 4,5 and 6 and they won their league by 20+ points. You would have little to moan about if you supported them.

Mourinho's definitely right about Ivanovic being consistent - consistently refusing to close down the winger/full back and thereby allowing in crosses from which we've conceded several times this season, consistently crossing the ball beyond everyone in the box and out for an opposition throw-in, and ingeniously deciding to take long range efforts whenever we desperately need a goal. We witnessed the latter both yesterday and against West Brom away. If he thinks Ivanovic is always "fantastic" well then I'm not sure if he's actually noticing these things.

Wow, people even having a go at Brana. I think I'll come back to this thread after our next win. Then I'm sure perspective and reason will return.

We have been consistent in terms of results. What you mean't to say (and what Jose meant) was individual players lack consistency. Players like Schurrle and Willian are not very consistent, though they are still new to the league.

That's not what you meant though, with you ridiculous example of Man City, FA cup. Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word. Man United have been inconsistent this season, not Chelsea.

And I even bother responding to you because you are always moaning and crying when things go wrong, like a gloryhunter. That's why I suggested you go support Bayern, because they have the luxury of smashing Bundesliga teams by 4,5 and 6 and they won their league by 20+ points. You would have little to moan about if you supported them.

I still say what the fuck?

I'm lost with you because consistency is consistency.

One game a lone does not make or break.

If that's the case then shit, saf is a total loser for letting his team lose by 6 goals to city.....

Wow, people even having a go at Brana. I think I'll come back to this thread after our next win. Then I'm sure perspective and reason will return.

'even'? You do realise Ivanovic is and has been absolutely tosh against teams who hand us the initiative? Perhaps if he were defensively solid then his offensive impotence would be less criticised but he's not. In fact he's been a liability when the going gets tough and in terms of how often we concede from the opposition having the ball on his wing. We saw it yesterday, we saw it against West Brom (home and away), we saw it against Newcastle away, we've seen it on countless occasions and no doubt we'll continue to do so.

Mourinho on our strikers and other players..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-torres-etoo-ba-3302263

"I don't think it's the moment to speak about next season and the market, but it's clear to everybody that Chelsea next year wants to bring a striker. That is clear. It's also clear we want to improve our players."

Atletico Madrid's Diego Costa is the prime target, with the Blues reluctant to pay over the odds for Monaco's Radamel Falcao or Edinson Cavani of PSG, although Bayern Munich's Mario Mandzukic is also on the list.

Mourinho added: "What's the future for the [current Chelsea] strikers? The ones that are staying are competing with the striker we are bringing.

"And normally at the end of the season, players that are not playing a lot or players who are not happy and prefer a change, that is also part of the market.

"We want to improve the team and the players and make some surgical movements in the transfer window."

If the article is reliable....that is great news for Chelsea.

As long as Torres & Mikel leave and we sign a striker and a DLP...I'll be more than happy :blue scalf:

In fairness to Ivanovic, he has turned in some world class displays in his time and the club and is solid defensively, just awful going forward. If we had Azpi on the right, Shaw on the left and hopefully Diego Costa next season. Diego Costa is banging in some vital goals for Atletico this season, especially in the title race, exactly the sort of player that if we have, we'd be winning the league by 6 or 7 points.

I was specifically talking about the number of chances...The quality of our chances was poor due to bad decision making on the counter, which was what I was trying to imply in post..;

Crystal palace 1 goal from 14 attempts, and Chelsea 0 from 21 attempts

EDIT: Story of our season, against bottom half/relegation teams

yeah. fair enough. most of the 21 attempts were either long shots or chances created through setpieces. need to find a way to break down teams

There is no doubt in my mind Jose is the best tactician in the UK. When I look back at the games Chelsea had lost, it has been the defensive, bunkered, counterattacking teams who have hurt Chelsea the most. In other words Chelsea worst failures, has been against minnows. After all these years, Jose has not learned to solve these types of teams.

I bet, on Wednesday, offensive minded PSG will be surprised by Jose.

I normally agree with you mate - but you are asking for the impossible here :(

Our team was shipping in goals faster than Spuds last few seasons. Jose has addressed this - knowing we don't have a quality strikeforce.

To return to open football - will likely see us get the pastings that Spuds have.

We can't have everything at the moment and losing by the odd goal in a game we should have won is fine by me - knowing the limitations that we have. 20+ attempts on target and NO GOAL - is that really Jose's fault? Seriously?

If we had of created 2 or 3 chances - sure I could levy some blame at the manager.

But 20+ chances is a lot not to convert even 1 of them!

We have to be realistic.

1st season back for Mourinho - we are challenging in the league and in Europe (CL not Micky mouse stuff) - if we can't be happy with that progress then it's a sad day.

We are a Ferrari body with the engine out of a 1.1 Fiat - looks good, but does fuck all when it counts. This will be rectified in the summer - of that I have absolute faith :)

The Spuds defence is rubbish.

Just think about it, how many top clubs would want Dawson, Kaboul or Danny Rose?

They're getting pasted because their defence doesn't seem to care....you watch all the games where they've conceded 2 quick goals, suddenly their heads drop and the flood gates open!

I agree with the rest of your points....I just think Mourinho simply wouldn't let his team concede 4+ goals in so many games.