The Mourinho Thread

I think that's what you meant lol

When a team plays that many long balls, then you can't possibly pin it on one guy. It means that the front 6 did not make nearly enough movement and did not make themselves available to receive the ball.

When a team plays that many long balls, then you can't possibly pin it on one guy. It means that the front 6 did not make nearly enough movement and did not make themselves available to receive the ball.

indeed as it is difficult to pass the football to a player nearby when there isn't anyone nearby, at least not open. Now, that goes into the quality of the passer too: how precise can he pass? Can he pass into space, where his teammate might get to before the opponent? Can he, with his own movement, open up spaces for his teammates? Like Messi and Iniesta do all the time?

Luiz was actually playing well and connecting his (short) passes until he got that knock (check the stats); from then on it went downhill and he was indeed crap. Perhaps (prob) it is what Jose alluded to: that a player must have the mentality to withstand physical punishment imposed by these small sides in the PL. I couldn't agree more, but it's very difficult (as in expensive) to find 11 rounded players who are strong in all areas.

BTW, John Terry may consistently show the right determination, but he was also crap, but for a different reason. IMO he has had poor games lately, but not as bad as scoring an own goal out of nothing. And this drop of form stems from the physical aspect of his game. At 33 he can no longer play twice a week. Even more so for Lampard who once could cope with this type of physicality. That's where "wanting" bad enough just does not cut it; when your legs no longer follow your thoughts. people around here will understand this as soon as they turn 40 like me. :rolleyes:

You're a disgrace. Couldn't wait to stick the boot in eh?

You actually said you want Mata to 'destroy' us when he comes back with United. That is the type of supporter you are. You have no bottle, you have not guts and you have no loyalty.

See you at the trophy parades though yeah. :yes:

To be fair, Gilvorak pretty much summed up our season

It's not a disgrace, it's the truth, unfortunately.

This team has a LONG way to go

To be fair, Gilvorak pretty much summed up our season

No mate, he hasn't. Once again he's piped up when we've lost again and stuck the knife in on the manager who is clearly still building a team but simply doesn't have the resources he needs because too many cunts were calling for short-term fixes a few years ago and never had any patience.

People like him are the problem at this club. How he can hope that Man United destroy us in the league and then pretend to still be a supporter is beyond me.

Letting Mata go was his dumbest decision. playing Ramires every game is even more stupid.(the dude still is playing on the right wing) other than that, there is no one better than him. we need some midfielders and strikers in the summer.

Just hope he has free reign and total authority to rip apart and repair the team in the summer. The quality in our side pales in comparison to Bayern, Madrid, PSG, and even City's.

I hate to sound like a spoiled fan here, but we need some serious investment. Like more than £100m investment like ALL of the big European sides have done and will continue to do. PSG had the likes of Cabaye, Pastore, and Lucas on the bench, Madrid and Bayern can bring a couple of world class players off the bench at any given time, and City can afford to lose their best player and still be the best team in England. Our bench had a shit Torres, an ancient and past it Lamps, and useless Mikel.

Another drubbing of Dortmund-Real style, I am tired of HIS FUCKING NEGATIVITY APPROACH. SPENDING SHIT LOAD OF MONEY THEN FUCKING PARK IT at a decent team. It really wouldn't have matter tonight if Mikel was playing instead of Luiz or Ba instead of Schurrle, it means fk all.

Just hope he has free reign and total authority to rip apart and repair the team in the summer. The quality in our side pales in comparison to Bayern, Madrid, PSG, and even City's.

I hate to sound like a spoiled fan here, but we need some serious investment. Like more than £100m investment like ALL of the big European sides have done and will continue to do. PSG had the likes of Cabaye, Pastore, and Lucas on the bench, Madrid and Bayern can bring a couple of world class players off the bench at any given time, and City can afford to lose their best player and still be the best team in England. Our bench had a shit Torres, an ancient and past it Lamps, and useless Mikel.

GK: Courtois in Cech out

RB: No one in, Dave move there

CB: No one in or out, Ivan and Zouma to add to Cahill and Terry-potentially best in Europe there

LB: Shaw or Ricardo Rodriguez

CDM: Witsel maybe, Lampard, Mikel, Luiz ALL OUT

ST: Costa/Cavani

Just hope he has free reign and total authority to rip apart and repair the team in the summer.

Blimey. That's literally word for word what I was going to say. :blink:

He's clearly identified the players he can't trust yet he's still having to play some of them because we made such a mess buying players about 3 years ago. He needs to get rid of some of the deadwood and get the players he wants, although I can sense some people are getting twitchy fingers and are about to start a Mourinho Out thread.

I think this summer will be a massive one for us. At least one striker, at least one midfielder and maybe even a centre-half if Zouma or Kalas isn't quite there.

No mate, he hasn't. Once again he's piped up when we've lost again and stuck the knife in on the manager who is clearly still building a team but simply doesn't have the resources he needs because too many cunts were calling for short-term fixes a few years ago and never had any patience.

People like him are the problem at this club. How he can hope that Man United destroy us in the league and then pretend to still be a supporter is beyond me.

I just think people have become accustomed to success, and trophies (myself included)...and that's why when the manager goes through a difficult period, there is no patience and instead, we are sort of hoping for Roman to pull the trigger and get us a new manager.

Is it time to build the new spine of the team? Courtois for Cech...someone for Lampard and Shaw for Cole

I just think people have become accustomed to success, and trophies (myself included)...and that's why when the manager goes through a difficult period, there is no patience and instead, we are sort of hoping for Roman to pull the trigger and get us a new manager.

Is it time to build the new spine of the team? Courtois for Cech...someone for Lampard and Shaw for Cole

The thing is we are demanding £50m+ every single season to sign new players, that means it is MINIMUM to win a trophy because we are spending more than 15-17 other teams in the league on average. It is not as if we got fricking Olivier Giroud leading the line either, we just decide to do fk all about our problems to sign luxury players like Schurrle and Willian because they 'work hard'

If there is one thing Mourinho needs to add to this squad is probably some of the brute force and that c*ntess like Drogba, Costa etc. At times you look at the players and they just look so nice and fanciful but lacking that aggression to bully the opposition and lately, feels as though the players only turn up when they like it.