The Mourinho Thread

It's amazing how Jose's worshippers make excuses for everything he does.

I love the man but he's no saint and he makes mistakes.

He didn't sign the striker we need, made false promises to some players, he said he'd rotate.. etc.

Saying he should "repair the team" in the summer doesn't make any sense.. Why didn't he "repair" it last summer in the first place?

Repair='buying players that I WANT and will fit my philosophy'

False promise='not upsetting the fans but already decided they need to GTFO anyway so slowly isolate then get rid'

It's amazing how Jose's worshippers make excuses for everything he does.

I love the man but he's no saint and he makes mistakes.

He didn't sign the striker we need, made false promises to some players, he said he'd rotate.. etc.

Saying he should "repair the team" in the summer doesn't make any sense.. Why didn't he "repair" it last summer in the first place?

Name the striker he could've signed? There were NO top class striker who have been obtainable since he's taken over. Rotate? Rotate what? Our best XI struggles enough at times as it is. The only mistake he's made is letting Mata go mid season. The De Bruyne sale was just about enough to cover the Matic acquisition. Shouldn't have sold Mata who would've likely prevented us from dropping so many silly points.

The frustrating thing about listening to José, though, is all of this FFP talk. City already had a great squad before this summer and still spent £100m. Bayern have the deepest and arguably best squad in Europe yet went out and bought Gotze and have Lewandowski coming in. United are surely going to go out and spend huge money (at least £100m) this summer. PSG spent £55m on a striker when they already had one of the worlds best. Real Madrid had an insane squad and brought in Illaramendi, Isco, and spent over £80m ON A SINGLE PLAYER!

But for some reason we're playing this "sell in order to buy" game. Why are we playing by these imaginary rules that none of Europe's elite seem to be playing by? No way will UEFA punish any of these European giants. They won't punish us. We need to join these sides.

To be fair, Gilvorak pretty much summed up our season

It's not a disgrace, it's the truth, unfortunately.

This team has a LONG way to go

Normally Gilvorak has something worthwhile to say, but I think he's lost his marbles. Only thing that matters is that Chelsea make top 4 or 3 and round out the squad in the future with quality in all postions. adding guts and vision (minimum 2 players) to the team in center midfield to play with Matic, a strong CF, some fullbacks who can attack, etc.

I was 50-50 on Mourinho returning, but I support him and I think Jose sees Chelsea's problems pretty clearly right now. I think that you can see the future in his eyes as he looks calmly from the technical area in Paris. Whether or not Jose has the tactical and coaching ability to get Chelsea to outplay all squads in Europe is another matter, but I see no problem going forward with Jose for some seasons while this squad is being built-up. The fact remains for me: CFC must still recover from poor decisions in 2011. Just trying to get beyond the consequences of those poor decisions and move on to the future with Jose and a new squad is the ongoing process at this moment.

Gilvorak sounds like his world was blown up by Pastore, Thiago Silva, and Thiago Motta today. Today feels like any other day as a Chelsea fan since 2005/2006 for me. Not had a strong and balanced squad as when we had a strong CF, Duff, Robben, Makelele, Lampard's best days, Carvalho, Terry et al.

To me, it doesn't seem like the wait will be too much longer. It's just remarkable that we are now talking about 10 years transpiring since Chelsea looked so good and so balanced as a squad. and where has all that money gone since then? Not Jose's fault.

Our defence is the most solid it's been since he left (in particular Cahill and Azpi have improved massively this season), Matic is just the dominating midfielder we've been needing, and Hazard has pushed on this season. A quality striker in the summer and a few more tweaks and we'll be making a much more competitive challenge for the title and Europe next season.

Our defense is not as solid as some people think. In fact our defense is an avarage one. One of the reasons we dont create enough chances, is that our midfield need to cover up our defense. Every time our attacking players forget their defensive duties, our defense really looked clueless, and Matic is not helping in that aspect.

Azi has been great, but he is a RB, and he should be playing as one. Buying a full back and a Cb is one of the things we need for next season.

A winning Chelsea and a losing Chelsea alone seperates the true CFC bluebloods from the fake, pseudo, glory-hunting, know nothing "fans" in need of instant gratification.

The only gripes I have with the legendary manager (Mourinho) is that this season he has failed to integrate Demba Ba into the squad and for some reason, only known to him, has persisted with Torres. I know Torres' style of play and attributes are useful to our attack, especially when we set-up to counter the opposition, but Torres' presence as far as I'm concerned in ANY CFC line-up is as welcome as an asteroid to planet Earth.

My second gripe is that his line-up's have cost us points in the league this season. This team is not good enough to even withstand minor tweaks to it. Something as minor as a change from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 sometimes has catastrophic effects to the way we play. We saw it vs Palace recently, West Ham, Spurs in WHL, vs Basel in the 2nd tie. We almost saw it vs Tottenham in the first half especially. Sometimes, he just needs to put out our best team in our best formation instead of worrying about the opponent's qualities, especially when we play against weaker opposition.

Aside from that, he's been fantastic. What many of these thickos, these fake, pseudo, glory-hunting, know nothing "fans" in need of instant gratification "fans".... What they don't know is this. Chelsea have been a joke in the league for the past two years. We were sixth and then a DISTANT third in the league. Forget the CL we won. It was won solely due to sheer determination of our stalwarts of yesteryear. Giants like DD, Lamps, Cech and so on, willing to die for what had eluded them for a decade.

We came sixth, our lowest finish since 2001. Our defense was sloppy and pathetic. We couldn't see games out. Mourinho fixed that. Just last season (and till January), our squad was terribly imbalanced, with our board for some bizzare reason signing so many attacking midfielders (probably in a bid to play more expansive football?)........Mourinho fixed that. Give me Matic and Salah over Mata and De Bruyne any day. We had lost our never say die spirit. Once the opposition took a strangle-hold in the game, we were done. How many times did we come back from defeat under AVB? Even under Ancelotti in his final months?..........Mourinho fixed that....... Our legendary invincibility at Stamford Bridge??? Gone. Teams like Sunderland and QPR for fucks sake came and turned us over at the Bridge. Now we look unbeatable at home ............Mourinho fixed that. In 2010/2011, we finished with 64 points. In 2011/2012, 75 points. This season, we have 69 points, with 7 matches left. MASSIVE improvements all over!!!!! Only Brendan Rodgers has shown more improvement to a big team in the league this season. But 'Pool don't even play in Europe. We were irrelevant in the CL for fucks sake, a Europa team, now we play in the QF's of the CL without a reliable striker!! Which other team in the CL does that??? Every other team has their scoring machine except us. We should be proud to do be amongst the top 8 teams in the world and to do that without a striker!

How some people just don't (OR won't) understand these simple facts, I will never know. We have Hazard, Oscar, Matic, Willian, Salah, van Ginkel plus the promised elite CF......... Some of the finest young players in the world + a 1000 and 1 reasons to be happy about the future. We have the best young stars in Europe and this next Chelsea team is going to be a beast, mark my words. Even stronger than the previous one was because we never had talent as remarkable as Eden.

It's a season of transition guys. Didier is gone, so is Ballack, Malouda, Kalou, Bosingwa, Cole, Deco, Essien..... Lamps on his last legs.................. So please, put things in perspective and stop with the instant gratification.

Really?

Other than Mourinho, the only managers I would have wanted at Chelsea are: Hiddink or Klopp.

Guadiola, I would have preferred him to Mourinho to be honest, I love his type of football and he generally gives youth a chance at the same time developing existing players

Mourinho is overrating every oponent we play against. We have quality squad but he goes extremely defensive in most games. He lost winning mentality that he had before. He never played beautiful football, but got the result in most games. He doesnt have the balls to say we go all out against aston villa or West ham from first minute.

Second problem are our players. No imagination, no balls, no creativity, no consistancy, no determination, motivation, desire, spark whatsoever.

The players dont improve. We bought Schurrle because he was threat from distance. Have you seen him taking long shots here? We bought Willian because he was rick-rolling opponents in Shakhtar. He made the look like fools...even us in CL. Did he do that here? How many times did he dribble past few players and made superb assist for Shakhtar? And how many for Chelsea? Oscar as #10, I have no idea what is the point of him playing there. He is like CM playing high on the pitch and cant make any kind of threat in attack. Wont go in pivot debate, because clearly we need new CM.

Our game has no width, Pastore who is generaly shit player made stunnig run tonight, cant imagine any of our attackers could do that bar Hazard. They dont have balls to do it.

I dont know if its problem in players, or Mourinho, maybe they just need time, but it will be damn important for them to improve come next season. Because at this rate getting someone like Reus isnt that crazy. We cant perform in attack to save our lives and thats terrible. It isnt one game, its been like that for whole season with few very very good games.

We didnt even tried to score in second half. I question what Mou is saying to the players. In the past only win was option for him and he was great motivator, tried risky but efficient subs, something we yet have to see this season.

Im sick of watching us getting bitchslapped every second game because we play like bunch of pussies. Its first season for Mou, but next season will come and I feel Willian, Oscar and co wont change much apart from few new signings...Luiz and Rambo are here for several seasons now and they dont improve either.

Apart from defence, nothing has realy improved and become consistant. Attack is toothless, while midfield (even with Matic) isnt on level yet.

And I realy wonder if its good thing to spend 25mio+ on 18year old full back Shaw when we need more mature, prime age players to lead the team.

Must be really furious tonight...Before the match he said that the positive was the solidity of the back 4 and today, that caves in...

Personally wouldn't give too much thought to this match...This wasn't the easiest match to make a comeback after the Palace defeat anyway, and besides this isn't the team we would have fielded if everyone was available.

Mourinho is overrating every oponent we play against. We have quality squad but he goes extremely defensive in most games. He lost winning mentality that he had before. He never played beautiful football, but got the result in most games. He doesnt have the balls to say we go all out against aston villa or West ham from first minute.

Second problem are our players. No imagination, no balls, no creativity, no consistancy, no determination, motivation, desire, spark whatsoever.

The players dont improve. We bought Schurrle because he was threat from distance. Have you seen him taking long shots here? We bought Willian because he was rick-rolling opponents in Shakhtar. He made the look like fools...even us in CL. Did he do that here? How many times did he dribble past few players and made superb assist for Shakhtar? And how many for Chelsea? Oscar as #10, I have no idea what is the point of him playing there. He is like CM playing high on the pitch and cant make any kind of threat in attack. Wont go in pivot debate, because clearly we need new CM.

Our game has no width, Pastore who is generaly shit player made stunnig run tonight, cant imagine any of our attackers could do that bar Hazard. They dont have balls to do it.

I dont know if its problem in players, or Mourinho, maybe they just need time, but it will be damn important for them to improve come next season. Because at this rate getting someone like Reus isnt that crazy. We cant perform in attack to save our lives and thats terrible. It isnt one game, its been like that for whole season with few very very good games.

We didnt even tried to score in second half. I question what Mou is saying to the players. In the past only win was option for him and he was great motivator, tried risky but efficient subs, something we yet have to see this season.

Im sick of watching us getting bitchslapped every second game because we play like bunch of pussies. Its first season for Mou, but next season will come and I feel Willian, Oscar and co wont change much apart from few new signings...Luiz and Rambo are here for several seasons now and they dont improve either.

And I realy wonder if its good thing to spend 25mio+ on 18year old full back Shaw when we need more mature, prime age players to lead the team.

Curious...was this your opinion during the city game...never thought we were overly defensive against West Ham either...considering the result

But yes, might have been overly cautious for a few of them..

Must be really furious tonight...Before the match he said that the positive was the solidity of the back 4 and today, that caves in...

Personally wouldn't give too much thought to this match...This wasn't the easiest match to make a comeback after the Palace defeat anyway, and besides this isn't the team we would have fielded if everyone was available.

Defense was good till the David Luiz cock up.

If we sell him in the summer hope we get someone else.

Cause mikel is even worse and lampard about to retire.