The Mourinho Thread

The thing with playing Lampard is that when the opposing team have a good patch in the match, which is inevitable in every match, they will completely run over our midfield and dominate us until the momentum changes again.

Today, when WBA went forward and gain momentum for the first time in the match, they kept us in our own half for over 10 mins until they scored and that's because we had no one who can keep the ball under pressure and play the simple pass forward to release the pressure.

Why I also like Mikel in games these is that because he sits back wins most of the cleared balls in midfield and has excellent pass completion, he allows us to keep the opposition in a smaller portion of the field than they would like and forces them to play even deeper.

There really are no more excuses for why Jose keeps playing Frank.

MIKEL MIKEL MIKEL ....yes pity we dont have 25 Mikels

Again NOT JOSE'S FAULT. They play great then lose to Newcastle, play great then come so close to letting ***** WBA win for the feet time in 35 yrs here.

There is no reason to it, Jose I am sure does the same and I can't explaon what the team are doing one minute brilliant the next terrible. We will never win the league like this. Jose was fight if anyone had a right to be annoyed at the ref was us, he was a joke to us.

Again NOT JOSE'S FAULT. They play great then lose to Newcastle, play great then come so close to letting ***** WBA win for the first time in 35 yrs here.

There is no reason to it, Jose I am sure does the same and I can't explain what the team are doing one minute brilliant the next terrible. We will never win the league like this. Jose was fight if anyone had a right to be annoyed at the ref was us, he was a joke to us.

if anyone had a right to be annoyed at the ref was us, he was a joke to us

Bar the Ivanovic 'foul' which led to their second goal (which I still believe had more to do with Ivanovic's lack of ability to effectively attack) the referee got us the result. Not sure how anyone could say the ref was a joke to us, in the last 10-20 minutes he gave nearly everything our way.

We have no right to be annoyed at the ref.

Think he's giving the league and it's clubs too much respect, but the fact people question the reasoning why he was appointed should bare evidence of irrational thought. We're in transition and have a manager needing to get used to our players and the league after a huge leave of absence. Give him time

We didnt WIN the game. If you didn't see the horrendous inadequacy of the refs performance you perhaps need your eyes checked

I edited my post to say that the referee got us the result, which was a draw.

Perhaps you should go rewatch the match, especially the last 10-20 mins if you think the ref had a horrendous inadequate performance. That's laughable.

If it wasn't for the ref WBA would've left with 3pts, that's clear for anyone to see.

Think he's giving the league and it's clubs too much respect, but the fact people question the reasoning why he was appointed should bare evidence of irrational thought. We're in transition and have a manager needing to get used to our players and the league after a huge leave of absence. Give him time

please dont mention the "TRANSITION"

I edited my post to say that the referee got us the result, which was a draw.

Perhaps you should go rewatch the match, especially the last 10-20 mins if you think the ref had a horrendous inadequate performance. That's laughable.

If it wasn't for the ref WBA would've left with 3pts, that's clear for anyone to see.

It's alright pal, I watched it fine, you have your opinion and i have mine.

He was a joke and the fact you can't see that, very odd. The tackles on Oscar, hazard and Frank were ridiculously ignored.

I don't really care. It was a shit result regardless.

Last season was transititon. We have a shot this year

I still don't get why Azpi is playing LB. He doesn't look capable of providing any support for our LW/LAM.

Either play Azpi in his natural position or leave him on the bench.

Yep, especially since we have Ryan who has proven to be reliable when being played.

What a terrible excuse, transition? Are you serious?

We are one of the richest clubs in the world, we haven't won the title in 3 seasons, and those 3 seasons we have been very unproductive in the league. We finished 3rd last season with Mata, Hazard, Ramires, Luiz, Azpi, Mikel and Torres, that's enough transition for me, this time there is no excuse, we have to challenge for the title, no more waiting.

Chelsea fans are impatient yes, but they also have every right to be if we don't challenge for the title this year, because this year should be our year right now, whilst United aren't looking up to scratch with a new manager and all, we should be taking their place.

I don't care what anyone says it's going to be a two horse race at the end of the season no doubt about it, even if there is just 4 games left, it's going to come down to two teams, if we aren't in those two teams then that's going to be a huge disappointment. We can't keep wasting seasons as they go on.

The only player on our current side that can be labeled as 'world class' and in their prime is Mata, and he can barley get a sniff of playing time. Now comparing this to our title winning sides, we had the likes of Lampard, Tiago, Makelele, Duff, Robben (to some extent) Essien, Ballack, Drogba, Gudjohnsen, Terry, Carvalho, Alex, Joe and Ashley Cole, etc. Players that established themselves and were at the highest quality of their football when playing for us. We had the best midfield in the league when we won the title in all three years during Roman's era. Lampard, Makelele, Tiago. Lampard, Makelele and Essien. Lampard, Ballack, and Essien. Jose had players that were in their prime and created/bought a squad capable of winning everything. But that didn't guarantee stability. This right now, is much different than his reign in 04/05. He has a group of young 'potential' talents that need a manager to make them blossom and fill in the roles of the ageing old guard.

Whilst we have the likes of potential world beaters in Oscar, Hazard, Lukaku, Luiz, De Bryune, Schurrle, and Willian. None of them can be labeled as high quality as of right now. While we have players such as Torres, Cole, Lampard, Terry, Ba, Essien, and Eto'o, who can't deliver quality they were once capable of on a consistent basis.

Jose promised stability. And we get stability by working with what we got instead of constantly buying players to fit certain roles when we have talented individuals in our disposal and academy that are more than capable.

By some reactions on here, you would assume the league fucking ended in December.

The only player on our current side that can be labeled as 'world class' and in their prime is Mata, and he can barley get a sniff of playing time. Now comparing this to our title winning sides, we had the likes of Lampard, Tiago, Makelele, Duff, Robben (to some extent) Essien, Ballack, Drogba, Gudjohnsen, Terry, Carvalho, Alex, Joe and Ashley Cole, etc. Players that established themselves and were at the highest quality of their football when playing for us. Jose had players that were in their prime and created/bought a squad capable of winning everything. But that didn't guarantee stability. This right now, is much different than his reign in 04/05. He has a group of young 'potential' talents that need a manager to make them blossom and fill in the roles of the ageing old guard.

Whilst we have the likes of potential world beaters in Oscar, Hazard, Lukaku, Luiz, De Bryune, Schurrle, and Willian. None of them can be labeled as high quality as of right now. While we have players such as Torres, Cole, Lampard, Terry, Ba, Essien, and Eto'o, who can't deliver quality they were once capable of on a consistent basis.

Jose promised stability. And we get stability by working with what we got instead of constantly buying players to fit certain roles when we have talented individuals in our disposal and academy that are more than capable.

By some reactions on here, you would assume the league fucking ended in December.

Okay wait so you're saying

Tiago, Robben (back then) Duff, Gudionsen, Joe Cole and Alex where better than Oscar, Willian, Hazard, De Bruyne, David Luiz and Ramires? No chance mate, absolutely no chance. We have improved massively as a team, and we are set to go.

2004/2005 Ranieri built a side, Mourinho came next season and won it, also in style with only 15 goals conceded within a whole league season. He also made some changes to the side, just like this season we have Willian, De Bruyne and Eto'o.

We have experienced players like Lampard, Terry, Ivanovic, Ashley Cole, Eto'o and Cech, Eto'o may not be a Chelsea legend but he has been one of the best strikers in the world at one point, it counts for something bringing someone like that in the side. Then we have bucket loads of talent and established players such as Oscar, Mata, Torres, Hazard, Ramires and Mikel. To say that it's transition is just a big fat excuse. If we don't challenge for the title this season then it's worrying, Jose had no problem with this, the league maybe harder but our side is tough and as I said it is going to come down to two teams.

I'm not overreacting, I still think we will challenge, I am worried about this month, I still have a little faith in me that we can turn it around. Arsenal have a lot to prove and I think it will be out of us and Man City at the end of the season. And it's simple, it is because we have firepower, and if we fail to do something with that firepower after 3 long seasons, then this season has to be labeled as a disaster and that's not exaggerating.