The Mourinho Thread

Don't get drawn into it mate.

Too many people live and die by the last result. After City we were going to win the league, today Mourinho needs to grow balls, is deluded and was the wrong choice depending on who you listen to.

It's all kneejerk reactions.

I have never been a fan of Mourinho and what is happening is what I feared before the season, we have played a lot of matches and we have perhaps scored only one or two goals in open play after a build-up play, all the goals have been counter-attacks, set-pieces or keeper's mystake by the opponent.

We have the right to say it, especially after the abuse that Benitez received and where no excuses was tolerated while he arrived in a much more difficult situation with players not in great shape in the end of the Di Matteo reign, leaking goals easily, letting the other team shoot and cross way too much. we were much more balanced at the end with Benitez.

I still think Mourinho was not the right choice with the players we have in our squad. His former chelsea team had great midfielders, poweful players and his team was already not playing a great passing game, relying more on players bullying opponents. Many scraping matches back then against average opponents, this time we don't have the players to bully the opponents.

It's all well and good calling it, in a constructive manner, but i've seen some posts saying Ivanovic the worst crosser of the ball, the worst fullback in the world, yet when he scores the winning header in the Europa final and he's the hero. Some people can't look past the last performance and all they can do is blame, when in fact, it was just a fair game of football with some odd ref decisions.

There will always be some overreactions from fans, football deals with emotions (and strong ones), so that is inevitable.

However, most of the criticisms I have seen on the forums are fair ones. People are just expressing their opinions on why they think we are playing so bad and not getting the results...

I highly disagree most of the posts are knee-jerk reactions, 90% of the posts I have read are constructive criticism.

Kneejerk? How?

Mentioning things like playing Lampard in almost every game and using Ivanovic as a winger are hardly kneejerks. How are they kneejerks if they've been playing like that since the start of the season and people have been wary of it beforehand?

Because Lampard and Ivanovic haven't been playing like they did yesterday since the start of the season. The kneejerk reaction is to take a recent run of bad form (which they've both had for different reasons and to different degrees) and apply it to the whole season.

No, you think that if someone says anything negative about the team/club/manager, it means they dont support it!

I think if it's unfair criticism that is ignorant of the position we're in as a club, then I do question the support that people are giving to the club. It's very easy to call yourself a supporter when things are going well and we're winning trophies but those glories don't come overnight.

That's not why you were called a troll. Not to be too much of an arsehole, but whilst we might have our disagreements about Jose, Ivanovic, Mikel etc. the one thing we all agree on is you.

You sir bring us all together.

Well, you have no clue about trolls, we all know it. Therefore, I would like to suggest, just hit the road.

Do not respond to me, as I already instructed you. Not worth my effort with you.

There will always be some overreactions from fans, football deals with emotions (and strong ones), so that is inevitable.

However, most of the criticisms I have seen on the forums are fair ones. People are just expressing their opinions on why they think we are playing so bad and not getting the results...

I highly disagree most of the posts are knee-jerk reactions, 90% of the posts I have read are constructive criticism.

You're right and perhaps I generalized too much. But it's just frustrating to see some so called 'Chelsea fans' slagging off every little thing, or trolling in every post they make.

I think if it's unfair criticism that is ignorant of the position we're in as a club, then I do question the support that people are giving to the club. It's very easy to call yourself a supporter when things are going well and we're winning trophies but those glories don't come overnight.

You question the support of others because they post criticisms on an internet forum?

Because Lampard and Ivanovic haven't been playing like they did yesterday since the start of the season. The kneejerk reaction is to take a recent run of bad form (which they've both had for different reasons and to different degrees) and apply it to the whole season.

Maybe not, but people have still been worried about their constancy in José's side and now teams seem to exploiting that and their weakness (e.g. allowing Ivanovic to have as much of the ball as he wants because he's useless going forward with it). So I still don't think they're kneejerk reactions.

It makes me wonder why people support the club when they say certain things.

Again, thinking that supporting a club is about not saying anything bad about it! :doh:

Supporting a club is just like loving a family member. You will stand by it unconditionally and defend it with all your heart and effort. However, it doesnt mean you agree with everything nor it means you think it is perfect...

We are all here as Chelsea fans, debating what each and everyone thinks it is best for the club. and posting criticisms are part of the package!

I will repeat, 90% of the posts I have read are constructive criticisms from decent members!

You dont get to question someone else's support just because you disagree with them. You are not a better supporter than anyone around here. We all watch the games and give 100% of our energy for Chelsea to win (some have the privilege to wathc it live, some dont).

I like Mou as a coach, I am even a fan. But i have got to say he seems lost. Not only that but they way he treats Juan is very disgusting. Why has he picked Oscar all these games?! He played 11 games (9 full games) and he has 0 assists ffs! His stubbornness is what worries me. He says that he picks players based on performances but what from I have seen he has his favourites. What I can't understand is why? Why would you treat a player of Mata's calibur and attitude like this? He is down to earth and he gives everything for Chelsea he is a player of Ozil's level. Why would he pick Oscar at CFC? Because he tracks back?? How about Ozil at RM, did he track back and defend? NO! And even so has Oscar defending helped us from conceding? Not at all, we have been conceding goals against midtable clubs.

So i really don't understand what is going on atm.

Another thing is he should accept that Lampard is getting old and that he can't play deep. Put Mikel there for now and buy a new CDM in the upcoming transfer window.

Ivanovic is a good defender but he is not good at going forward (playing offensive football) which means that he is a CB who is playing as a fullback. I think that Azzpi deserves to be the starting RB for us. He is very good both defensively and offensively. So I guess that Iva needs a shot to play alongside Terry.

Again, thinking that supporting a club is about not saying anything bad about it! :doh:

Wait to quote it, im editing it...

Not at all. There are legitimate concerns within the context of us rebuilding.

But honestly, I don't think this is a conversation we need to have.

Maybe not, but people have still been worried about their constancy in José's side and now teams seem to exploiting that and their weakness (e.g. allowing Ivanovic to have as much of the ball as he wants because he's useless going forward with it). So I still don't think they're kneejerk reactions.

Ivanovic is playing because there isn't anyone else

People moaned about Cole being selected - he's been dropped. People moaned about Azpi not playing - he's been playing.

I like Mou as a coach, I am even a fan. But i have got to say he seems lost. Not only that but they way he treats Juan is very disgusting. Why has he picked Oscar all these games?! He played 11 games (9 full games) and he has 0 assists ffs!

How many goals does he have?

How many matches was he Man of the Match?

How many goals does he have?

How many matches was he Man of the Match?

The questions are was he consistent? Is he the favoured man? What would Mata do if he played all of those games? Why wasn't he benched after he played below average these past games? Do you think that Oscar is better than Mata A.K.A. the back-to-back Chelsea player of the year? If you can answer these question with good arguments then I'm likely to understand what's going on at this very moment.

The questions are was he consistent? Is he the favoured man? What would Mata do if he played all of those games? Why wasn't he benched after he played below average these past games? Do you think that Oscar is better than Mata A.K.A. the back-to-back Chelsea player of the year? If you can answer these question with good arguments then I'm likely to understand what's going on at this very moment.

He was consistently our best and most important player at the start of the season.

Yes he's the favoured man.

Don't know.

Because he's still important to the team and the game against Newcastle really doesn't count because he was moved to the wing. The next game we won 3-0.

I think he offers different things to Mata, aka the POTY in two poor seasons (league form, not cups).

I thought it was nice of me to answer each question when you didn't bother to answer mine. 5 goals and at least 3 MOTM awards by my reckoning.

Who are these so called " supporters " to question anyone here as to what he/she ought to post here ?

Are we dealing with the prejudice of an Englishman ?

Nothing I say is based on race, creed or nationality. Nobody has reached a conclusion on you based on you being Canadian, for example.