The Mourinho Thread

Mou: 'I'm satisfied, the attitude in the first half was the correct one, be patient, wait for a mistake, wait for space.

This is exactly the problem, u cant play 'passive' football! This is exactly why we lost.

Had we attacked in the first half like we did in the 2nd it would have ended up differently. We would have probably been like 2-0 up at around the 60 min, then u can play your passive football.

One must wonder, why is there no pattern in our attacking play?

We honestly can't regularly play counter attacking football because 90% of the time we will face teams that sit deep with a low block. Mourinho must find a formula for the attack that works and that brings the best out of the likes of Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Willian, KDB, Eto'o, Torres etc.

Its like you said, unless some player brings an "x-factor" with them into their game, we're unable to unlock organized defences...Today it was Hazard, on some days Torres or Schurrle...

There are very few consistent performers in our attack or the entire team for that matter (if you discount Ramires and Terry).

Today in the first half, you could see no-one took the initiative until Hazard cut in side to shoot towards the end. They were playing monotonically (obviously under instruction) passing it out wide to Ivanovic, without seeking more avenues in the center of the attacking third.

Players who once upon a time used to take the initiative, like Lampard, are past their prime and are now largely playing a supporting role. The onus is now on Oscar and Ramires to direct the play and I think they tend to run out of ideas against teams like WBA.

We need a new CM in Jan to help build attacks, and also help out Ramires when defending. No doubt about it. Until then its option Lampard or option Mikel, with neither of them being the complete package. Hopefully option C Essien, can also be given a few chances until we go in for a new CM.

Identity : no

Motivation: no

Results: not really (check manu's position tomorrow)

Looks like a game plan: no

Some players favoritism: yes

Some players going to be frustrated: yes

The november curse: no, unless you believe in unicorns as well

I refuse to tackle players!!! I find this a leaders responsability. But that might just be a taboo, just as Mou's comments after the game are window dressing escapisms.

Inexplicable selection of Lampard today, which of course, bore no fruit as the Premier League isn't a fucking Sunday League game that gives you freedom to field passengers, he's only got himself to blame for today's result.

Back to the drawing board and I suggest he looks up the meaning of the word meritocracy.

Think a couple of you guys should apply to become a manager, seriously what the fuck do any of you guys know how to set up a team? None of us do, so stop bitching. It's clear we need 1 or 2 players more for Mourinho's system/philosophy so just deal with it until then. 11 games into a season.

I don't think he is used to working with squads where the most influencial players are out of their primes

that's actually a good point and it may be one of his flaws... he does help influential players peaking, but as none of AM except Willian and Mata are close to peaking (they're on their peaks imo), he's struggling and the players are struggling.

I'm pissed, but I'm also patient, we all knew it would happen, we all knew it wouldn't be easy at first.

Mou: 'I'm satisfied, the attitude in the first half was the correct one, be patient, wait for a mistake, wait for space.

This is exactly the problem, u cant play 'passive' football! This is exactly why we lost.

Had we attacked in the first half like we did in the 2nd it would have ended up differently. We would have probably been like 2-0 up at around the 60 min, then u can play your passive football.

WORD

Think a couple of you guys should apply to become a manager, seriously what the fuck do any of you guys know how to set up a team? None of us do, so stop bitching. It's clear we need 1 or 2 players more for Mourinho's system/philosophy so just deal with it until then. 11 games into a season.

So what? just because Mou is a better manager than us we can't criticise him?

Are any of us better than Mata, Oscar, Hazard? ofc not, but we all criticise them, rightly so.

I'm sorry but either Mourinho is drunk here or he's just deluded...

Are we actually already seeing fans calling the manager deluded?

From his appointment people knew this was a team in transition, and the trouble areas are still to be addressed. What we need is patience and a commitment to the belief that he is the best man for the job. I still think he is.

And yes, I know today was frustrating but that's part of supporting a football club. You don't get instant success anymore, it takes time but to see some types of supporters turning aiming these barbs at the manager is a little hysterical.

From his appointment people knew this was a team in transition, and the trouble areas are still to be addressed. What we need is patience and a commitment to the belief that he is the best man for the job. I still think he is.

And yes, I know today was frustrating but that's part of supporting a football club. You don't get instant success anymore, it takes time but to see some types of supporters turning aiming these barbs at the manager is a little hysterical.

I agree, but I guess the people who wrote this were just showing their frustration towards Mou, I mean how can he possibly think that we did a good job today?

It doesn't mean that we're not supporting him or that we want him gone or anything like that.

I trust in Mou and I accept the fact that it's gonna be some time untill we are a top team.

Am I even saying that I want him out? No. All I'm basically saying his comments are rather nonsensical when the performances contradict what he said there. Don't have to get all worked up and jump to conclusions.

This!

I agree, but I guess the people who wrote this were just showing their frustration towards Mou, I mean how can he possibly think that we did a good job today?

It doesn't mean that we're not supporting him or that we want him gone or anything like that.

Am I even saying that I want him out? No. All I'm basically saying his comments are rather nonsensical when the performances contradict what he said there. Don't have to get all worked up and jump to conclusions.

This!

No, you're asking if he's deluded. Personally I think the reactions on here are quite funny and they're taking my mind off the game which was frustrating to say the least.

Oh, and Jose isn't unfamiliar with making seemingly bizarre comments post-match. Surprised people don't just laugh them off.

Just great word that explain football we are playing...PASIVE.. Jose let them.play football.and.not just think about defence and.wait for something that won't come... WHat's wrong with him and de bruyne? He can play.CM and he's better than lampard for sure... I want us to play attacking football at least against WBA...ccc...he should start playing MATA and hazard together, and find some attacking flow...

Wait what? What is the point in the existence of this forum then?

No, you're asking if he's deluded. Personally I think the reactions on here are quite funny and they're taking my mind off the game which was frustrating to say the least.

Oh, and Jose isn't unfamiliar with making seemingly bizarre comments post-match. Surprised people don't just laugh them off.

Aah yes. We are wrong and you are right. We are all obviously the silly and delusional ones..... :rolleyes: