The Mourinho Thread

It's not joke guys...

The thing is that San Siro (Inter's stadium) will probably host CL 2016 Final. ;)

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2013/June/25/san-siro-could-host-2016-champions-league-final/n233369/

Cool cause I was going to say what the heck?

He said he wanted to stay here for a long time and then this?

Then I said to myself it must be a misunderstanding.

And it seems like it was true.

We have had 1 pre season game. Give the guy a chance. If he thinks he can work some magic in our midfield then that is fine with me. In Mourinho i trust and he will do what he thinks is best. Sure i would have loved to see DDR join, but its not always as simple as that.

And you can't complain at his lack of arrogance when the season is still a month a way. Give him a chance.

I do like the Godfather nickname.

The happy one sounded so gay....pardon the homo reference, but I been watching too much Family Guy and TED! :D

And the Special One, always sounded like a mentally retarded tag you give to someone "Special"

So the Godfather got a better sound to it. A more mature nickname for a more mature manager.

When a reporter mentioned 'Rooney', Mourinho jokingly told him, "Forbidden word! Go to the wall and turn your back for two minutes!"
Mourinho also said other managers are welcome to all his dossiers on coaching - but they can't put a USB "in my brain" and download that.
Mourinho on Moyes: "When he finished 4th, it's a trophy,He didn't take a medal home but for me, it's a trophy."
Oh, he is back, alright! :D

He actually said that about David Moyes???

Wenger criticised for saying 4th is a trophy. Mourinho on Moyes: "When he finished 4th, it's a trophy. " - Where's the criticism???Darren Can@Darren_Can

Mou: "He didn't take a medal home but for me, it's a trophy." One paper called it "classic Mourinho." Stark contrast to Wenger bashing.

In context it's slightly less damning with faint praise, but it's still a nice insight.

That task is to overthrow Manchester United while also fending off the threat of Manuel Pellegrini's Manchester City, Wenger's Arsenal and Villas-Boas at Spurs. It is David Moyes at Old Trafford who draws the focus, a manager awaiting his first major honour and tasked with succeeding Ferguson, one of the greatest managers of all time. "Before I won the first trophy I had not won anything, so everyone is the same," said Mourinho. "He is experienced. To win trophies with Everton is not easy. When he finished fourth or fifth there, he didn't take the medal home but it's a trophy.

"One of the most difficult things in the club is to create a victory culture, one where you walk through the front door and smell the success, smell the confidence, smell the self-esteem. When I first came to Chelsea we were training at Harlington [the former university sports ground now occupied by Queens Park Rangers] and the only trophy they had from the previous season was the Malaysian Cup they won here. Now Chelsea is a big club.

"But other times you arrive and just think: 'This is already a big club.' David is in a big club with a winning culture already there, and that is a help. Everybody there knows how to win, but he must be the proudest man in the world and has a huge chance.

"City have bought four important players who will improve their fantastic squad. In my first time here people always put pressure on me, saying: 'You buy this, you spend that, you buy the title.' So I hope now they say that about the other side. But it's not about the money. It's always difficult to win. You can have the best players in the world, but you will have other kinds of problems to deal with, in terms of some choices, changes, rotations and turnovers."

Although we haven't kicked a competitive ball yet, Jose has reminded me why he is the best in the world.

Most manager's would have probably gone along with loaning KDB back out, Jose said no and brought him back in, most manager's would have just said yes to MVG's loan request, Jose said no.

He just always seem's to be that step ahead.