The Mourinho Thread

This thread was having a nice discussion going on with people with different opinions sharing them in a civilized manner. Don't try and spoil it with idiotic comments like that which comes across as nothing more then trying to start some kind of flame war.

100%...

But what's your personal problem with Mourinho?

well i know how these civilized discussions end with u... i have been down this road and burned big time... plus what are u arguing about? jose was signed one and a half month ago, we have yet to play a pre-season match with him, and the only thing he has done is try to get a strong squad for the up coming season which he already has by some good signings and trust in youth. so as i see it U r still pissed with the signing of MOU due to some stupid personal thing and are gonna use the same old arguments agaisnt him.

Of course previous discussions were not helped when everyone was emotionally charged and heads were clashing with each other.

At the moment I see none of that, and you just come across at the moment as someone who wants pick a fight with someone because they said something you disagreed with it.

Of course previous discussions were not helped when everyone one was emotionally charged and heads were clashing with each other.

At the moment I see none of that, and you just come across at the moment as someone who wants pick a fight with someone because they said something you disagreed with it.

you dint say anything that i disagree with. but today is the first match of the season or the pre-season. the start of a new dawn if you will. can i understand your thought process in continuing to ridicule jose on something as trivial as his press conferences that too on this day???

i am a massive DD fan but when the club decided to give FT the no.1 striker tag at the end of the 2011-12 season, i cribbed for a week or 2 but then got behind the blondie (even though that dint help much). now is the time for u to do that. even if u hate jose, and had wanted any MR.XYZ to coach the club, the club appointed MOU,who is here to stay for a long long time, if things dont go well and fall apart, u can say "I TOLD U SO", but right now show your support and get behind him and the team.

100%...

But what's your personal problem with Mourinho?

Its not a personal problem per say (I don''t have a picture of him on a dart board for example). I guess it comes across that I don't see the whole image that "Chelsea is Jose's only true love and they were meant to be with each other for ever" being made as anything of a facade. It would take a fully-developed essay to do that and I have not got the energy to do that in the heat where I live.

you dint say anything that i disagree with. but today is the first match of the season or the pre-season. the start of a new dawn if you will. can i understand your thought process in continuing to ridicule jose on something as trivial as his press conferences that too on this day???

i am a massive DD fan but when the club decided to give FT the no.1 striker tag at the end of the 2011-12 season, i cribbed for a week or 2 but then got behind the blondie (even though that dint help much). now is the time for u to do that. even if u hate jose, and had wanted any MR.XYZ to coach the club, the club appointed MOU,who is here to stay for a long long time, if things dont go well and fall apart, u can say "I TOLD U SO", but right now show your support and get behind him and the team.

All I did was comment on what Jose said about the Europa league,m which to me came across as distasteful. I don't think I commented anything about Jose himself between now and when he was resigned as manager, and certainly the first pre-season match did not come into my mind when I made that comment.

All I did was comment on what Jose said about the Europa league,m which to me came across as distasteful. I don't think I commented anything about Jose himself between now and when he was resigned as manager, and certainly the first pre-season match did not come into my mind when I made that comment.

apart from again bringing up the fact (i know what jose did wrong and wont be a hypocrite in trying to prove him right in this) that he got his tactics wrong, he has not taken us to a european cup final and won it, sour grapes and all...

not the ideal things to read before his first match in the dug-out.

Mourinho is the best thing that ever happened to this football club, it must be a really shitty existence being a Chelsea fan and hating him..

Sort of like being a fan of pizza but lactose intolerant.

The best thing to happen to this club???

Now that's fucking insane!

Only one men and that's roman!

If he wants to fire Mourinho half way season then who gives a fuck!

As long as we got roman we are good.

The best thing to happen to this club???

Now that's fucking insane!

Only one men and that's roman!

As long as we got roman we are good.

Besides Roman, obviously (shouldn't have to mention that on a Chelsea forum ffs)

He's not an idiot. If we have a bad spell under Jose, he just needs to be reminded of what happened the last time he was sacked. I.e.. lack of an identity, player power increased, could only win the league & CL by the grit of our teeth etc etc.

I don''t have a picture of him on a dart board for example

Weird I was totally picturing you with that kind of picture on a dart board aiming at him and laughing like Dr. Evil. Jokes aside I respect you to have a diffrent opinion from the general one!

oh come on, mourinho only set his target straight in his interview, he will be dissapointed if chelsea win the europa league again, why? because chelsea are not meant for europa league...

okay, honestly i am happy that chelsea won the europa league, but surely that winning the europa league is a regress, even though chelsea won it after they won the UCL, its still a regress, europa league was meant for the lower clubs...

Its not a personal problem per say (I don''t have a picture of him on a dart board for example). I guess it comes across that I don't see the whole image that "Chelsea is Jose's only true love and they were meant to be with each other for ever" being made as anything of a facade. It would take a fully-developed essay to do that and I have not got the energy to do that in the heat where I live.

Sam it does seem that you have a problem with him that runs deep because you have criticised him to no end ! You are constantly highlighting his failures when in all honesty its not easy to find any manager that has been as successful as him at his age. I respect your opinions though !

Besides Roman, obviously (shouldn't have to mention that on a Chelsea forum ffs)

He's not an idiot. If we have a bad spell under Jose, he just needs to be reminded of what happened the last time he was sacked. I.e.. lack of an identity, player power increased, could only win the league & CL by the grit of our teeth etc etc.

There is no besides roman ffs. It's only one thing and that's it.

The best thing to ever happen to a club is usually attributed to one single thing or person. Like best thing since slice bread.

Otherwise explain yourself better.... As you did now.

And I'm sure he noticed that, but also knows he does not have to give a fuck if he is enjoying it. Has more money to buy a total new squad if he wanted.

But it's his smartness to spot things like that, which makes him the best thing ever for this club.

Sam it does seem that you have a problem with him that runs deep because you have criticised him to no end ! You are constantly highlighting his failures when in all honesty its not easy to find any manager that has been as successful as him at his age. I respect your opinions though !

I just think we are making the wrong choice about hiring him again and then try and big him up as a manager to stay with us for as long as 15 years. Considering that his whole basis for his previous success is based on very hedonistic short term decisions - so there is a fear that it will all end in disaster, maybe not this season, or the next. But certainly if the problems that came from the first time he was here resurface.

Even with the heat where I live (its like 50 degrees) I don't have the energy for that..

but i don't know where u got the impression that Chelsea and Mourinho were meant to be together forever...neither Jose nor the fans say that.

he's just a good coach who helped bring glory to Chelsea after years of drought...and thats why ppl are happy he's back (if I may say ppl)

I just think we are making the wrong choice about hiring him again and then try and big him up as a manager to stay with us for as long as 15 years. Considering that his whole basis for his previous success is based on very hedonistic short term decisions - so there is a fear that it will all end in disaster, maybe not this season, or the next. But certainly if the problems that came from the first time he was here resurface.

He didn't want to leave first time ! He left because he made a silly comment about omelettes and Roman felt that he hadn't appreciated the money he'd spent in the past most of it being under Ranieri by the way. Roman stopped spending all of a sudden and we started to struggle with free signings like Ben Haim, Sidwell and Pizzaro ! Look at what happened to Mancini at City !

He didn't want to leave first time ! He left because he made a silly comment about omelettes and Roman felt that he hadn't appreciated the money he'd spent in the past most of it being under Ranieri by the way. Roman stopped spending all of a sudden and we started to struggle with free signings like Ben Haim, Sidwell and Pizzaro ! Look at what happened to Mancini at City !

Wait, when chelsea bought them, wasnt it because chelsea was banned from transfer windows because of the controversial signing of kakuta???

I do have my reservation for this.

The model we want normally has not been a template for him.

I was more in board with AVB. However he came here too soon, and our players also screw it up. Oh well!

Then there was pep, but he chose Bayern. Oh well!

Then there was klopp but he did not wanted to come. Oh well!

So now we had no better option but go back to Mourinho.

Like I said his past work does not fit this model, but if he wants to take a stab at it then it's merited.

He has done good and has experience.

There was no way roman would let that pass by after missing on his primary target.

Cause let's face it, for this project of youthful attractive style the AVB, pep and klopp have better credentials. But could not get them and we move on.