The Mourinho Thread

Taking swipes at Benitez's 'achievement'?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23330815

Well he has a point.

Winning the EL should not be a big achievement for the club.

That's if we regard our self as a big club.

But a swipe at Benitez? Nonsense, he won it with Chelsea. Otherwise he would take a swipe at Chelsea!!!

And repeatedly getting knocked out of the semi-finals was a joy to watch. Ignoring the fact that we also won the Champions league and by winning the Europa league become one of the few teams to win all major European competitions, none of which were done by him with us.

Seems to me that he is very bitter and jealous that Benitez did something that Jose has never managed with us. Take us to major a European final and also win it. Sour grapes and all.

I don't know what I'm more surprised about. The fact this article isn't in this thread or in any other that came to my attention or the lack of repercussion here...

Transfer news: Jose Mourinho rules out sales at Chelsea

Jose Mourinho insists Chelsea have no need to sell any of their key men this summer, including Branislav Ivanovic.

Reports have suggested that the Blues might look to trim their squad during the current transfer window, with Ivanovic, Juan Mata and David Luiz among those said to be attracting interest from afar.

Mourinho, though, says the club remain on a sound financial footing and have no intention of sanctioning the sale of senior professionals who have a big part to play heading forward.

On the Ivanovic rumours, the Portuguese told Sky Sports News: "They didn't contact Chelsea. If there was any interest, it was not official.

"As a manager, a board, we have the responsibility of running the club, and the owner, and we are very, very clear that there is no chance that Ivanovic will leave Chelsea."

Asked if any departures are required, he added: "No. The club is solid. The club is very well organised, the numbers are correct.

"We as a club want to follow the Financial Fair Play rules, but we are in a very stable situation.

"I like the squad, I like the profile. I like the fact we have a very young squad with three or four experienced players that are still in a fantastic moment of their career."

While Mourinho is not expecting to move players on, he also claims to be happy with the attacking talent at his disposal and feels no need to bolster a strike force which includes the likes of Fernando Torres, Demba Ba and Romelu Lukaku.

He said: "We have strikers. The market is open and anything can happen, but it depends on the opportunities and it depends if the market really starts, because at the moment the market is very stopped.

"We are okay, we are very much okay. If the transfer window closed tomorrow and we do nothing, I am more than happy."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8827128/Transfer-news-Jose-Mourinho-rules-out-sales-at-Chelsea

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/16/jose-mourinho-chelsea-fernando-torres?mobile-redirect=false

"We will play 4-2-3-1 in the first game, my favourite system, though sometimes I change the triangle and play with one in front of the defenders and two players up," Mourinho said. "Other times I play with double midfielders and a No10. This is a team where we have not one or two but three or four players who like very much to be a No10: [Kevin] De Bruyne likes it, Oscar likes it, Mata likes it, [Eden] Hazard likes it. It is a natural system for all these players to play.

"But in another match I could change it. If we are losing, we might need to have two pure strikers. It is something we will work on because I would like to have this capacity to have it ready to play, independent of the players we have. Naturally, we will have four at the back and in my team, the attackers are attackers. Some guys say we play 4-2-3-1, blah blah blah blah, and sometimes the attackers have a defensive job so it is more like 4-5-1. But it is not 4-5-1, it is 4-3-3.

"With Mata, I need to get to know him better. I like sometimes to play with what I call 'wingers with the wrong foot' – right-footed men on the left and left-footed men on the right. He is the only left-footed player we have when we want to play with a winger on the right side, but the competition is hard. We will have Schurrle, De Bruyne, Mata, Oscar, Hazard and Moses for these three positions and so we have many more options than Chelsea had in the last year. These are crucial positions for me. I like these players to play with high intensity so to have five players for three positions is, I think, brilliant for me. It's fantastic."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10183738/Jose-Mourinho-in-awe-over-his-Chelsea-animal-trio.html

-When I read the news, I thought the "animal trio" were Mata, Oscar and Hazard, but in fact its Lampard, Cole and Terry...

And repeatedly getting knocked out of the semi-finals was a joy to watch. Ignoring the fact that we also won the Champions league and by winning the Europa league become one of the few teams to win all major European competitions, none of which were done by him with us.

Seems to me that he is very bitter and jealous that Benitez did something that Jose has never managed with us. Take us to major a European final and also win it. Sour grapes and all.

What should a triple European Champions be jealous of - sure a good coach - but not on the same level ? I mean, he wished best of luck for Rafael when he was at Real Madrid, he may doesnt like Rafa, but the respect between them is there.He only pointed that we should never play this competition and he is right, CFC doesnt play Europa League, CFC play the Champions League.

We all know that we had a very easy draw until the final.If we had José as a coach he would also have won it for us.Now repeatedly knocked out ? Where were you when Liverpool scored the ghost goal ? Is José's fault ? Penalties ? maybe you were not a Chelsea supporter by then, because if you really was, you'd understand what I'm saying much better.

What should a triple European Champions be jealous of - sure a good coach - but not on the same level ? I mean, he wished best of luck for Rafael when he was at Real Madrid, he may doesnt like Rafa, but the respect between them is there.He only pointed that we should never play this competition and he is right, CFC doesnt play Europa League, CFC play the Champions League.

We all know that we had a very easy draw until the final.If we had José as a coach he would also have won it for us.Now repeatedly knocked out ? Where were you when Liverpool scored the ghost goal ? Is José's fault ? Penalties ? maybe you were not a Chelsea supporter by then, because if you really was, you'd understand what I'm saying much better.

I remember those games, and I remember a lot of people highlighting that Mourinho got is tactics all wrong in both games. And while we lost the first on due to dubious decisions, it is especially the later where we lost due to Jose's obsession to play a defensive counter attacking style that Rafa took advantage of as we did not try an take the initiative.

For a man who supposedly has Chelsea as his one true love in life you would think he would give huge praise to Chelsea about us the last few years. Wining the Champions league and the Europe league in the space of two years, achieving the rare feat of holding both major European trophies at the same time. Not to mention joining an elite group to have won all major European trophies. But since he was not a part of it which does not fuel his ego he just brushes them off or or even puts into a negative light.

I remember those games, and I remember a lot of people highlighting that Mourinho got is tactics all wrong in both games. And while we lost the first on due to dubious decisions, it is especially the later where we lost due to Jose's obsession to play a defensive counter attacking style that Rafa took advantage of as we did not try an take the initiative.

For a man who supposedly has Chelsea as his one true love in life you would think he would give huge praise to Chelsea about us the last few years. Wining the Champions league and the Europe league in the space of two years, achieving the rare feat of holding both major European trophies at the same time. Not to mention joining an elite group to have won all major European trophies. But since he was not a part of it which does not fuel his ego he just brushes them off or or even puts into a negative light.

José Mourinho cant always give the fans the perfect answer, no doubt he enjoyed our sucess in 2012 and was also happy when we won the Europa League, but its better for the players to have the mentality of "I dont play the Europa League" rather than have the mentality of "Even if we lose, there is still the Europa League" Uefa Cup is for losers, and last season we won it, but the satisfaction wasnt there.I prefer to be in the Champions League and get knocked out in the Semis every year, than winning this cup.Yes he didnt gave the perfect answer, because there is people like you who prefers to focus on what he missed, but in the end of the season, pretty sure his way will lead us to trophies and that's what matter.

It's not a dig at Benitez though, he's just simply saying that he doesn't want CFC to compete at Europa League level. I don't know why you're extrapolating anything sinister from that.

Mourinho has come out several times about Chelsea, in his first interview when he was reappointed as manager it's pretty evident that he's been a fan. Also here for example:

"I think Chelsea's boys were heroes [against Barcelona], absolute heroes. Some people think they are the masters of the game and they will criticise Chelsea in the same way that they criticised Inter two years ago, but they know nothing. Nothing.

"They know nothing about character and personality. They know nothing about the effort or what it is to resist physically, emotionally and technically, with 10 men. They know nothing about organisation. They know nothing. That's why my heroes at Chelsea are in my mind and why Chelsea deserve to be in the final. One of the great things about football is that it is unpredictable. Chelsea have fantastic fans and so do Bayern Munich so I hope they enjoy the final. And I hope Chelsea win."

It's not a dig at Benitez though, he's just simply saying that he doesn't want CFC to compete at Europa League level. I don't know why you're extrapolating anything sinister from that.

Mourinho has come out several times about Chelsea, in his first interview when he was reappointed as manager it's pretty evident that he's been a fan. Also here for example:

"I think Chelsea's boys were heroes [against Barcelona], absolute heroes. Some people think they are the masters of the game and they will criticise Chelsea in the same way that they criticised Inter two years ago, but they know nothing. Nothing.

"They know nothing about character and personality. They know nothing about the effort or what it is to resist physically, emotionally and technically, with 10 men. They know nothing about organisation. They know nothing. That's why my heroes at Chelsea are in my mind and why Chelsea deserve to be in the final. One of the great things about football is that it is unpredictable. Chelsea have fantastic fans and so do Bayern Munich so I hope they enjoy the final. And I hope Chelsea win."

And after that he did not mention it a lot when we won the thing, apart from that cingeworthy interview when he rejoined us when he kept using the pronoun we, as though he should be given credit for it.

José Mourinho cant always give the fans the perfect answer, no doubt he enjoyed our sucess in 2012 and was also happy when we won the Europa League, but its better for the players to have the mentality of "I dont play the Europa League" rather than have the mentality of "Even if we lose, there is still the Europa League" Uefa Cup is for losers, and last season we won it, but the satisfaction wasnt there.I prefer to be in the Champions League and get knocked out in the Semis every year, than winning this cup.Yes he didnt gave the perfect answer, because there is people like you who prefers to focus on what he missed, but in the end of the season, pretty sure his way will lead us to trophies and that's what matter.

Yeah go onto the post match discussion of the Europa league final and all of the comments pretty say "meh" (sarcasm). At the end of the day wining any major trophy is something to cherish,and there was certainly no weak mentality of "at least there is still the Europa league", it just happened that circumstances put us there and we took advantage of it. I thought that was the 'winning mentality' so many cherish about.

And when winning it put us into an elite group who have won all major European competitions, then you can at least abide that its not as prestigious as the Champions league and celebrate how far Chelsea have come.

Yeah go onto the post match discussion of the Europa league final and all of the comments pretty say "meh" (sarcasm). At the end of the day wining any major trophy is something to cherish,and there was certainly no weak mentality of "at least there is still the Europa league", it just happened that circumstances put us there and we took advantage of it. I thought that was the 'winning mentality' so many cherish about.

And when winning it put us into an elite group who have won all major European competitions, then you can at least abide that its not as prestigious as the Champions league and celebrate how far Chelsea have come.

At the end of the day winning a major trophy saved the season, and got us into this special groupe of clubs, I was very happy but I dont want to play it again, and José pointed at that, I dont want my team to compete for the Europa League and that is the right thinking.

I found these two topics very interesting from Jose today:

"The club is solid. The club is very well organised, the numbers are correct," Mourinho told Sky Sports News. "We as a club want to follow the Financial Fair Play rules, but we are in a very stable situation. I like the squad, I like the profile. I like the fact we have a very young squad with three or four experienced players that are still in a fantastic moment of their career."

on the topic of Brana leaving CFC:

"They didn't contact Chelsea. If there was any interest, it was not official," he added. "As a manager, a board, we have the responsibility of running the club, and the owner, and we are very, very clear that there is no chance that Ivanovic will leave Chelsea."

I won't lie, I am really starting to get a warm & fuzzy feeling about this season :D